attachment disorder and knowing God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

am I too damaged to know God? I have an insecure attachment style and push/pull in relationships. Nothing feels steady for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 8/24/2016 at 7:16 PM, Scraplover27 said:

am I too damaged to know God? I have an insecure attachment style and push/pull in relationships. Nothing feels steady for me. 

It seems like every time we turn around there is a new mental disorder they want to tag people with.  

No one is to damaged to know God. He is God, the creator of the universe. There is nothing He cannot do or fix.  

You need to focus on Him totally and  not allow yourself to be told your to damaged or you have this disorder that cannot be fixed.  

I would like to know if you are a Christian.  Have you accepted Jesus into your life and your Lord and Savior.  If you have not that needs to be your first order of business.  When you put Christ first in your life things will start to make sense and fall into place. Listen to what God has to say about you.  Get into the Bible.  Start in the book of John, then get into a good Bible believing Church that will get you grounded in the truth.

Believe what God says about you, not what man has said.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 8/24/2016 at 9:16 PM, Scraplover27 said:

Welcome Scraplover, I looked after a girl with an attachment  problems ,mostly this happens when something dramatic happened in their life , I don't know if this was the case with you but I do want you to know that Jesus told us all to come as we are,He loves us all and loves you very much and is waiting for you to give your heart to Him. He will never send you away.

I love to help you where I can with advice,who told you that you have this attachment problem?

Do you live with your parents ?

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. John 6:37

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 8/24/2016 at 7:16 PM, Scraplover27 said:

:emot-heartbeat:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, Luke 4:18 (New International Version)

:emot-heartbeat: