• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

On 8/26/2016 at 11:20 AM, shiloh357 said:

knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."
(2Pe 3:3-4)

I can never understand how it is scoffing. It sounds like a simple question. Where is the promise of his coming sounds like a question.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, tigger398 said:

I can never understand how it is scoffing. It sounds like a simple question. Where is the promise of his coming sounds like a question.

It's scoffing because of the tone.  It's meant to be a snide remark indicating that since Jesus hasn't returned yet, we as Christians are foolish enough to believe He's coming back.  Scoffers misinterpret Jesus' delay as evidence that Christians are foolish to believe that He is coming back.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

It's scoffing because of the tone.  It's meant to be a snide remark indicating that since Jesus hasn't returned yet, we as Christians are foolish enough to believe He's coming back.  Scoffers misinterpret Jesus' delay as evidence that Christians are foolish to believe that He is coming back.

Wow I don't think I met anyone like that yet.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That is a lie, I do not doubt that Jesus is coming back, I doubt that people know when.  I have heard end time predictions since I was a young child, and with 100% accuracy they were wrong.  From the Apostles to the people on this website, people think they are in the "last days" and have been thinking that for the last 2000 years.  So, yes I scoff, not at the idea that Jesus is coming back, but at the idea we can know when.  God told us no man knows, and I for one, believe Him

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is a lie, I do not doubt that Jesus is coming back, I doubt that people know when.  I have heard end time predictions since I was a young child, and with 100% accuracy they were wrong.  From the Apostles to the people on this website, people think they are in the "last days" and have been thinking that for the last 2000 years.  So, yes I scoff, not at the idea that Jesus is coming back, but at the idea we can know when.  God told us no man knows, and I for one, believe Him

But remember Jesus says you will know by the season.

27 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

But remember Jesus says you will know by the season.

He does?  And yet for 2000 years mankind has gotten it wrong.  Eventually someone will be right, not because of any great understanding, but because it was time.   There was one small iota of truth to Shiloh's post above, every time there is some "end time" prediction that does not come true, it causes harm to the Gospel message.   Yet, that has never stopped anyone from trying to know what God said we cannot know.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I wasn't talking about you.  I was referring to the Scripture I posted.

40 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I wasn't talking about you.  I was referring to the Scripture I posted.

yes, a scripture you posted in a direct reply to me.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

yes, a scripture you posted in a direct reply to me.

It was a reply that affirmed the point you were making of what I thought you were making about the that fact that people have been saying Jesus is about to return since biblical times.  That passage supports that notion.  I was not saying you are a scoffer about the Lord's return.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

it's sad that satan has so much power.