IGNORED

Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

People have been saying that since the day after Jesus left this earth.  

knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."
(2Pe 3:3-4)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

God's truth does not change, but people do and how His followers present and proclaim His truths have changed.   As for the great falling away, I think that is a bit presumptuous considering that in many areas of the world Christianity is booming.  

He does not change on how He deals with us.  And as for the falling away, that is part of the end times. I rejoice when I see so many thousands embrace Jesus, but there is and there will be more falling away from their faith.

Guest shiloh357
On 8/25/2016 at 3:15 AM, WorthyNewsBot said:

(Worthy News) - Half of Americans who have left their church no longer believe in God, leading a surge of nearly one-quarter of the nation who have no affiliation with any religion, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center said Wednesday that 49 percent of what they term "nones" left their church and religion because they "don't believe." Another 20 percent said they don't like organized religion. Other reasons included "common sense" and a lack of belief in miracles. [ Source ]

View the full article

You can attribute this in part to a society that is teaching children in public schools and in public colleges to embrace the homosexual lifestyle and evolution.  You can attribute this in part to liberal pastors who say the same things.   When you teach children and young adults that God's word is irrelevant, that it cannot be trusted and thus by extension, God cannot be trusted, then no one should be surprised that we are losing more and people.  I would be willing to wager that just about everyone under 30 years of age in the US has accepted both Evolution and gay marriage.  

75% of churched youth leave the church within about 2 years of HS graduation.  http://crossexamined.org/youth-exodus-problem/  

Some just fall out of the habit of going to church and many lose their faith when faced with intimidating Atheist professors who, instead of simply teaching what their paid to teach, use their position and the vulnerability of impressionable minds to ship wreck the faith of others.

But overall our culture is postmodern and that plays a big part in why so many reject the Christian faith.  Christian parents are outnumbered and society has managed to  wrestle the minds of children away from parental influence (It takes a village...).  There is a rising chorus on the Left claiming that children belong to the government, and not their parents. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

12 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

New environment?  Gods  truth is the same yesterday, today , and  forever. It does not change nor does He.  It is called the great falling away.

The great falling away. I have heard of that in last days.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

He does not change on how He deals with us....

I am not really sure I can agree with that.   Adam walked with Him in person, Noah was spoken to directly and very specifically, Moses had a burning bush, Egypt had 10 signs, the children of Israel had manna appear each morning and a pillar of smoke/fire to follow, Jonah spent time in the belly of a great fish, Daniel had the mouths of actual lions closed.  Jesus feed 5000 from a few scraps and walked on water for all to see.   We have a historical record of it all happening, but none alive for the last 1900 or so years have dealt with in the same manner that God once interacted with His creations. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am not really sure I can agree with that.   Adam walked with Him in person, Noah was spoken to directly and very specifically, Moses had a burning bush, Egypt had 10 signs, the children of Israel had manna appear each morning and a pillar of smoke/fire to follow, Jonah spent time in the belly of a great fish, Daniel had the mouths of actual lions closed.  Jesus feed 5000 from a few scraps and walked on water for all to see.   We have a historical record of it all happening, but none alive for the last 1900 or so years have dealt with in the same manner that God once interacted with His creations. 

God does not change nor does His Heart toward His creation.

7 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

God does not change nor does His Heart toward His creation.

True, but His methods do.  

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is completely irrelevant to the issue.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That is completely irrelevant to the issue.

I was responding directly to a comment in the post above mine. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Except there come a falling away first. An apostasy must precede the Coming. That is, there shall be a general falling away from the purity of the faith. No apostasy of magnitude occurred in the history of the church for centuries, which could answer to Paul's description, but the gradual declension, corruption, and departure from the ancient faith, which was fully developed a few hundred years later, has always been spoken of by Protestant church historians as The Apostasy. There is no good reason for doubting that it is to the apostle refers.
And that man of sin be revealed. He shall be revealed then in connection with the apostasy.

2 Thess. 2:3, Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;