Plastic surgery and Christian ethics

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is it wrong to have a plastic surgery? I am thinking of having a breast augmentation surgery from Windsor Ontario. My family is very orthodox and they are saying that it is against Christian ethics. Is it true? 1 Peter 3:3–4 quotes "Don't be worried about the outward magnificence of extravagant haircuts, costly gems, or wonderful garments. You ought to dress yourselves rather with the excellence that originates from inside, the unfading magnificence of a tender and calm soul, which is so valuable to God". They are justifying their statement using this verse. Is it true? Is it really against Christian ethics?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

:sherlock:

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17  (New International Version)

~

PS: IMO You Will Lose Both Feeling
And Function If You Go Through With This

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, cutesausage said:

Is it wrong to have a plastic surgery? I am thinking of having a breast augmentation surgery from Windsor Ontario. My family is very orthodox and they are saying that it is against Christian ethics. Is it true? 1 Peter 3:3–4 quotes "Don't be worried about the outward magnificence of extravagant haircuts, costly gems, or wonderful garments. You ought to dress yourselves rather with the excellence that originates from inside, the unfading magnificence of a tender and calm soul, which is so valuable to God". They are justifying their statement using this verse. Is it true? Is it really against Christian ethics?

I read nothing in scripture that says you can't have this done.  I would like to know however how old you are?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings cutesausage

Welcome to Worthy,this is the Q& A Forum in the "Outer Court",the Outer Court is reserved for unbelievers & guests to pose questions to us Christians in regards to our Faith as they are "Seeking" the Lord,Gods Truth    I sent you a PM to help you post properly so you will get many replies as you cannot interact in Q & A sect ions......You will have access to the appropriate Forums & Sections as soon as you have the minimum required posts  

As far as your question,imo I do not think it is"against" anything,however,when walking in Spirit & in Truth physical appearance is unimportant....the Eternal minded are not concerned with temporal or carnal(flesh) things........Many women have corrective surgery after a mastectomy ,the purpose of breast augmentation is what,in your case?In other words,why are you  looking to add or reduce? I would be more concerned with "why" I was looking to have this surgery if it were me.....You are "perfect" the way God made you....He sees your heart,ask Him to help you to see what HE sees & your motives....Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik