Running Gator

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I want to say I don't understand why this person has become the new darling of the right wing, but sadly I do.  Even in politics the old adage "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is prevalent, even though it has just about a 100% failure rate in the long term.

Assange is one of the lowest forms of humanity to ever walk this planet, he deals in stolen good and is treated like some sort of modern day Robin Hood.  And now he has decided to yield his power to influence the political process of our country.  This should concern everyone, but instead he is being interviewed by the likes of FoxNews like he is some legitimate source for information.   People should be concerned why he is so all fired hot to get Donald Trump elected, but they are not because he is "on their side".  

Once a person like this is given legitimacy like he is getting, there is no turning back, there is no closing Pandora's box.  Mark my words, nothing good will come from this, this man does not have our country's interest in mind. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I'm going to temporarily suspend my self-imposed ban on commenting on the two major party POTUS candidates on this forum.  My point of view is this:  the political system in this country is completely corrupt and actually has been for quite some time.  The difference this year, however, is that one of the two candidates is anti-establishment, and that has ALL the establishment in an uproar.

(Note:  My belief that Trump is anti-establishment is in the end MY OPINION.  Please do not go off on that tangent - I hope you can agree that people are entitled to THEIR OPINIONS - even when they are at odds with yours. Yes?)

In any event, we have a corrupt media.  We have the candidate on the D side who should be in prison.  That candidate WOULD be in prison were it not for the fact that 1-she is a D; 2- she is a "progressive" (i.e. no restrictions on abortion; and 3 - she is a Clinton, and 4 - she is DEFiNITELY establishment.

I agree with you that Assange is not a stellar character.  He does not have our country's interests at heart - you are likely correct about that.

Does Bill and Hillary Clinton have our country s best interests at heart? Does Obama?  Does any member of the D party?  Does any member of the R party?

I consider myself "right-wing".  Yes, I believe in smaller government, in that old relic called "The Constitution".  Yes, I'd like to see honorable people running for office who share my political philosophy.

The trouble is:  there are none.

So when you make your blanket statements about "the right wing", I take offense.  I'm not supporting Assange, though I CAN understand his appeal.  People are SO frustrated at the corruption (which to repeat myself is now to the point where even non-political junkies can see it) they will follow anyone who might FINALLY result in Clinton landing in jail.

Sadly, it's not going to happen.  I've come to the conclusion that nothing (short of God's intervention) is going to stop Clinton.  

What the establishment wants, it gets.  That's why it's the establishment.  I've seen nothing in politics in the last 25 to 30 years to convince me otherwise.

Blessings,

-Ed