IGNORED

What Apologetics Topics give you the Most Trouble?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've been into apologetics for many years.  By far, the most difficult for me is the problem of evil and suffering in the world, and why God allows what He does.  I would rather take on 500 atheists while simultaneously defending doctrinal issues rather than try to give an answer for this to somebody who is truly suffering.  I'm talking about suffering that renders you speechless (or close to it) and all you can do is be there with them.  Yes, I know the simple logical answer: broken-fallen world, sin has consequences, ect.  That's EASY to answer.  But pain is personal, and not everybody knows what it's like to suffer greatly (I say this knowing this pain is subjective).

Knowing and believing that we serve a good and loving God Who has all power to do whatever He pleases, it's very difficult for me to know that and yet also acknowledge the realities of this world and life, which can be horrific and flat out brutal. 

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 8/26/2016 at 11:48 AM, Apologetics Evangelism Guy said:

What issues are most difficult for you to deal with?

• Islam
  • Atheism
  • Faith VS Reason
  • Evolution
  • How to start a conversation?
  • Biblical Evidences

You can add to the list. I just posted a few as examples.

I'd love some feedback on this.

I'll use these topics in upcoming podcasts. I launched my Apologetics Evangelism Podcast recently and want to deal with relevant issues!

Thanks,

Dylan

anti-intellectualism

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 4/10/2022 at 8:01 AM, Kevin_1972 said:

I've been into apologetics for many years.  By far, the most difficult for me is the problem of evil and suffering in the world, and why God allows what He does.  I would rather take on 500 atheists while simultaneously defending doctrinal issues rather than try to give an answer for this to somebody who is truly suffering.  I'm talking about suffering that renders you speechless (or close to it) and all you can do is be there with them.  Yes, I know the simple logical answer: broken-fallen world, sin has consequences, ect.  That's EASY to answer.  But pain is personal, and not everybody knows what it's like to suffer greatly (I say this knowing this pain is subjective).

Knowing and believing that we serve a good and loving God Who has all power to do whatever He pleases, it's very difficult for me to know that and yet also acknowledge the realities of this world and life, which can be horrific and flat out brutal. 

Hi Kevin,

yes, and I would say we have all suffered pain. My thought is that we, as humans place pain at the top of our list that God should deal with, (now or yesterday). However, it is NOT at the top of God`s `list,` purpose for a person. Salvation is what God is dealing with in a person who is unsaved, and for a believer, then trust and patience in affliction, (My grace is sufficient for you...).

Pain is a powerful teacher. But do we listen and heed.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2