• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Dok said:

Our status is saved. Forever. We sin, but our standing is not sinner. We are the Righteousness of God in Christ. Saved for eternity. Nothing can plunge us back into the status of sinner.

amen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Sadly many can not accept that we are who God says we are, righteous, redeemed and Holy. We are no longer our old sinful selves, we are a new creation in Christ. We may not "feel" like the righteousness of God in Christ and we may not "think" we are as Jesus is here and now (1 John 4:17) but God says we are indeed both of those things. I have found when I think or feel one thing and God says something else one of us is mistaken (it isn't God). 

The issue arises when people can not or will not accept God's definition of who we really are on faith. It is both a pride and ego issue as well. Once we believe what God says about us then we can walk in the light of the Truth and truly begin a relationship with Jesus.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

I see, many object to the title 'sinner' in fear that they will lose their standing as 'saint'.

Newsflash, admitting we are sinners will not change our standing as saints.

I suppose many do....... I have no such fear. I'm forgiven. What many overlook is that it is a matter of parts of speech. Think about "sin," in context, as in "I sin, you sin, they sin." That's something we born-again Christians do in so many different ways (words, thoughts, deeds). However, our standing in Jesus is "saved, sin-free (blameless), for eternity." When He looks at me He sees not sin, He sees the result of the witness of the Holy Spirit: Jesus, the Cross. I am, in His eyes, sin-free, blessed with the Spiritual Nature (occupied by the Holy Spirit), no longer "sinner," saved by the His wonderful forgiveness when I confessed Romans 10:8-13; I endorse the Spiritual Nature through prayer and Bible Study, as in Romans 8:1. We confess and praise thereafter the Truth of God's Amazing Grace to Him and others.

Only those who have never confessed Jesus as Savior remain guilty of original sin. They live and move and have their being in daily sins. They are classified as "sinner", living outside of the will of God. God still sees their lostness in sin, their standing, and sins (the words, thoughts, and deeds of the sinful nature). Our prayer is that the Holy Spirit will make them aware of their lost estate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I once heard that 1 John 1:8-10 was suspected to be an early Christian "hymn" or "creed" of some sort and is inserted as a quote.  Philippians 2:5-11 is another one and is often represented in the text as stylized. Can anyone speak to this?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/30/2016 at 8:00 AM, Yowm said:

Newsflash, admitting we are sinners will not change our standing as saints.

Well your newsflash should say "admitting we are saints who can and do sin".  Otherwise it will change your standing.

On 8/29/2016 at 8:47 PM, Dok said:

Our status is saved. Forever. We sin, but our standing is not sinner. We are the Righteousness of God in Christ. Saved for eternity. Nothing can plunge us back into the status of sinner.

Amen. One would think that this has registered with every Christian. 

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Let me ask you then, the above question. 

That sinner's prayer is indeed for sinners. The saints cannot pray that prayer, since it would repudiate the grace of God already extended to the believer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

One must understand the war within us is real and it is all about truth and lie... as long as we are in this body of death we shall struggle with the multitude of ways our flesh tries to condemn us... but the Lord says this
1 John 3:20-24

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
KJV

in as much, in all this, we are assured that we will be delivered from this battle of confusion knowing >God knows< and we, in our self inability to provide other, rely on Him to deliver even from the confusion of sin...  as we do not place faith in ourselves or others but in God alone! It is He that keeps us unto eternal life and not participating in sin clears the confusion so that we are gifted to see even as He sees and relationship is developed so that it becomes very personal to not sin for the reward of closeness to Him...  Love, Steven

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

So is this a prayer that you as a Christian can make?..." Lord, be merciful to me a sinner'.

I would not pray that particular prayer if it indicated that my standing is "sinner". In context, then, it is prayed by a Jew, who, in rejecting Jesus as Messiah, or failing to confess Him as Savior (Romans 10:8-13) remains in the standing before God, a sinner 24/7/365 (one who is lost).  My standing before God is Christian, born again, Spiritually birthed, walking in newness of life 24/7/365 (one who is found). We must be careful to distinguish between daily sins and our standing before God. "When He looks at me He sees not what I used to be, He sees Jesus." It cannot, Praise God, be any other way!!

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So why confess your sins at all? Since we are not Jews, haven't refused Jesus as Savior, in good standing, forgiven, born again,spiritually reborn,fully declared 'righteous' etc. .

I believe it is because our walk is tainted with this world and the flesh and so when we fall into temptations etc. we do ask the Lord to forgive us as a sinner...because He does convict us of sin.

What do you believe?

1 John 1:9. If we confess our sins (not confess that we are a sinner). That passage deals with those times when we fall into temptation and blur fellowship with God. We do not lose our standing before Him; we confess each sin and He graciously restores crystal-clear fellowship. "Losing salvation" never comes into view.