• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, it is a sin.

Ephesians 4:32

Proverbs 15:1

neither of those make being unkind a sin.  Sometimes the truth is not kind.  are these words of kindness?

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Was Jesus sinning when he said these things? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Those are fruits of the spirit, general tendencies we should have.   Is a Christian who is also a pro-football player sinning during the time on the field when they are not being meek?

Was Jesus being kind when He called people a "brood of vipers"? 

are these words of kindness...

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

You always ask the most interesting questions. I don't have an answer for you. I don't really like football.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

You always ask the most interesting questions. I don't have an answer for you. I don't really like football.

What if we move away from football and say there is a Christian Marine fighting in a war.  Are they sinning if they do not show meekness in the middle of a fire fight?  

I say kindness is a great attribute and should be our general nature.  But sometimes kindness is just not called for.   Calling a group of people a brood of vipers is not kind

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

30 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Those are fruits of the spirit, general tendencies we should have.   Is a Christian who is also a pro-football player sinning during the time on the field when they are not being meek?

Was Jesus being kind when He called people a "brood of vipers"? 

are these words of kindness...

You are not Jesus.

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You are not Jesus.

Non sequitur much? :unsure:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Non sequitur much? :unsure:

You used Jesus as an example of why being unkind is ok. My response made sense and fit the post I quoted. 

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You used Jesus as an example of why being unkind is ok. My response made sense and fit the post I quoted. 

If I am Jesus or not does not change if being unkind is a sin or not.  If if it a sin for me to be unkind, then it would be a sin for everyone, inducing Jesus during his time as a human on this earth.   Whether I am Jesus or not does not change this fact.  So, the question remains, were those kind words by Jesus?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Do you think members on Worthy try to push other member's buttons?

1. The word "some" should be inserted before "members".

2. Pushing buttons should be clarified.  Does it mean deliberately aggravating someone? Here are some synonyms:

Synonyms for aggravate

verb annoy
20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What is the best Christian approach to this?

The Christian approach is to focus on the issues (provide biblical feedback not personal opinions), and not the aggravating personalities who may show up from time to time.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

1. The word "some" should be inserted before "members".

2. Pushing buttons should be clarified.  Does it mean deliberately aggravating someone? Here are some synonyms:

Synonyms for aggravate

verb annoy

The Christian approach is to focus on the issues (provide biblical feedback not personal opinions), and not the aggravating personalities who may show up from time to time.

I would assume that would be correct.... they are doing it intentionally.

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I would assume that would be correct.... they are doing it intentionally.

Perhaps instead of assuming (we all know what that does) you should point it out when it is taking place.  To be silent about it, or to start a thread like this, does not allow the other person to know that you feel they are purposely trying to push your buttons or what have you.  I have found the direct approach to be the best, beating around the bush assuming the other person will take the hint does not work as well.