IGNORED

Huffington post terminated this guy

Guest AFlameOfFire

Guest AFlameOfFire

I dont know if videos can be posted here or not in this section

So I will just post the title of the video (concerning what just happened)

David Seaman's channel

"Huffington Post TERMINATED Me For Questioning Hillary's Health"

I think this is actually newsworthy

What do you guys think of this? Justified termination? censorship on steriods? handled correctly? Incorrectly?

Curious as to your thoughts on this sort of thing becoming the new norm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

I think its the new norm. But it is also the right of a private enterprise like huffpo to fire whomever they wish to fire. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I dont know if videos can be posted here or not in this section

So I will just post the title of the video (concerning what just happened)

David Seaman's channel

"Huffington Post TERMINATED Me For Questioning Hillary's Health"

I think this is actually newsworthy

What do you guys think of this? Justified termination? censorship on steriods? handled correctly? Incorrectly?

Curious as to your thoughts on this sort of thing becoming the new norm

The Huffington Post is an extremely left wing liberal paper.  As with most liberals they seem to think they do and say anything no matter who it hurts or the fallout afterwords.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, AFlameOfFire said:

Censorship of anything that exposes the lies and deception of the liberal-left or the Democrats has become the norm.  All the news media, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. have all jumped on this bandwagon.  And now Obama is handing censorship of the internet to the enemies of freedom and free speech.  I trust Trump will take office and ensure that the internet is not controlled by those who hate the light because their deeds are evil.

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I think its the new norm. But it is also the right of a private enterprise like huffpo to fire whomever they wish to fire. 

For just cause, not to block free speech and truth.

21 minutes ago, Ezra said:

For just cause, not to block free speech and truth.

Free speech does not apply to private enterprises. Huffpo is not a govt entity and can do as it wishes with firing people. It can choose what to print and what not to print. 

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Free speech does not apply to private enterprises.

The issue of private enterprise does not apply. Journalism with integrity means free speech, since the public's right to know the truth is involved.   Huff Post (or any paper) hires journalists to present the news factually.  Not manufacture news to support an agenda.

Voters cannot make informed decisions if they are simply being fed the party line.  But since journalism has been corrupted, we assume that the media should censor whatever they please.

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The issue of private enterprise does not apply. Journalism with integrity means free speech, since the public's right to know the truth is involved.   Huff Post (or any paper) hires journalists to present the news factually.  Not manufacture news to support an agenda.

Voters cannot make informed decisions if they are simply being fed the party line.  But since journalism has been corrupted, we assume that the media should censor whatever they please.

Im not trying to be argumentative, but the "publics right to know" is a myth. No private media is required to inform us. They are in the business of selling ad space, not to provide the truth. There is no law at all that says they have to have free speech or post truth for the publics right to know. Huffpo and all media hire "journalists" to present their version of what news and policy should be. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Im not trying to be argumentative, but the "publics right to know" is a myth. No private media is required to inform us. They are in the business of selling ad space, not to provide the truth. There is no law at all that says they have to have free speech or post truth for the publics right to know. Huffpo and all media hire "journalists" to present their version of what news and policy should be. 

You are 100% correct.  Also, this journalist has lots of other options for getting his story out.  Google his name and the entire first page is one story after another about him being fired.  Anyone that relies on the HuffPost for "information" has some serious judgment issues to start with. It should also be pointed out that David Seaman was a contributor to the HuffPost, which means he cannot actually be fired as he is not an employee, just a freelance journalist who they sometimes paid for stories. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just to add my $0.02:

The 1st Amendment applies ONLY to the government - not private entities.  The government cannot (correction: is not supposed to) censor the free press or free speech (with rare exceptions, i.e. yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater).

I understand Ezra's apparent frustration with the media and their one-sided coverage - I happen to share it.  Would that the modern day press WOULD speak Truth to Power (even when that power has a D label.)

Even so, if we were to have a system where the government REQUIRED the press to report a certain way or to cover certain stories, I'm sure we would find the "cure" is worse than the disease.

Like pretty much everything else related to our current culture, the press is corrupted and way far afield from the Founder's intentions.

There are no easy solutions.