• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I'm sure most know what christian science is. That you supposedly don't need medication only faith. I agree faith is important and that God is the healer. I also know I will not survive without my medication that I have now. So is it lack of faith if you go to Dr.s for medication and not God alone to heal you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

5 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

I'm sure most know what christian science is. That you supposedly don't need medication only faith. I agree faith is important and that God is the healer. I also know I will not survive without my medication that I have now. So is it lack of faith if you go to Dr.s for medication and not God alone to heal you.

Paul in the bible gave medical advice. Luke, who wrote Acts and Luke, was a doctor. There is nothing wrong with seeking medical attention. It is not a lack of faith. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

So why do some people won't go to Dr.s  and believe God alone will heal. Isn't that like testing God. Like a cult.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is Christian Science?"

Answer:
Christian Science was begun by Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), who pioneered new ideas about spirituality and health. Inspired by her own experience of healing in 1866, Eddy spent years in Bible study, prayer, and research of various healing methods. The result was a system of healing she dubbed “Christian Science” in 1879. Her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, broke new ground in the understanding of the mind-body-spirit connection. She went on to found a college, a church, a publishing enterprise, and the respected newspaper “The Christian Science Monitor.” Because of its similarity to other groups, many believe Christian Science to be a non-Christian cult.

Christian Science teaches that God—Father-Mother of all—is completely good and wholly spiritual and that all God's creation, including the true nature of every person, is the flawless spiritual likeness of the Divine. Since God’s creation is good, evils such as disease, death, and sin cannot be a part of fundamental reality. Rather, these evils are the result of living apart from God. Prayer is a central way to come closer to God and heal human ills. This differs from the Bible, which teaches that man is born in sin inherited from Adam’s fall and that sin separates us from God. Without God’s saving grace through the death of Christ on the cross, we would never be healed of the ultimate sickness—sin.

Rather than teaching that Jesus heals our spiritual sickness (see Isaiah 53:5), Christian Scientists see Jesus’ ministry as their own paradigm for healing, believing it demonstrates the centrality of healing in regard to salvation. Christian Scientists pray to realize more of the reality of God and God's love daily and to experience and help others experience the harmonizing, healing effects of this understanding.

For most Christian Scientists, spiritual healing is an effective first choice and, as a result, they turn to the power of prayer in lieu of medical treatment. Government authorities have occasionally challenged this approach, especially in circumstances when medical treatment is withheld from minors. However, there is no church policy mandating members' health-care decisions.

Christian Science has no ministers. Rather, the Bible and Science and Health act as pastor and preacher. Bible lessons are studied daily and read aloud on Sunday by two elected lay members of each local congregation. Christian Science churches also hold weekly testimonial meetings, at which congregation members relate experiences of healing and regeneration.

Of all the “Christian” cults in existence, “Christian Science” is the most inaccurately named. Christian Science is neither Christian nor based on science. Christian Science denies all the core truths of what makes a system “Christian.” Christian Science is, in fact, opposed to science and points to mystical new-age spirituality as the path for physical and spiritual healing. Christian Science should be recognized and rejected as the anti-Christian cult that it is.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-science.html

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

44 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

So why do some people won't go to Dr.s  and believe God alone will heal. Isn't that like testing God. Like a cult.

Christian scientists are a cult anyway. With false beliefs. 

For those who refuse to go to doctors, I think they are foolish but its their choice. Many of them who keep their kids away from doctors end up losing their kids to illness. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

For those who refuse to go to doctors, I think they are foolish but its their choice. Many of them who keep their kids away from doctors end up losing their kids to illness. 

I have heard horror stories about this.  My grandmother was a Christian Scientist. She lived to be a ripe old age and died in her sleep.  One of the "lucky" one I would call it. It is a cult in every way.  There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, tigger398 said:

So is it lack of faith if you go to Dr.s for medication and not God alone to heal you.

No, it is not a lack of faith to take medications. But we need to also be clear that the reliance of modern medicine on manufactured drugs is not the best solution. Almost all those drugs have serious side effects, and drugs often deal with symptoms not causes. People can take Advil for temporary relief, but what caused the headache is the real issue.

And although Christian Science is not Bible Christianity, we need to recognize that many ailments are the result of what goes on in the mind. Strong negative emotions do bring about physical changes and harmful physiological reactions, and sometimes lead to death.

There is another issue that has recently come up and that is the harmful ingredients in vaccines which are being administered today.  There is a concern that some vaccines are designed to decimate populations instead of protecting them from infections.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My understanding of Christian Science is that they are like the Bible cult of gnosticism.  They maintain that the spiritual realm is the only reality and the physical world is not real.  

"We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter." " We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts."

Confusing?  It is mysticism.  My great aunt insisted her lung cancer wan't real but she died from it.  Like most cults, they say they believe like we do, but they have different definitions for the same words that we use.  So they say the believe in God and in His Son Jesus, but they put a different spin on just Whom they are and the significance of what they have done.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I think it is an unwise choice to keep away from Physicians or anyone from the medical field. God has provided us with these professionals. We can count our blessings that we do not have the diseases and that we have the medications that were not available years ago. There were many deaths. I also think it is not wise to keep your children and yourself away from immunizations. That is what keeps America healthy. Some of these people who decline the care of a doctor lose their lives and their children's lives to illnesses that can be cured. That also goes for the JW who refuse blood transfusions.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Wikipedia says this:

Christian Science theology differs in several respects from that of traditional Christianity. Eddy's Science and Health reinterprets key Christian concepts, including the Trinity, divinity of Jesus, atonement and resurrection; from the 1883 edition she included a glossary that redefined the Christian vocabulary, and added with a Key to the Scriptures to the title.[n 8] At the core of Eddy's theology is the view that the spiritual world is the only reality and is entirely good, and that the material world, with its evil, sickness and death, is an illusion. Eddy saw humanity as an "idea of Mind" that is "perfect, eternal, unlimited, and reflects the divine," according to Bryan Wilson; what she called "mortal man" is simply humanity's distorted view of itself.[45] Despite her view of the non-existence of evil, an important element of Christian Science theology is that evil thought, in the form of malicious animal magnetism, can cause harm, even if the harm is only apparent.[46]

Eddy viewed God not as a person, but as "All-in-all." Although she often described God as if discussing personhood – she used the term "Father–Mother God" (as did Ann Lee, the founder of Shakerism), and in the third edition of Science and Health referred to God as "she" – God is mostly represented in Christian Science by the synonyms "Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, Love."[47][n 10] The Holy Ghost is Christian Science, and heaven and hell are states of mind.[n