WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,282
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Nearly a third of U.S. counties will be left with just one insurance option next year on the ObamaCare exchanges, according to a new analysis fueling warnings about the impact of the insurance company exodus from markets across the country.

The Kaiser Family Foundation study found residents in Pinal County, Ariz., are even at risk of having no insurance options on the exchanges, which provide subsidized plans.

The Kaiser Family Foundation study found that overall, 31 percent of counties will have just a single insurance option within the Affordable Care Act exchanges. That's up from 7 percent this year -- and underscores a problem many analysts have been warning about for years. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the main part of Obamacare to make it work at low prices was to force everyone to buy insurance....   until the tax for not being insured is as large as the insurance itself then not everyone will and the prices will remain high, even to the point that the insurance companies can not charge premiums high enough to cover the payments for care and they go bankrupt over it or drop out of that market.  By only having one choice it puts all the people in one pool and helps spread out the cost to a larger group and lowers the cost of each person.

It is a scheme to lower the individual costs of healthcare without actually lowering the cost of the healthcare and affecting the profits of the corporations that provide it.  So it's really not lowering the cost of healthcare for the nation, just spreading that cost out to everyone....   and if they can manage to get everyone paying for insurance it will be the next best thing to single payer that progressives want..... 

Of course we do have the option of just going home and die which is what we used to do years ago.  Life expectancy in 1925 was 56 years old and now it's about 78.   Who spends most of the money on healthcare as a general rule.....   older people.   So if you send us home to die at 60 it will lower the cost of healthcare drastically.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, other one said:

and if they can manage to get everyone paying for insurance it will be the next best thing to single payer that progressives want..... 

The buzz has long been that Obamacare was designed to fail, but be the setup to bring in single payer healthcare, that is, a federalized national health insurance program like in Britain and Canada.

that may have been what Reid and Palosi wanted along with Obama, but the rest of congress and senate owes way too much to the insurance industry to let that happen.

Actually the "make everyone buy insurance" thing came out of a conservative think tank and was not really originated by the democrats.  We already pay for a lot of the medical care for people who don't have insurance by higher costs passed on by the hospitals to those who do have insurance.  That's where $11 aspirins come from.

I spent a very long time taking the original bill that was passed by congress but not the senate and it really was not a bad bill.   Unfortunately people in the tea party would not spend the time to really understand the bill and passed around so much untruth about it that people were in a rage about it......    then the senate actually put in a lot of the lies that the tea party people were saying was there (but was not) and managed to pass that anyway by themselves....

If you really want to fix this, we should overturn the entire obamacare bill and pass the original HR3100 at the same time.   It would take two years for things to settle down and we could tweak things that had unforeseen consequences in it....   It got everyone covered but in a way that helped the really poor people who needed it in ways that made it hard to take advantage of.....    also ways to fight fraud both in the new parts of the bill and existing medicare...   and didn't put most of the cost of the poor on the states.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, other one said:

the main part of Obamacare to make it work at low prices was to force everyone to buy insurance....   until the tax for not being insured is as large as the insurance itself then not everyone will and the prices will remain high, even to the point that the insurance companies can not charge premiums high enough to cover the payments for care and they go bankrupt over it or drop out of that market.  By only having one choice it puts all the people in one pool and helps spread out the cost to a larger group and lowers the cost of each person.

It is a scheme to lower the individual costs of healthcare without actually lowering the cost of the healthcare and affecting the profits of the corporations that provide it.  So it's really not lowering the cost of healthcare for the nation, just spreading that cost out to everyone....   and if they can manage to get everyone paying for insurance it will be the next best thing to single payer that progressives want..... 

Of course we do have the option of just going home and die which is what we used to do years ago.  Life expectancy in 1925 was 56 years old and now it's about 78.   Who spends most of the money on healthcare as a general rule.....   older people.   So if you send us home to die at 60 it will lower the cost of healthcare drastically.

Im in my late 50s. I am not remotely ready to die lol. I still feel like a 30 something yr old.

34 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Im in my late 50s. I am not remotely ready to die lol. I still feel like a 30 something yr old.

LoL  well I'm nearly 70 and I still feel that same way....   except some days it hurts to act like a 30 year old....   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I heard somewhere that the Obama Plan known as the " Cadillac Plan" that those who have this plan and the companies that provide this plan would be taxed. I might have heard this wrong :noidea:

that takes effect in 2018.   it taxes the companies that offer plans that cost more than a bit under $11,000 a year premiums for an individual and a bit over $27,000 for a family.  People are not charged tax on company paid insurance plans and Obama doesn't want to give people that much tax free income.    The tax is 40% of the amount over that base amount...