• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

1 John 4"14-16
14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

BOTH ,One in the Same                                                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

You have run into the idea, that we call the trinity, or the triune God. It can be a bit difficult to understand or accept.

Functionally, there are three persons, three personalitys so to speak, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three persons are each called God in the Bible, yet at the same time, the Bible insists that there is just one God.

So, these three persons, are the one God. While not strictly technically true, you could almost think of God as a committee of three, all wrapped up into one being. These three have a common will and purpose and all three participated in the creation of the universe. They, the three, are all eternal, all knowing, all powerful . . .  they posses the attributes and nature of God.

You asked about Jesus, God, or Son of God. As other have said, "both". We refer to Him as God the Son.

God the Son, is the person, through which the world was created, however, the Son, at that point, was not Jesus. When the time came for God to step into the world to redeem humanity, to rescue some from some of us from the consequences of our sin, God caused to be conceived in a young virgin woman, a child, who would come to be named Jesus.

In this way, God the Son, became Jesus, the Son of God. As a human, He experienced life as we all do, yet, He lived life without sin, Eventually, He died on the cross for our sins, a once for all sacrifice, effective for all of those who would be saved from their sins, and gain eternal life, to live forever in the presence of God.

Jesus, was fully man, yet fully God. After His crucifixion and death, He later rose from the grave and resumed life, however, this time He was not limited to the body He was born with, He possesses a new body designed to occupy eternity with the Father again, no longer subject to death or limited to other Human frailties.

Eventually, Jesus will return once more, and the destiny of those He has saved, is to inherit bodies like He now has, and the saved will also live with God in eternity.

I have tried to keep this simple and understandable, without complications and nuance, I hope it has proved helpful in increasing your understanding of the Son of God, and Who Jesus is.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin),c was not with the others when Jesus came. They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

“My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me. John 20:24-29

:emot-heartbeat:

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

He is the Son of God and He is God.