• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

34 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The globalist agenda is (1) destroy the concept of nations, national sovereignty and borders, (2) reduce the whole world to control by a globalist UN elite, (3) make every effort to flood the West with either illegal immigrants or Muslim migrant invaders, (4) promote the phony climate change and global warming agenda, so that the resources of the western world are diverted to wasteful spending on "carbon taxes", while their ability to be self-sufficient in energy production is reduced.  For more information study "Agenda 21".

Pope Francis grew up with Liberation Theology (Marxist ideology) and has been promoting these ideas vigorously at every opportunity.  Even his new "beatitudes" reflect this agenda.

I realize that all this is not directly related to Bible Hermeneutics. But as far as the Pope and the RCC are concerned, their interpretation of the Bible is deemed to be infallible, even though any Bible student can see that it is riddled with false theology, particularly a false Gospel which sends people to Hell.  

The Pope has gone along with all this since he represents the RCC. In fact he has blatantly and knowingly claimed that the god of the Muslims -- Allah -- is the same as the LORD God Almighty of the Bible, and that the Koran and the Holy Bible are on the same level.  This can only be the teaching of a false prophet.

http://nationalreport.net/pope-francis-followers-koran-holy-bible/

You're absolutely right, this has nothing to do with Biblical hermeneutics but in a way biblical hermeneutics has much to do about this issue and that is if you read the Bible properly and in context you won't come up with this type of conspiracy. What will or won't happen at the end of the world is not an issue with me because I won't be here to experience it.

The following is an excerpt from Wikipedia;

He does not support unbridled capitalismMarxism, or Marxist versions of liberation theology. Francis maintains the traditional views of the church regarding abortion, euthanasia, contraception, homosexuality, ordination of women, and priestly celibacy. He opposes consumerismirresponsible development, and supports taking action on climate change, a focus of his papacy with the promulgation of Laudato si'. In international diplomacy, he helped to restore full diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We all need a way to organize and understand written communication.  The danger in any hermeneutic system is the same as in any system of laws that govern.  There is no law that can be written that can make a person righteous if they followed it.  There is no hermeneutic law that would make interpretations 100% correct if they followed them.

Proper interpretation of scripture comes from walking with the author.  Faith is expressed through works.  When one preaches Christ and him crucified as one to receive as King of Kings and Lord of Lord's and someone received Christ in unto themselves they become born again.  They are babes in Christ who must receive the milk of the word to grow by learning by what he says to do and doing it.  As a person grows by following the works Christ teaches them to do they also begin to grow in understanding of the more complex scriptures that Peter spoke about that Paul wrote among others.

I once made the mistake of making the study of scripture an intellectual exercise.  That led me to error through my own understanding.  I wafted through commentary after commentary and book after book.  I became a regular at the "Christian Mars Hill" where the "greats" came to talk about their new insights.  All that did was insight debate, envy and deceit.  Mostly self deception through pride.

Then I met a man who told me to put my bible on the shelf before I hurt myself or someone else and go with him out into the field and preform actual ministry bring men and women to Christ through the example of Christ in us doing for us that which we could not do for ourselves while we were still in the flesh.  I agreed and obeyed.  As I preformed the works of righteousness found in Christ I began to change and to see clearer.  Old ideas that were mere intellectual exercises in futility to understand written words in God's book were destroyed in my mind.  I learned through doing what it is that James meant when he said Faith Without Works Is Dead.

It would be a grave error for me to think that I could come back to the old Christian Mars Hill and change the minds of them through intellectual discussion.  It didn't work for Paul at Mars Hill and I thank him for the example that I might not repeat.  

Earlier in the thread I read where it was condemned to understand the scriptures experientially.  I believe that to be a grave error for it was by experience that all who came to know God historically in scripture did so.  There is not one single case of a person coming to know God through intellectual exercise.  There are many that get and stay lost through it like the Pharisees.  We all have to choose what we believe.  As for me I am with Joshua who said he and his house would serve (Do the works of) the LORD.  Today I read the bible to better understand what to do in service that is loving God and my neighbor and leave intellectual stuff to those who follow their intellect. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

I once made the mistake of making the study of scripture an intellectual exercise.  That led me to error through my own understanding.  I wafted through commentary after commentary and book after book.  I became a regular at the "Christian Mars Hill" where the "greats" came to talk about their new insights.  All that did was insight debate, envy and deceit.  Mostly self deception through pride.                        gdemoss

The spirit of pride.................still going strong as it was from the very beginning only because it is the one no one wants to "see".........I used to think myself an intellectual as well Brother,lol As a matter of fact I thought very highly of myself(even funnier!!!lol)

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

This may be a stupid question.  Where in the Old Testament is the concept of "world" or "earth" explained in terms understood by Christian scholars today?  Did the OT explain a planet called Earth?  So how does the lack of understanding of a planet Earth or world affect our understanding of what John was inspired to write in Revelations?

• Group:  Advanced Member

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

This may be a stupid question.  Where in the Old Testament is the concept of "world" or "earth" explained in terms understood by Christian scholars today?  Did the OT explain a planet called Earth?  So how does the lack of understanding of a planet Earth or world affect our understanding of what John was inspired to write in Revelations?

Gen 1:1

BTW,  I find your avatar a tad offensive.

Edited by StanJ
  • Oy Vey! 1

11 minutes ago, StanJ said:

Gen 1:1

BTW,  I find your avatar a tad offensive.

Nope.  Check out the original language.  Moses did not have a concept of a spherical ground (earth) that people lived on when he inspiringly wrote the Pentateuch. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Nope.  Check out the original language.  Moses did not have a concept of a spherical ground (earth) that people lived on when he inspiringly wrote the Pentateuch. 

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c015.html   Read and learn something.

• Oy Vey! 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, StanJ said:

I have reported your post as a personal insult directed at me and will now put you on Ignore.

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is Bible hermeneutics?

It is the science of the interpretation of the Holy Scripture.