how do you stop being a christian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it's the Lord you're having the trouble with. He's gentle and kind.. and his birden is light. I used to struggle with similar feelings until I realised it wasnt the Lord that was making me feel that way. There must be more to what you're dealing with maybe? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Wildflower, he hasn't even visited this website since October 1st!

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I was not a good person and was undeserving of Jesus love. But it doesn't matter. He loves us no matter what. He is our father and just wants to rap us in his love. I have felt it. No one is to sinful for Jesus because his love for us is so much greater than anything. Death is not the way out. The answer is truly Jesus 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/1/2016 at 9:54 PM, spark said:

I think I messed up by becoming a Christian how do i undo this. I've realised I'm to broken to be fixed. I'm not what god needs. I don't fit in with Christians in life or electronically. I want out no matter the cost. I would be better off dead than to live constantly wanting something that is unobtainable. I already live in that hell. For the most part his people are all the same. I can remember now why not to trust them and why I hated them. I feel like a fool. How do I get away from god?

I found this question interesting. Then, I read your explanation.

you're not broken. God didn't create junk. I dont fit in with people either, but we're not broken.

Something is off, apparently. I know it feels hopeless. Unfortunately, I cannot answer why you, or I, cant fit in with other people. God hasn't revealed that answer to me either.

We could say people are jerks, and deserve a punch to the face, but that's sin. God cannot honor that, ever. Yet, people will still be cruel, and it seems...God blesses them? Yet, what do we do?

That...doesn't matter. What DOES matter is...why you want to run away from God.

The answer: It's not God's fault. People are people. God is love. It may be hard to understand that, but God did not commission people to treat you like dirt. People are fickle. Love them anyway.

"But I dont get anything out of it"....Neither do it. Neither does anyone reading this.

I dont have a remedy, but I did make a decision: Love people anyway. It's not what one wants to hear, but until an answer is found, be disciplined and push forth.

I WILL STATE IT HERE THOUGH...God could do a much better job explaining why some struggle, and some dont.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Spark,

I am sure there is a very long story behind your wanting to leave Christianity. I would love to hear it because yours is not the norm of people who come to Christ. However, there IS a way out, IF you really want to take it. You simply renounce your faith in Jesus Christ and renounce your belief in Him as your Savior. That prayer should give you some small comfort, but there are a few things you should know.

1) Just because you renounce Christ as your Savior, does not change the fact that He IS the Savior of the entire world. Your renunciation is merely your opinion and your decision...it will not affect the Christian faith, nor will it do anything about the true fact that Jesus still loves you NO matter how broken your are.

2) In the book of Hebrews it warns us about those "who were once of the faith and now are not". It speaks of it being much harder for them to re-enter the faith later on. When I say much harder, please read "almost impossible". Those decisions are entirely up to God's grace and mercy and it is much more difficult for a "backslider" to know the peace of God. Paul, the Apostle, began as one who persecuted Christians and wrote most of the New Testament Epistles. Even he, late in his life, considered himself to be chief of sinners. The only difference between Paul and you is that he KNEW God was the only one who could fix him...even if it took a lifetime.

3) Leaving the faith means you will no longer have an "advocate" with the Father. That means you are "on your own" and there is nobody to stand up for you when troubles come. Believe me, you think now that you will be better off, but when troubles come (and they will), you will have NO help. Then, on judgment day, instead of having Jesus intervene before the Great Throne, you will have no one to speak up for you. Of course, then it will be too late and God will ask you to explain why you once believed and then renounce His Son. You should begin now to work on your answer. Perhaps you can craft an answer that will be acceptible...but from all accounts I have read in the Word of God, so far, nobody has been able to save themselves.

4) Just because you leave the faith, does NOT mean God is going to leave you alone. The Bible says that God is not willing that even one should fall sort....so leaving the faith will put you at the top of His list for evangelism. You see, his children, imperfect and flawed as they are (broken, if you will), try to love others with a God kind of love and they take His commission to preach the Gospel to ALL creatures very seriously. Do not be surprised if the contact from God INCREASES after you renounce Him.

I am praying for you and so are many others. I hope you do not leave the faith, but at least I have told you how you can do it as you requested.

Blessing my brother

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

NONE OF US are worthy of God's love.  it's a GIFT. If you want to "get out" you're being deceived. it's like trying to run into a prison you can escape at any time.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

For God so loved the world. 

That he gave his only begotten son. 

I feel for those who think they're not worthy of God's love. This is a deeply personal issue for them and not a thing to do with God. Being his love letter to the world tells us just the opposite of what some people claim about the god they know. 

Very sad. 

And yes, Spark hasn't been here in ages. Perhaps they found their own way. Hope so. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

14 hours ago, Sight said:

"But I dont get anything out of it"....Neither do it. Neither does anyone reading this.

I dont have a remedy, but I did make a decision: Love people anyway. It's not what one wants to hear, but until an answer is found, be disciplined and push forth.

I WILL STATE IT HERE THOUGH...God could do a much better job explaining why some struggle, and some dont.

I would disagree in part. Living free of anger, of jealousy, and all those emotions, is definitely something we get out of it. Let me ask; are you free of cynicism? Because it's a poison. If you can be free of it by not coveting, by not being angry and jealous, by not looking for vengeance, if you can just let go of that and let God worry about it while you carry on, then a peace and contentment comes. That's something you definitely get out of it.

And simply put, some struggle and some don't, because there is sin. This is a fallen, imperfect world. If sinners immediately got their due, if the righteous were immediately rewarded, could we say that the world is truly fallen? And sure, He COULD explain immediately, plainly, perfectly...but how to build strong faith that way? Instead, He asks us to trust Him when we CAN'T see and understand...real faith, strong faith.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

There was only one person who really tried to teach me and I'm sorry for wasting her time. At one point I think she even defended me to something I didn't understand. Yes I'm a let down but I.....tried.the worst part is that I screwed someone else over by telling him about god. And telling him the prayer. I will find a way out I have one heart ach already. I can't take another.

Sir, you think way too much of yourself. You telling someone else about God cannot mess them up. First, you were doing a good deed, something the Scripture encourages...sharing your faith. No matter how well or how poorly you did the sharing, you were obedient to God. The other person does not now, nor ever did depend upon you for their salvation...that responsibility is on Jesus Christ alone. Whatever their decision does not reflect upon you. If you, in your opinion screwed up, their condition still does not depend upon you.

You seem to be taking responsibility where you have none. If that is the basis of your faith, then perhaps you really do NOT have any faith...and THAT answers your original question....how do I get out? You already are!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Praying for you spark.