• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

48 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Sweet!  since Jesus is going to clean up after us, we don't have to worry about what we do to the earth!  

False accusations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Jesus does not clean up the earth, there a NEW earth according to the passage you posted.  I am one of those who is not so sure Jesus is coming soon, I think we are still a ways off, thus I would like to leave a habitable planet for my great grand kids.

No one knows when this will occur. God will make this a habitable planet for you, your grandchildren and theirs as well, stop worrying about things we, and even the poor old pope have no control of. 

2 Peter 3:10, But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

God will renovate the Earth by fire.

Fire does not cause anything to cease to exist. Fire can merely change something from one condition to another or renovate and cleanse, as the case may be. Peter shows that there will be a renovation of the Earth by fire and that the future renovation will not blot out the Earth any more than did the destruction of the world by water. That the atmospheric heavens and the Earth, "which are now," will never cease to exist, but will merely be renovated by fire and exist in a renewed state; wherein dwelleth righteousness.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

No one knows when this will occur. God will make this a habitable planet for you, your grandchildren and theirs as well, stop worrying about things we, and even the poor old pope have no control of. 

We have control over the quality of the air that we breath, the water we drink and the land we grow our food on.   We cannot pump pollution into our air and waterways and just expect God to fix it for us, prior to the second coming.   You seem to not care about what happens to this earth prior to that point.  I do care.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am one that believes we should take care of the planet we live on the same as we care for the dwelling (house, apartment, etc.) we live in.

But unfortunately, there is too much globalization (that is the movement) tied into "environmentalism."

It is difficult to fight for and promote measures that would reduce waste and clean things us without the globalization getting mixed in.

28 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

We have control over the quality of the air that we breath, the water we drink and the land we grow our food on.   We cannot pump pollution into our air and waterways and just expect God to fix it for us, prior to the second coming.   You seem to not care about what happens to this earth prior to that point.  I do care.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stop putting words in my mouth. Where did I say "I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS EARTH PRIOR TO CHRIST'S RETURN?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If we had control over the quality of the air we breath and the water we drink and the land we grow our food on, then why is it so polluted?

Go to India and tell them to stop dumping dead bodies and feces into the Ganges river where people downstream bathe and drink and see how far you get. God to China as tell them to stop polluting the air.

Wether we pump pollution into our air and waterways or not it will make no difference, Christ said He will renew the Earth by fire according to His Holy Word, its that simple.

This will happen regardless of what we do or do not do to our planet. This is not Ripleys "believe it or not," This is God's Word, believe it.

2 Peter 3:10, But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

22 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

If we had control over the quality of the air we breath and the water we drink and the land we grow our food on, then why is it so polluted?

Because we have control, the fact that it is all polluted is the proof we can control it.  If we can mess it up, we can clean it up.  

Wether we pump pollution into our air and waterways or not it will make no difference, Christ said He will renew the Earth by fire according to His Holy Word, its that simple.

This will happen regardless of what we do or do not do to our planet. This is not Ripleys "believe it or not," This is God's Word, believe it.

What about in the meantime?   What if it is not for another 1000 years till that happens, what about the earth till then?  what about the people that will have to live in our waste and filth till then?   

30 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Because we have control, the fact that it is all polluted is the proof we can control it.  If we can mess it up, we can clean it up.  

What about in the meantime?   What if it is not for another 1000 years till that happens, what about the earth till then?  what about the people that will have to live in our waste and filth till then?   

We may have control but we never do anything its too late, and sometimes by then it is too late. I saw men, many years ago, under the instruction of mine managers, drill down hundreds of feet into old mine workings filled with clean water, who knows where this underground water eventually emerges, they then poured thousands of gallons of sump oil down the drill hole and seaedl it up. I protested, even contacted pollution authorities and guess what, Nothing happened. It seems it was cheaper to do this than get rid of the sump oil properly?

"What if it is not for another 1000 years till that happens, what about the earth till then?"

I'm sure, no matter what happens, now or even in a thousand years, God, as He says He will, will clean the place up so it remains beautiful and pollution free forever.

In the mean time, Lets see how the popes urgings pan out :thumbsup:, not too well I imagine.

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

We may have control but we never do anything its too late, and sometimes by then it is too late. I saw men, many years ago, under the instruction of mine managers, drill down hundreds of feet into old mine workings filled with clean water, who knows where this underground water eventually emerges, they then poured thousands of gallons of sump oil down the drill hole and seaedl it up. I protested, even contacted pollution authorities and guess what, Nothing happened. It seems it was cheaper to do this than get rid of the sump oil properly?

I am sure after the earth is made new with fire it will be beautiful and pollution free forever.  But until that happens God is doing nothing to clean up after us. God gave us dominion over the earth and told us to take care of it.  Now He is letting us do as we choose until Jesus' return.  I for one do not think the right plan of action is to sit back, pollute at will and wait for God to clean up our mess.  He is not our maid

24 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am sure after the earth is made new with fire it will be beautiful and pollution free forever.  But until that happens God is doing nothing to clean up after us. God gave us dominion over the earth and told us to take care of it.  Now He is letting us do as we choose until Jesus' return.  I for one do not think the right plan of action is to sit back, pollute at will and wait for God to clean up our mess.  He is not our maid

Mate, you and I and other Christians care, the rest of the world, knowingly or not, don't care, especially big industries and major mining companies. Its all about production and profit. I see them cut corners that kill men, some right by my side, so they don't care at all about pollution.

Reason God is doing nothing at this time, and until He sends Christ back to take over the world and get rid of all rebellion and sin, is because the world in general has cut themselves off from Him and from Jesus.

Remember 1 Samuel 8:4-7? The world is not different today. Reject God and He will back off just like He did Israel.

1 Sam. 8: 4, Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
    5, And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
    6, But the thing displeased1 Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
    7, And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

1 Sam. 8:11-19, This is no different to what's happening to us today.

11, And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
    12, And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
    13, And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
    14, And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
    15, And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers,4 and to his servants.
    16, And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
    17, He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
    18, And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.
    19, Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

He wont be too well received by many when He does come back, that's why He will bring His army with Him. Can you see the likes of Putin, North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un, or Chinas leader surrender their power to Him? Not to mention the Antichrist?

Rev 19:14, And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 05/09/2016 at 0:29 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

We are looking after the Earth. Last time I looked we are no longer spewing lead into the atmosphere like we did before we banned leaded petrol, we have National Parks everywhere, and we are cleaning up our rubbish. We have laws against pouring sewage into the streets, and we have put numerous different animals onto the protected species list. What more do people want?

The environmentalists don't know when to stop. Man-made Global Warming is a hoax, because only God controls the weather. Every prediction the Global Warmists have made has turned out to be false. The Bible warns us that if somebody predicts something and it turns out not to be true then that person is false prophet!