• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

They expect that Paul could have had an eye problem ,the reason of the thorn in the flesh was to keep him humble so he would not be boastful .

It is all speculation. The Bible is silent on what the " Thorn in the flesh" was.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

1 hour ago, Davida said:

It is not a matter of blaming God, but reading what is revealed to us plainly in the text & accepting & honoring that.It is like you are not going by scripture alone. It is not "churchy doctrine" what people are telling you, it is what is written in the Word of God in black and white.  God is not inconsistent & does not contradict HIS scriptures.   The Bible tells us that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. He uses the same tactics of trickery which he used on Eve in the garden - Satan perverts God's Word, he challenges it and alters the meaning. Deceiving spirits sent by Satan pretend they are God & will add or subtract from the Bible scripture. What seems like wisdom is deceit that is cleverly camouflaged. Don't be lead astray thinking you are receiving special "wisdom" from God.

Its plainly revealed that the messenger of Satan is not from God.  It was a messenger FROM Satan.  Satan sent it.   Paul asked God two? Three times?   And God said that His grace was sufficient to do the job.   Paul finally caught on.  And the demon was sent packing.  Do you really think God allowed it?  

James 1:13-14 (CJB)

13 No one being tempted should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, and God himself tempts no one. 14 Rather, each person is being tempted whenever he is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of his own desire

If God allowed the demon, or sent it to Paul, He would certainly be inconsistent.   If it's Gods will that we be tried (tempted) by demons, why did he deliver us from Satan's power?   Come on....What does the Word say?    I don't want to hear churchy teaching, or doctrines of demons...What does the Word say?

It always comes down to that....WHAT DOES THE WORD SAY?

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, angels4u said:

They expect that Paul could have had an eye problem ,the reason of the thorn in the flesh was to keep him humble so he would not be boastful .

Or to block him from being exalted by God.  Paul was shown a great many wonderful things by God.  Satan would have loved to block all that.

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is all speculation. The Bible is silent on what the " Thorn in the flesh" was.

?!?!?!?!   The bible says very plainly what  the thorn was!

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

nope sorry, Denadii , I don't accept your version, it is in error.

Wow!  No wonder the general Christian populace is so powerless.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Sorry Denadii you are putting your own spin on this that is not what it says. God is Sovereign and GOD will use Satan for HIS Glorious purposes & so it was with Apostle Paul & this "thorn". Paul explains it very clearly, what it was, why it was and why GOD allowed it and why the Lord would not remove it.  Btw, the Lord Jesus is the only one with the Power to remove it. Apostle Paul is teaching us a lot in those verses what we are to do in the situation.

God does not use Satan...He uses His Word.  If Satan attacks you God can use it for your best. 

Romans 8:28-29 (CJB)

28 Furthermore, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with his purpose; 29 because those whom he knew in advance, he also determined in advance would be conformed to the pattern of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers;

Can you give me a scripture where God uses Satan?

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry Denadii you are putting your own spin on this that is not what it says. God is Sovereign and GOD will use Satan for HIS Glorious purposes & so it was with Apostle Paul & this "thorn". Paul explains it very clearly, what it was, why it was and why GOD allowed it and why the Lord would not remove it.  Btw, the Lord Jesus is the only one with the Power to remove it. Apostle Paul is teaching us a lot in those verses what we are to do in the situation.

When God says His empowering Presence is sufficient, He means it.  So look at it this way.....Can evil stand int the presence of God?  No.  Yet Paul was filled with Gods Grace(His empowering presence)  How was the demon able to stay?

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

It is evident in 2Cor 12:  God allows bad things to happen for HIS own purposes. God allowed this thorn that is what the Bible says to humble Paul so he would not be conceited. FYI, God is going to use Satan in the Trib too.

I don't know how your bible reads......You can believe what you will.  It seems obvious I cannot convince you of what the Word says.  Even if its right in front of you.  So.....

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Of course I am powerless, it is the Lord JESUS who has all the Power--apart from Christ we can do nothing.

John 15:4-6 "4Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. 5I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned.…

You talk as though 'Christ' is Jesus' last name.  Of course without 'Christ' you are powerless...But He gave you that anointing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is a big difference between temptation and being puffed up with pride. It wasn't that Paul would be tempted, but that God was preventing Paul from being prideful. It would have hindered Paul's ministry. Whatever the thorn was, it prevented temptation from even taking place. It kept Paul from being prideful and reminded him he was just another John Doe that was human like everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1