IGNORED

hese 10 Bible prophecies were fulfilled in 1948 when Israel became an independent

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

http://watchmanbiblestudy.com/articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.html

These 10 Bible prophecies were fulfilled in 1948 when Israel became an independent, united nation for the second time in history, and for the first time in 2,900 years. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Thank you angels4u,

I appreciated reading about all those wonderful prophecies. There is also the Lord`s words concerning Israel becoming a nation with many other nations at the same time. This we know happened around that time also - many Commonwealth nations became independent.

`And He spoke to them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, & all the trees. When they are already budding, you see & know for yourselves that summer is now near.` (Luke 21: 29 & 30)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

http://watchmanbiblestudy.com/articles/1948PropheciesFulfilled.html

These 10 Bible prophecies were fulfilled in 1948 when Israel became an independent, united nation for the second time in history, and for the first time in 2,900 years. 

angels4u

Israel did become a state in 1948, and that changed history forever, but the first one I checked in Amos below, is speaking of when Jesus comes to save Israel at his Coming.  It has nothing to do with 1948.  According to the prophesies, Israel will be attacked again.  She will be trodden on by the gentiles.  Her enemies will turn against her for the last time.  Her current allies are her enemies, and they are setting her up for a fall.

so please compare this

Amos 9:14-15
I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.  Jerusalem and the whole world will be punished - then mercy for Israel after this.
to this;
Jeremiah 25:9   Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:11   And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:12   And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:18   To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;

Jeremiah 1:15   For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah.

Jeremiah 6:1   O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Bethhaccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:22   Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

Jeremiah 10:22   Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.

Jeremiah 13:20   Lift up your eyes, and behold them that come from the north: where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?
Jeremiah 50:3   For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast.

Jeremiah 50:9   For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.

Jeremiah 50:41   Behold, a people shall come from the north, and a great nation, and many kings shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Jeremiah 51:48   Then the heaven and the earth, and all that is therein, shall sing for Babylon: for the spoilers shall come unto her from the north, saith the LORD.

This great nation coming from the North is the beast, as spoken of in Rev (10 kings), and the false prophet is working with them.  They will take Israel for the last time.  There are many more scriptures concerning this, all pointing to the end times.

In Ezekiel 37:10-14, the prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life. Just as Ezekiel had prophesized about 2600 years ago, the Jews were brought back to the land, and the country of Israel was brought back to life. Israel re-established sovereignty in 1948, a mere three years after the end of the Holocaust, during which the Nazis killed about one-third of the world’s Jewish population.

Ezekiel 37:10-14
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say,  ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

This has nothing to do with Israel 1948.

These are the remnants of Israel also from past generations who will be brought into the kingdom during the Millennium.

Job will be there, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, etc, ...all the prophets, and many more, even Noah, ....  They will all be brought back from the dead and given life again in a "flesh body".  They are not resurrected to "spirit", but just brought back from the dead like Lazarus was.  They are reserved to be fed and saved by the Lamb of God and to inherit the land (Kingdom of God)

1 Kings 19:18   Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Romans 11:4   But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Not only the remnants of the last days will be brought into the kingdom, but from all generations...

Isaiah 49:6   And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

During the Millennium.

Job 19:26   And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Jeremiah 31:15   Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.

Jeremiah 31:16   Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.

Rahel = Rachel.  Crying for her children (Israel)

The land of the enemy = the grave/death

Physically, they will be risen (not resurrected), but risen like Lazarus was.  This is not hard for Christ to do.  Thousands of years make no difference.  We will see amazing things happen.

Angels4u

Going through all this was too much to put into one post.

I disagree with this one also;

In Amos 9:14-15, the prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again. Amos lived about 2700 years ago, during a time when the people of Israel were being forced out of their homeland by a succession of foreign invasions. Despite many centuries of exile, many Jews returned to Israel and reclaimed sovereignty over a portion of their ancient homeland. This declaration of independence, in 1948, triggered a war with the surrounding countries, which objected to the presence of a Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, the day that armies from the surrounding countries invaded, Azzam Pasha, the Secretary General of the Arab League, said “This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades.” Similar quotes were uttered by others during the war of 1948-49 and during the two major wars that followed. Despite its tiny size, Israel prevailed in these wars, preventing its people from being uprooted again, as they had been in ancient times.

Again, it was amazing that Israel was brought back together in 1948, but these scriptures are speaking of something else.  Not 1948, but future...

Isaiah 66:7   Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

Isaiah 66:8   Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Isaiah 66:9   Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Before she (Zion) travailed (tribulation), she brought forth a man child (Jesus).  No one was persecuted specifically for "Jesus' sake", before he came, nor Israel.  After Jesus, persecutions came to those who followed his teachings, and persecutions continue until his 2nd Coming, ....for his sake. 

Eg, Israel are not being persecuted because they believe in Christ, but because God showed favour to them in the past and did marvelous works before them, and all that God did for them was heard of throughout the earth, ....news traveled, and the Serpent hates them for that reason, that they are associated with God.

Zion (the Kingdom of God) must go through labour pains on this earth before her children can be born. Tribulation. After this there will be the resurrection at the Coming.  The first time we were born was out of "water" (our natural mother), the second birth comes of Zion in the resurrection (a spiritual birth born out of God's teachings).  We will be born truly out of spirit (changed) when Zion gives birth.....we come back into the world in a different way from before when we first entered.  We enter as spirit this time, and not flesh, because Zion's children come through her teachings, and no other way.

When the saints are born of the spirit in the resurrection, God will not forget Israel.  He will not shut Zion's womb, for she has more children coming.  The remnants of Israel will return, but in the "flesh" for God has not forgotten them and has great plans for them.

Edited by Sister

Israel would be re-established as a united nation

Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:21-22
Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: 1948

In Ezekiel 37:21-22, the prophet said that God would one day bring the people of Israel back to Israel, as a united nation. This might have been a shock for Ezekiel. He lived about 2600 years ago. At that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms. And, both kingdoms had been conquered by foreign invaders, who forced many of the people, including Ezekiel, into exile. But, when Jews reclaimed sovereignty in 1948, they did so as a united people, creating one nation - Israel.

Ezekiel 37:21   And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Ezekiel 37:22   And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

That King that should rule over Israel is Jesus.   This did not happen in 1948.  Israel did not recognise Jesus then, neither now.

The second Israel would be more impressive than the first

Bible passage: Jeremiah 16:14-15
Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC

In Jeremiah 16:14-15, the prophet said the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time that Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the descendants of Jacob (typically referred to today as Jews) out of Egypt, where they had been enslaved for 400 years. They then conquered Canaan and established Israel about 3400 years ago. But the second time that Israel was established was after the Jews had been scattered far and wide for a few thousand years. This time the Jews had to return from as far away as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa.

Jeremiah 16:14-15
“However, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when men will no longer say,  ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,’ but they will say,  ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.’ For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

People do not know Israel from being delivered out of the land of North back then?, every ones knows they are famous for being delivered out of Egypt. 

This will be spoken of and spread during the millennium, for the King of the North is coming again,...that dreadful terrible 4th beast spoken of in Daniel.

Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established

Bible passage: Ezekiel 4:3-6
Written: between 593-571 BC

In Ezekiel 4:3-6, the prophet said the Jews, who had lost control of their homeland, would be punished for 430 years. This prophecy, according to Bible scholar Grant Jeffrey, pinpointed the 1948 rebirth of Israel. Here’s a summary of Jeffrey’s theory:

1. Ezekiel said the Jews were to be punished for 430 years because they had turned away from God. As part of the punishment, the Jews lost control of their homeland to Babylon. Many Jews were taken as captives to Babylon.
  2. Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed the Jews to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland. But, only a small number returned. The return had taken place sometime around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.
  3. Because most of the exiles chose to stay in pagan Babylon rather than return to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The reason is explained in Bible’s book of Leviticus. (Leviticus 26:18, Leviticus 26:21, Leviticus 26:24 and Leviticus 26:28). In Leviticus, it says that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7. And, by staying in pagan Babylon, most exiles were refusing to repent.
  4. So, if you take the remaining 360 years of punishment and multiply by 7, you get 2,520 years. But, Jeffrey says those years are based on an ancient 360-day lunar calendar. If those years are adjusted to the modern solar calendar, the result is 2,484 years.
  5. And, there were exactly 2,484 years from 536 BC to 1948, which is the year that Israel regained independence.

(In this Bible passage, Ezekiel is asked by God to symbolically act out the 430 years of punishment)

Ezekiel 4:3-6
... Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. “Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. “After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

Ezekiel was told to act out what was coming.  All was symbolic.  Ezekiel was responsible to prophesy to Israel, if not his blood would be on them.  He did his job.

The 430 yrs would of been before Christ, and before 1948.  After this Jesus bared the sins of Israel himself and the whole world.

Angels4u, I'm sorry for posting so much. I don't mean to take over and I'll stop for now.   I'm not sure if you agree with the writer, or if you are just after a discussion?  I can't see any of these prophesies so far relating to what happened in 1948, but past that, future.  I'm sure I'll get rebuked here by someone, on something I've stated as seems to often happen, but so be it.  This post got me excited to discuss, because they contain all my favourite prophesies.

God bless.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/3/2016 at 8:02 PM, angels4u said:

Sorry, but all those prophecies pertain to the Second Coming of Christ, not to 1948.  They do not pertain to secular Zionist Israel. but the kingdom of Israel redeemed and restored under Christ. Christians need to be careful not to make a mishmash of prophecies.

Before those prophecies are fulfilled the Antichrist will take control of the world and there will also be "the time of Jacob's trouble".  A believing remnant of Jews will be protected by God in the wilderness, and finally Christ will come "with power and great glory" to deliver Israel from all its enemies.