Guest bonnieschamberger

Favorite drink/drinks

one needs to be careful when drinking green tea.....   probably any kind of hot tea.

Twice I have been to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack from overdosing on strong Green Tea.   I didn't realize that could happen until after the second time....    I have had all kinds of allergy problems for years until I started taking allergy shots in January.

The Green Tea seemed to help my allergy/lung problems so I used it a lot.....   Then last December I got a case of walking pneumonia and thought a super dose of Green Tea had to be better than a cup......    so I used the Mr. Coffee to make up a big old 12 cup pot of strong Tea....    about an hour after a few cups I got the worst chest pains I could imagine having.....   I really thought I was having a heart attack....    Trip to the ER and many tests later and a $20,000 insurance bill we found nothing at all wrong.   It wasn't later while looking for chest pain problem that I ran across a health web site warning that overdosing on Green Tea causes a heart beat that results in angina.    And the pain is severe.

So I would warn that if you are like me, five or six cups of strong Green Tea is very painful.....   and I am not sure how dangerous it is.

But I do really like Green Tea...

2 hours ago, other one said:

one needs to be careful when drinking green tea.....   probably any kind of hot tea.

Twice I have been to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack from overdosing on strong Green Tea.   I didn't realize that could happen until after the second time....    I have had all kinds of allergy problems for years until I started taking allergy shots in January.

The Green Tea seemed to help my allergy/lung problems so I used it a lot.....   Then last December I got a case of walking pneumonia and thought a super dose of Green Tea had to be better than a cup......    so I used the Mr. Coffee to make up a big old 12 cup pot of strong Tea....    about an hour after a few cups I got the worst chest pains I could imagine having.....   I really thought I was having a heart attack....    Trip to the ER and many tests later and a $20,000 insurance bill we found nothing at all wrong.   It wasn't later while looking for chest pain problem that I ran across a health web site warning that overdosing on Green Tea causes a heart beat that results in angina.    And the pain is severe.

So I would warn that if you are like me, five or six cups of strong Green Tea is very painful.....   and I am not sure how dangerous it is.

But I do really like Green Tea...

Yes oo. Also people need to know that white tea and green tea can drop out their blood pressure. That means it will lower your blood pressure and for those who already run a low BP that can make them dizzy and sick. That happened to my daughter.

For the health benefits all you need is 2-4 cups a day.

This is from Web MD

Green tea is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth long-term or in high-doses. It can cause side effects because of the caffeine. These side effects can range from mild to serious and include headache, nervousness, sleep problems, vomiting, diarrhea, irritability, irregular heartbeat, tremor, heartburn, dizziness, ringing in the ears, convulsions, and confusion. Green tea seems to reduce the absorption of iron from food. Drinking very high doses of green tea is LIKELY UNSAFE and can actually be fatal. The fatal dose of caffeine in green tea is estimated to be 10-14 grams (150-200 mg per kilogram). Serious toxicity can occur at lower doses.

On 9/15/2016 at 11:32 AM, Yowm said:

A&W Root Beer Float.

It has been decades since I had one of those...  Now I have a craving. 

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It has been decades since I had one of those...  Now I have a craving. 

I get them occasionally. They are really good :D

I like diet lemonade with a berry tea bag. Nice and refreshing on a hot day...I also like Cuppachino and Latte and sometimes a good flat white.

pepsi. i love pepsi. 

sweet tea.  unless its super hot.  then water and cherry glacier gatorade. 

I like reduced calories juice drinks such as Bai 5.  I also like tea.  My favorite is Greenfield Summer Bouquet but its kind of expensive and not found in many stores.  It's more common in Russia but I live in the USA.  

Water and milk

Coffee is my favorite

I also like green tea and am a bit surprised by the problems.

I know its drunk a lot in Japan and is claimed to be conducive to health.

I know it is high in caffeine like coffee.

I wonder what type of green tea has been causing the problems?

I know there are some very different types.

The authentic green teas as used in the tea service is very different from what most people have.

Even many/most Japanese don't really like it. Oddly I quite liked it!