missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

All born again Christians are Saints. We are also sinners.

http://koin.com/2016/09/04/mother-teresa-is-officially-a-saint/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1991

I know a few people who are very happy she was made a saint. I hear she did many good things. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Lynx said:

I know a few people who are very happy she was made a saint. I hear she did many good things. 

I am sure she did many good things. That does not get you to heaven. Every born again Christian is a Saint. But we do not pray to them.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1991

I never brought up praying to her sorry. We may not believe the same stuff though and thats ok. Peace to you fellow person in God. :laugh:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Catholic church has no right to canonize anybody. They are literally playing the role of God when they do so, by judging somebody who is beyond the grave.

According to Catholic doctrine, canonization means the declaration that somebody has been made a saint, but all believers are saints. The RCC definition of a saint is a specially chosen dead person with whom you can communicate with beyond the grave. This is necromancy and completely forbidden by scripture.

Thanks to this unwise decision, Teresa is yet another deceased person added to the already long list of deceased people whom Catholics can now pray to instead of putting their trust exclusively in Jesus Christ. Of course Catholics will declare that they are not really praying to these people, they are just asking for intercession. But intercession has always consisted of a living person praying for another living person. It never means talking to to those who have passed away. Nobody should be having conversations with Mary, Anthony, Paul or Teresa. This is idolatry and demeans what Christ did on the cross for us. It is also an invitation for demons and fallen angels (who love to impersonate the dead) to take the place of the so-called 'saint' and pretend to be that person. For centuries Catholics have been unwittingly praying to unclean spirits without realising it. St. Anthony, St Mary and St. Christopher can do nothing for you. They can't intercede on your behalf. Only Jesus has the power to remove sins.

Canonization and intercession of saints is not much different to Spiritualism or performing a seance. It is just a small step down from witchcraft - cleverly packaged and disguised as a form of Christian worship. It was one of the reasons for the Protestant reformation when it began to be recognised that both the Catholic and Orthodox churches have introduced heresies into the body of Christ.

There are a number of accounts of Orthodox monks who have spent hours praying to dead saints, then suddenly getting attacked by demons who manifest themselves in the physical. The monks believe that they are victims of the attack because they are incredibly holy and demons wish to attack the most holiest of people more than they do the least holy of people. While there may be some truth to this because Satan despises the righteous more than he despises the unrighteous, I would suggest that the real reason for these demonic manifestations is because of the misguided monks praying to deceased human beings instead of praying to Jesus. There are similar stories occurring throughout the Roman and Orthodox world.

Here is one example:

https://oca.org/saints/lives/2016/06/12/101697-venerable-peter-of-mt-athos

"At first St Peter was repeatedly subjected to demonic assaults. Trying to force the saint to abandon his cave, the demons sometimes took on the form of armed soldiers, and at other times of fierce beasts and vipers that seemed ready to tear the hermit apart. "

I'm not claiming that these monks are not in the main, righteous men, nor am I claiming that they are not saved, I am merely pointing out their error in trusting in 'saints' rather than in Jesus. Catholic and Orthodox history is riddled with accounts of demonic attacks, things that are much more rare in the Protestant world.

Christians who trust only in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and do not pray to saints are wearing the full armour of God. They do not need to pray to anybody else.

The Bible is very clear on such matters:

Deuteronomy 18:9-12

......... There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. ...

And from the NT we have:

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

What is it about the word "one" that Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians do not understand?

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

The moral things Teresa did in life of themselves were great.
Against abortion, to the point of rebuking then abortionist President Clinton openly in his presence, against drugs.
Helped the homeless, helpless and destitute.

However, works of any kind do not make one a saint and get one into heaven, no matter how "good" those works are.

Her mentions of God expressed in her Roman Catholic faith over the years would indicate she did not know the Savior of the Bible, Jesus Christ.
I have a copy of this Time magazine that tells a portion of the story of "Mother Teresa."
A story that is deeply troubling in Light of God's Word.

Mother Teresa’s Crisis of Faith

A few of the things that stood out, emphasis mine:

"Mother Teresa had visions, including one of herself conversing with Christ on the Cross. Her confessor, Father Celeste Van Exem, was convinced that her mystical experiences were genuine. “[Her] union with Our Lord has been continual and so deep and violent that rapture does not seem very far,” he commented. Teresa later wrote simply, “Jesus gave Himself to me.”

"The Onset
Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love–and now become as the most hated one–the one–You have thrown away as unwanted–unloved. I call, I cling, I want–and there is no One to answer–no One on Whom I can cling–no, No One.–AloneWhere is my Faith–even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness–My God–how painful is this unknown pain–I have no Faith–I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart–& make me suffer untold agony.
So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them–because of the blasphemy–If there be God –please forgive meWhen I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven–there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul.I am told God loves me–and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the Call of the Sacred Heart?"

"...By the 1980s the chain included figures such as Bishop William Curlin of Charlotte, N.C. For these confessors, she developed a kind of shorthand of pain, referring almost casually to “my darkness” and to Jesus as “the Absent One.” There was one respite. In October 1958, Pope Pius XII died, and requiem Masses were celebrated around the Catholic world. Teresa prayed to the deceased Pope for a “proof that God is pleased with the Society.” And “then and there,” she rejoiced, “disappeared the long darkness … that strange suffering of 10 years.” Unfortunately, five weeks later she reported being “in the tunnel” once more."

"...“If I ever become a Saint–I will surely be one of ‘darkness.’ I will continually be absent from Heaven–to [light] the light of those in darkness on earth,” she wrote in 1962. Theologically, this is a bit odd since most orthodox Christianity defines heaven as God’s eternal presence and doesn’t really provide for regular no-shows at the heavenly feast. But it is, Kolodiejchuk suggests, her most moving statement, since the sacrifice involved is infinite. “When she wrote, ‘I am willing to suffer … for all eternity, if this [is] possible,' he says, “I said, Wow.”

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/9/2016 at 3:47 PM, Lynx said:

I know a few people who are very happy she was made a saint....
I hear she did many good things....

:emot-heartbeat:

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/9/2016 at 2:47 PM, Lynx said:

I know a few people who are very happy she was made a saint.

Those people did not know that it is God who makes saints (and long before they die).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 04/09/2016 at 7:25 PM, missmuffet said:

All born again Christians are Saints. We are also sinners.

http://koin.com/2016/09/04/mother-teresa-is-officially-a-saint/

Can you quote one New covanant scripture wher God calls Christian believers sinners?