• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Violence Unfolding Between Tribes and Pipeline Company
BY DEAN DANIELS/ SEPTEMBER 4, 2016/ SOCIETY

The protests unfolding over the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline have caused swarms of controversy and physical torments on both sides of the quarrel. Security teams with vicious guard dogs have been used against the Native American protestors and their supporters during the months-long protests. The violent clashing as resulted in serious injuries.

The Standing Rock Sioux tribe is concerned the pipeline’s establishment will negatively impact water quality on reservation lands and imperil cultural heritage sites. The Sioux City Journal said the Standing Rock tribe “is fighting the installation of the pipeline on their reservation bordering North and South Dakota.”

Read the rest and watch videos Here. (note: link removed because it led to a websites that posted material not in keeping with our terms of service - not the video itself, but other links and ads on the page)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The pipeline is supposed to cut beneath the Missouri River just upstream from their land and it will cross treaty lands belonging to the Native Americans (this land was given to them as part of the 1868 Fort Laramie Treaty). Because there have been oil spills into rivers from other pipelines in the past (i.e. the 2010 Kalamazoo River oil spill that dumped 1 mill. gallons of oil into the river or 50,000 gallons of oil that spilled into the Yellowstone River in 2015), the Tribes fear this could happen to the Missouri River, their only source of drinking water. Plus, by cutting across a corner of their tribal land, the government is violating The National Historic Preservation Act which states: "Consultation with an Indian tribe must respect tribal sovereignty and the government-to-government relationship between the Federal Government and Indian tribes." (http://www.achp.gov/106summary.html

This is why 60 Tribes have united together to protest the American Government once again violating one of its treaties.

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
removed link

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What treaty have they not violated when it came to white man's wants

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I agree Nebula.  (And congrats on your marriage!!)   I actually came here to see if there was a topic on this.  Every day I am saddened by the fact that the people who were here before us have to fight for the right to keep the pipeline out of 'their' land.  It's like it's not even their land.  Let's face it ..."Christianity" as it was called, failed the aboriginals (both in Canada and the US) miserably.  They were pretty much annihilated, and those who remained were given crappy, unwanted land with promised, given alcohol and a stupid paycheck.  In Canada, they were sent to residential schools and native kids were also taken out of their homes and sent to white homes to live, where they were often mistreated and lied to.... all with the idea that it was good to 'get the Indian out of them" This happened right into the 1970's!  I have a friend who was taken during this 60's scoop and was beaten daily, treated as a slave and was lied to about his mother being dead.  And now, promises are continually broken and treaties completely ignored.  It's a sad injustice.  I wish more Christians would speak up and stand up.  There are many face book groups you can join to stand up for STanding Rock.  I know many will say "it's not our problem and they weren't really Christians who were murdering, mistreating, etc".  I know all of that and I agree with that.  I know many won't find a care in their hearts about this...   However, for those that do, wouldn't it be nice if today's Christians stood up for the injustice that absolutely did occur and is still occurring? 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

seeking justice in the devils home seems foolish to me...

The devil lives at Standing Rock?  Really, what is his address?  Maybe we can burn down his house.

Sorry for my sarcasm.   I am realizing maybe there is real fear in your heart.  Is that what you meant?   But perfect love drives out fear.  The devil lives in the hearts of men and ANYWHERE injustice is happening.  Surely you don't mean that Christians should not stand up for injustice? 

• Followers:  10

8 hours ago, artsylady said:

I agree Nebula.  (And congrats on your marriage!!)  

Thank-you! :wub:

• Followers:  10

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

seeking justice in the devils home seems foolish to me...

:huh: Huh? What do you mean by this?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This place (world) is given over to satan... I don't seek justice here. I expect injustice! I expect all God has said about what will be in this place.... 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, artsylady said:

Sorry for my sarcasm.   I am realizing maybe there is real fear in your heart.  Is that what you meant?   But perfect love drives out fear.  The devil lives in the hearts of men and ANYWHERE injustice is happening.  Surely you don't mean that Christians should not stand up for injustice? 

Satan is the prince of our world. Just look around you. You can stand up all you want for injustice but it may be a waste of time.