need advice

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi my name is Sharr, I have been a member of my church since the age of seventeen,  met my husband there and raised my three children there. Feeling frustrated with a situation concerning my youngest daughter and a boy. My daughters life revolved around church her youth group and God. A good girl, prayer warrior. A boy began attending our church when his parents sent him to a college near by. My daughter then age 20, began a relationship with said boy. Him and his parents are of a different culture and his father did not approve of my daughter due to not being college educated. Suddenly this relationship began taking my daughter away from God, sneaking around for 3 years. Then a child was created and this boy wanted to marry my daughter.  The father said no way stay away from her, made up horrible stories about my daughter to keep his son away. The boy stuck by my daughter through her pregnancy and birth of their son, all the while hiding it from his father. This went on till the child was two. Then he began staying away and when his parents would visit our church they would be seen talking to a girls parents a girl my daughter grew up with. The end was he was seeing my daughter and this other girl at the same time. This girl was college educated and when my daughter dropped out of college due to a life threatening brain tumor this boy ended the relationship. Soon began seeing the friend of my daughter. So my grandson is now three my daughter has been excluded by her friends while this boy and girl are held up high. Taking my grandson everywhere together, taking him to the girls parents. This boy shows my daughter so much disrepect treating her like the whore that defiled him. I feel so betrayed by my church and it has taken a lot of prayers to have kept my family of eleven there. Its just awkward and its taking its toll on me and causing extreme bitterness. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Wow.  I am sorry to hear this.  That is truly a tough situation.  Have you and your husband had access to the child?  Let him know from a grandparents viewpoint about his mother?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/6/2016 at 7:46 AM, sharr said:

Hi my name is Sharr, I have been a member of my church since the age of seventeen,  met my husband there and raised my three children there. Feeling frustrated with a situation concerning my youngest daughter and a boy. My daughters life revolved around church her youth group and God. A good girl, prayer warrior. A boy began attending our church when his parents sent him to a college near by. My daughter then age 20, began a relationship with said boy. Him and his parents are of a different culture and his father did not approve of my daughter due to not being college educated. Suddenly this relationship began taking my daughter away from God, sneaking around for 3 years. Then a child was created and this boy wanted to marry my daughter.  The father said no way stay away from her, made up horrible stories about my daughter to keep his son away. The boy stuck by my daughter through her pregnancy and birth of their son, all the while hiding it from his father. This went on till the child was two. Then he began staying away and when his parents would visit our church they would be seen talking to a girls parents a girl my daughter grew up with. The end was he was seeing my daughter and this other girl at the same time. This girl was college educated and when my daughter dropped out of college due to a life threatening brain tumor this boy ended the relationship. Soon began seeing the friend of my daughter. So my grandson is now three my daughter has been excluded by her friends while this boy and girl are held up high. Taking my grandson everywhere together, taking him to the girls parents. This boy shows my daughter so much disrepect treating her like the whore that defiled him. I feel so betrayed by my church and it has taken a lot of prayers to have kept my family of eleven there. Its just awkward and its taking its toll on me and causing extreme bitterness. 

It sounds like she was not involved with a born again Christian young man. Because if he was a Christian he would not have compromised your daughter. Unfortunately she was not seeking what God wanted for her life. I guess you have seen the character, integrity, morals and values that this young man has. This is the consequences for some very unGodly Christian choices. Sometimes those consequences from God can be severe. I think that your daughter needs a lot of Prayer. I hope she sees the mistakes that were made and makes Godly choices in the future in picking our a man who is a born again Christian for her sake and for her son's sake.