• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

How can one breathe when his body is turning into dust in the grave? In fact, how can one see, hear, speak, or even think when his body is corrupted? And it isn't just me who asked these questions....Psalms 6:5  For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
Ecclesiastes 9:5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6  Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. 10  Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

We do not have a soul that has its own personlaity and ability to communicate , feel, touch, taste, smell, without the body. Genesis clearly states that when "God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

Therefore we do not have a soul, we are a soul.

I said when we take our final breath here,, we don't turn to dust in seconds. And we do have a soul.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I said when we take our final breath here,, we don't turn to dust in seconds. And we do have a soul.

You did say when we take our final breath here, quite true. You also said quote: we will take or next breath in heaven". 

Genesis 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1 Corinthians 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Revelation 16:3  And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/8/2016 at 6:39 AM, Ezra said:

Short Answer: Yes for those who are in Christ and saved by God's grace....
See Acts 7 and 8 regarding Stephen's martyrdom....

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him. But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul.

They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!” Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them!” Having said this, he fell asleep. Act 7:54-60 (New American Standard)Bible

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, brakelite said:

How can one breathe when his body is turning into dust in the grave?

Because the soul and spirit live on. Why did you stop your quotations with the Old Testament?  Keep on reading to discover the truth.  Yes we are eternal souls and spirits and bodies are temporal. The souls and spirit of regenerated Christians go directly to be with the Lord. Hence "absent from the body, present with the Lord".

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 9/6/2016 at 8:17 PM, JulieTX said:

Does a person go straight to Heaven as soon as they die

Did the person believe Jesus Christ?

From the start to finish His Words remain the same?

I'll post it if needed but He truly desires for you to seek Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Julie

Although the particulars are all speculation I do tend to believe as you do.....this may sound a little like a sci-fi movie but I always incorporate the fact that in "Eternity" we will one day be as Christ is in Heaven.....no longer bound by space & time......I believe that it is possible to "awaken" to Jesus Loving Embrace when the dead in Christ are Risen and caught up......because we will transfer into an Eternal state I don't think we will be aware of "how long" we KNEW NOT or for lack of a better word," we slept"  In a moment we pass from here & suddenly we are being "caught up"....even though in this "realm" we may have died & knew nothing for hundreds of years.............that's my concept,everything I read in the Scriptures leads me to believe the "dead"(physically )know nothing from the grave,I do think as fully "spirit" it may be very much like when we are asleep......like a dream state or something to that effect.....far beyond anything we can think or imagine with our finite minds......we are looking at the transition from  finite to INFINITE....W O W!!!!!!!!

So don't get me wrong,,I do not t really believe in "soul sleep".....I believe because of "Eternity",being outside of TIME......it will be like going to bed & waking up in a new Glorified Body,a spirit body    we will be as Christ is

The Bible tells us in Luke 16:22 that Lazarus was "carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom." Clearly this was not soul sleep as some false cults and prophets teach. Only a fool would claim that Jesus was telling a parable that isn't true in Luke 16:19-31. If it were merely a parable, then the Lord would be guilty of raising false hopes and misleading us concerning what occurs after death. In John 14:2 Jesus plainly stated, “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” Jesus said what He meant, and meant what He said. If Jesus taught that Lazarus (a literal name) was carried by angels to his heavenly abode, then you can rest assure that we can expect the same. Amen!

Welcome to Worthy Julie                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Kwikphilly, I think you are close. It is difficult for us to know precisely how it all takes place, we only have clues here and there which e must harmonize. Just as when we sleep in bed at night, we are totally unaware of time passing. One instant we are asleep, and not even aware we have actually gone to sleep, the next instant we are awake. Death I believe is like that. One instant we cease all activity and thought in as much as this world is concerned, the next, we are awakened and find ourselves rising from the earth and being carried to our heavenly mansions.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes. Instantly. In the blink of an eye.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/09/2016 at 6:49 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Julie

Although the particulars are all speculation I do tend to believe as you do.....this may sound a little like a sci-fi movie but I always incorporate the fact that in "Eternity" we will one day be as Christ is in Heaven.....no longer bound by space & time......I believe that it is possible to "awaken" to Jesus Loving Embrace when the dead in Christ are Risen and caught up......because we will transfer into an Eternal state I don't think we will be aware of "how long" we KNEW NOT or for lack of a better word," we slept"  In a moment we pass from here & suddenly we are being "caught up"....even though in this "realm" we may have died & knew nothing for hundreds of years.............that's my concept,everything I read in the Scriptures leads me to believe the "dead"(physically )know nothing from the grave,I do think as fully "spirit" it may be very much like when we are asleep......like a dream state or something to that effect.....far beyond anything we can think or imagine with our finite minds......we are looking at the transition from  finite to INFINITE....W O W!!!!!!!!

So don't get me wrong,,I do not t really believe in "soul sleep".....I believe because of "Eternity",being outside of TIME......it will be like going to bed & waking up in a new Glorified Body,a spirit body    we will be as Christ is

Welcome to Worthy Julie                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

I think that's a really good answer Kwikphilly.  I agree. 

We are not aware of time ticking when we are dead, we know nothing.  When we are awoken, I guess it will just seem as if we took a nap, or blinked an eye.  We will recall our last moments clearly as if it was a second ago, ..maybe we won't even know we've been dead?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 09/09/2016 at 7:37 AM, brakelite said:

How can one breathe when his body is turning into dust in the grave? In fact, how can one see, hear, speak, or even think when his body is corrupted? And it isn't just me who asked these questions....Psalms 6:5  For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
Ecclesiastes 9:5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6  Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. 10  Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

We do not have a soul that has its own personlaity and ability to communicate , feel, touch, taste, smell, without the body. Genesis clearly states that when "God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

Therefore we do not have a soul, we are a soul.

Hi brakelite.  Good scriptures there and nice reasoning.