• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, StanJ said:

@tigger398

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit means that you knowingly attribute the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil. The Pharisees came pretty close to doing this and Matthew 12:24, which is why Jesus warned them about it later in verses 31-32. From what I've read in your OP, you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. 

This just what it is.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

This just what it is.  

Matt. 12: 24, But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub2 the prince of the devils.

Matt. 12:  31, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

V. 32, And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

18 hours ago, Beebert said:

Well the thing is that I have been unrepentant so much that it is like I have injured ny consciense. I do not feel drawn to Christ I Only feel despair and wanting to be with him. He told me to repent 1.5 years ago but I was too much a coward and made up an excuse and went in to the relationship instead and now I feel so horrible and scared and like I am Only going to wait for hell. I guess that if God's will before was for me to end it with her it still is right? But I can't hear him. It is like praying to empty space... What can I do? :(

You want to be with him but don't feel drawn to him? That seems contradictory.

If you feel it's God's will to break off this relationship, then maybe you should. Just start doing things you know God wants you to do. Build the habit in your life of follow His will. Read and pray daily. Connect with a good local church. Sometimes the world deadens us to the things of God. Cast that aside and start actively thinking, reading, praying about God and Godly things each day. Over time you'll begin to feel renewed.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes but seriously. How shall I ever handle passages like Hebrew 6, 10, and like every single parable by Jesus? It all condemns me. I KNOW I was ENLIGHTENED... I mean, I realized Christ was true but fell away and went my own way anyway... And now it is like I have lost my power and life Energy. I feel like dirt and weak and I will destroy the life of this girl if I break up... It is like I dont know the Will of God anymore... I know it WAS that I should break up with ger. Does that mean it still is his will?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

12 hours ago, Beebert said:

Yes but seriously. How shall I ever handle passages like Hebrew 6, 10, and like every single parable by Jesus? It all condemns me. I KNOW I was ENLIGHTENED... I mean, I realized Christ was true but fell away and went my own way anyway... And now it is like I have lost my power and life Energy. I feel like dirt and weak and I will destroy the life of this girl if I break up... It is like I dont know the Will of God anymore... I know it WAS that I should break up with ger. Does that mean it still is his will?

The fact that you are concerned about this issue shows that you still have the Holy Spirit. Being conscientious or aware at what you doing means that you aren't dead spiritually otherwise you would feel nothing and you wouldn't be here asking. Just take Hebrews 11:6 to heart and believe it. Sometimes we have to prove to ourselves that we are committed. But always remember that God IS faithful.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 9/8/2016 at 2:39 AM, StanJ said:

you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit. 

correct--- sinning is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit-- Denying the Deity of Christ is

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

correct--- sinning is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit-- Denying the Deity of Christ is

Nope.... read the first part of Matthew 12:32..."Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, StanJ said:

Nope.... read the first part

should have clarified this-- A Ministry of the Holy Spirit is to proclaim Christ as God-- attributing his miracles to Satan is denying his deity. Thats what I meant by denying the deity of Christ- because when you do, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

20 hours ago, Beebert said:

I assume you're referring to things like this:

Hebrews 10:26-27 -- If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Notice the word "deliberately" there. My understanding is that it's talking about people who not just sin (because we all still sin), but people who do so willfully, consistently, and unrepentant. In other words, people who have no desire to change or stop sinning, no desire to live differently. Does that sound like you? Because you came online and made a giant post about how worried you are, about how convicted in your heart you are of being sinful. That doesn't sound like someone who's heart is cold and calloused and doesn't care if they keep sinning, does it?

I cannot tell you that it's God's will for you to break up with her. I can't know that. You must seek him on that front. I'll tell you this much, though; God's will often calls us to do things that don't seem to make sense to us. You say you're worried about "destroying the life" of her if you break up with her. Sometimes it's God's will for us to do things that may not end pretty. We must do what God wants us to do, and trust him to take care of the rest.

The Bible recognizes three relationship statuses; unmarried, engaged, and married. People forget that this concept of "boyfriend and girlfriend" and "dating" are relatively new. The Bible's purpose for marriage is procreation, sanctification, and glorification. Marriage is a picture of God's relationship with the church. Marriage brings forth children who we are to raise to be strong Christians. So you need to ask yourself if this girl is someone who can fulfill that. Is she a strong Christian young woman? Is she sold out for Christ? Does she want children and plan to raise them up to be strong Christians themselves? Does she believe in and accept the Biblical picture of marriage, including the roles of husbands and wives in relationship with each other? If not, then the Bible makes it very clear that a Christian man is not to be involved romantically with her, period. If you turn and follow Christ, you are not to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever.

3 hours ago, woundeddog said:

should have clarified this-- A Ministry of the Holy Spirit is to proclaim Christ as God-- attributing his miracles to Satan is denying his deity. Thats what I meant by denying the deity of Christ- because when you do, you are calling the Holy Spirit a liar

I understand, but to deny the deity is just the same as speaking against the Son of God and it is not an unforgivable sin, as Jesus said so himself. What he said was blaspheming the Holy Spirit was, and he said it in conjunction with the Pharisees claiming that He healed people by the power of the devil. Now he didn't say they had done so which means they didn't really know that it was the Holy Spirit, but they were just grasping at straws by saying that He was doing the healing work by the devil. This also shows a clear demarcation as to the responsibilities, if you will, of the Trinity.

Edited by StanJ