IGNORED

Our mortal enemy has deceived the church with many lies!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

First, let’s review what Scripture teaches about Satan

“the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world” (Revelation 12:9)

“there is no truth in him ... he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44)

“the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19)

“the god of this world” (2 Corinthians 4:4)

“the ruler of this world” (John 12:31)

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks

about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8)

Satan has convinced the church that many Scriptures are NOT true!

Here are Scripture rebuttals to some of Satan’s lies …

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to overcome your sinning

• “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23)

• “For if you live according to the flesh you will die” (Romans 8:13)

• “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be

My son. But (… examples of sinners …) and all liars shall have their part in the lake

that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)

“For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption,

but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:8)

For to be carnally-minded is death, but to be spiritually-minded is life and peace.” (Romans 8:6)

Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown

brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:15-16)   

reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:7)

Is “ungodly” the right term for believers who sin regularly, or shall we call them “godly”?

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to continually repent of your sins

“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness,

but is longsuffering toward us (Christians), not willing that any (of us) should perish

but that all (of us) should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

“I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you … because the pain caused you to

repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have,

so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to

experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for

that kind of sorrow.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT)

“But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son

cleanses us from all sin … IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us

of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:7-9)

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to prove that you love Jesus by obeying His commandments

• “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14:15)

• “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.” (John 14:21)

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,

and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:23)

“He who does not love Me does not keep My words …” (John 14:24)

• “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.” (Hebrews 5:9)

And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 

So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.” (Hebrews 3:18-19)

Yes, “to not obey is to not believe” -- see the examples of not obeying: sinning (3:17), rebelling (3:16),

hardening of the heart (3:15), not remaining faithful (3:14), sinning (3:13), evil heart of unbelief (3:12).

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to maintain your righteousness (i.e. practice righteousness)

• “And they (Zach and Liz) were both righteous before God,

walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:6)

Notice above that even people who are NOT born-again can live righteously.

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

“… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)
“… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Notice above that “the children of the devil” do NOT practice righteousness!

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to prepare for going through the great tribulation

I have an article with 25 verses proving the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine is false.

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to be progressively sanctified unto holiness

“… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14)

“… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness” (Romans 6:19)

… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit,

perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Satan’s lie: You do NOT need to have a personal relationship with Father God and Jesus

• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,

but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,

‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,

and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,

‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23)

• “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish …” (John 10:27-28)

• “I know My sheep, and am known by My own.” (John 10:14)

• “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God,

and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” (John 17:3)

Satan’s lie: The spiritual power gifts were not needed after the Canon was available

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 does NOT refer to the time when the Bible is available.

IMO, almost all of the older denominations have now retracted from their long-held position.

And the newer Bible translations have corrected the long-held misunderstanding of the KJV.

1 Cor 13:10

KJV “But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.”

NASB “but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.”

NIV “but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.”

NLT “But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.”

NCV “But when perfection comes, the things that are not perfect will end.”

TLB “But when we have been made perfect and complete, then the need for

these inadequate special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear.”

I am being too gracious, if I give Satan all the credit for the condition of the churches!

For those in charge of the churches have been extremely lax in shepherding God’s sheep.

The reasons for their many failures might be obvious to you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

We do need to practice righteousness.  I dont believe in a pretrib either.  

Once again: Scripture tells us that we will be delivered from the wrath to come, that God's wrath spans the whole Tribulation, and that Jesus' blood is sufficient to pay for our sin without any further "qualifier" or need for "cleansing" or "purification".

Thinking that we're going into the Tribulation seems to come across as one of three things:

1) It's some sort of "Great Adventure" and we'll be protected somehow (despite the fact that scripture states that the Antichrist would "overcome" believers.

2) Jesus' blood wasn't enough and they need to be "purified" (if that were the case, then how could our own blood even suffice as half when it wouldn't do at all to begin with).

3) They'll get a "better reward" or "brownie points with the Lord" if they do (Our works will be tested "by fire" when we stand before Him, per Scripture. How well do you think they would stand up if they're done for our own glory instead of His?)

One other problem: if the tribulation is to "purify" the Church, then what of those who died before then? Not just the ones during times of hardship, but what about believers who died in recent decades, who loved the Lord and didn't exactly "suffer" in grievous times? Does that mean their salvation is nil or incomplete? Or does God resurrect them so they can go through the Tribulation, even though we "die once"?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Judas Machabeus

Before the reformation there were two churches. The Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.

before Luther died the Protestant churches were  already fighting amongst them selves and dividing. The opposite of what scripture calls for. Scripture calls for unity, instead we have even more division than during Luthers time. 

I think Satans greats lie was the one he told Luther.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/11/2016 at 3:42 PM, RobertS said:

Once again: Scripture tells us that we will be delivered from the wrath to come, that God's wrath spans the whole Tribulation, and that Jesus' blood is sufficient to pay for our sin without any further "qualifier" or need for "cleansing" or "purification".

Thinking that we're going into the Tribulation seems to come across as one of three things:

1) It's some sort of "Great Adventure" and we'll be protected somehow (despite the fact that scripture states that the Antichrist would "overcome" believers.

2) Jesus' blood wasn't enough and they need to be "purified" (if that were the case, then how could our own blood even suffice as half when it wouldn't do at all to begin with).

3) They'll get a "better reward" or "brownie points with the Lord" if they do (Our works will be tested "by fire" when we stand before Him, per Scripture. How well do you think they would stand up if they're done for our own glory instead of His?)

One other problem: if the tribulation is to "purify" the Church, then what of those who died before then? Not just the ones during times of hardship, but what about believers who died in recent decades, who loved the Lord and didn't exactly "suffer" in grievous times? Does that mean their salvation is nil or incomplete? Or does God resurrect them so they can go through the Tribulation, even though we "die once"?

I agree. I do believe in pre trib.  I believe our sins have already been judged.  Our sins are under the blood.  The tribulation is God's judgement on the world for it's sin.  To go through the tribulation for the believer is like double jeopardy.  We are not going to be judged for our sins again.  

This is just my opinion.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

This is just my opinion.

pretty good opinion-- I say "well said"

another one of Satans tricks is to take scripture out of context to confuse.

If the Blood is not enough to keep the believer right with God, we need a more powerful savior-- since there isnt one--- we are all hopelessly lost

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

two churches

political Churches -- had nothing to do with how God interacts with sinners---- there has always been the Remnant Church that lives outside of formal "High Church" tradition,  Luther sure was not perfect, but Many People are in Heaven now because of what God- not Satan revealed to him~~~~~( I am not a Lutheran)

Edited by woundeddog

Guest Judas Machabeus
20 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

political Churches -- had nothing to do with how God interacts with sinners---- there has always been the Remnant Church that lives outside of formal "High Church" tradition,  Luther sure was not perfect, but Many People are in Heaven now because of what God- not Satan revealed to him~~~~~( I am not a Lutheran)

I am fully aware that your view will be the norm on this site. 

And mine will be rejected followed by a long list of why the Catholic Church is wrong. 

The historical facts are just that. Revisionist history can reject it all it wants but truth is truth. 

7 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Revisionist history can reject it all it wants but truth is truth.

truth is , sadly, Roman Catholic Doctrine does not square with Bible teaching, and without the dependence on oral tradition the RC church does not have a leg to stand on