IGNORED

Our mortal enemy has deceived the church with many lies!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

53 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

pretty good opinion-- I say "well said"

Thanks!

Guest Judas Machabeus

I can say the same about Protestantism. Before the reformation all the docterines that they hold to did not exists. 

Luther created a new faith and religion. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

The Key To Salvation And Sanctification

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

Is Found In Jesus Christ

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

By God

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

4 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

a new faith

Actually, I think that happened when Jesus taught Paul in the Wilderness--- Luther just saw what The Holy Spirit lead Paul to write,

and it wasnt just Luther- The Holy Spirit directed men all over Europe around the same time-- it was true revival-- getting back to basics of the faith

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

21 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Luther created a new faith....
and religion....

A

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (King James Bible)

New

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (King James Bible)

Way....

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6(King James Bible)

Or, Is It???

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:41-34 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Guest Judas Machabeus
41 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Actually, I think that happened when Jesus taught Paul in the Wilderness--- Luther just saw what The Holy Spirit lead Paul to write,

and it wasnt just Luther- The Holy Spirit directed men all over Europe around the same time-- it was true revival-- getting back to basics of the faith

Here's my problem with that;

John 14:26

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, * and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 16:13

13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the close of the age." 

So we see the Holy Spirit will guide His Church in truth and this will continue to the "close of the age".  We are also told in Mathew that the gates of hell will not prevail against Christ Church. So where was Christ Church and the Holy Spirit for the first 1500 years? And why is there no Protestant theology taught in that 1500 years?

50 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

So where was Christ Church and the Holy Spirit for the first 1500

this may not sit well with you, I know it bothers many of my RC friends- but the Church the Bible talks about is the Ecelesia (sp?) its the called out body of believers. It is not the Organization known as the Church Of Rome. There have been true believers always- those that knew their standing with God was based on the fact that they had faith in the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

50 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

18 And Jesus came and said to them, " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the close of the age." 

you quote the perfect verse- the Authority was given to Christ- not the RC church-- I know I know " your name is Peter and on this rock I will build my church"   in the original language that was literally "your name is Peter-( you are a little stone), but on this ROCK ( meaning Jesus himself) I will build my church.

I am not saying that there are not saved people in the RC Church, or that before the major reformation all church leaders and pastors where heretics, but what I am saying is that in my counseling experience  when talking to a frighteningly large number of R Catholics when I ask them " What are you going to say to God when he asks __Why should I let you into my heaven" they say something like- I'll say I was a Catholic all my life, I was baptized, and took the Eucharist and went to confession---etc  they parrot all the standard Catholic practices which are not based on faith in Jesus work on the cross for them, but are based on what the RC Church says they have to do to be a good catholics----- works always send to hell--- faith in Jesus shed blood always sends to heaven. So I do get vexed with the Organization known as the Roman Catholic Church. and to top it off many have no assurance that they will even get into heaven. Why in the world would anyone trust their eternity to such a flawed system when the  BIBLE SAYS YOU MAY KNOW YOU HAVE ETRENAL LIFE and the RC church says you cant know. When my Mother in law passed I did part of the eulogy and the Priest ( she was catholic) explicitly came over to tell me not to say " We know Mable is with the Lord"== because he said no one knows---- so tell me--- what is the use of a "church" that can not tell you in advance where you are going or how to be sure to get there???

Edited by woundeddog

Guest Judas Machabeus

Woundeddog, 

:) I have bad news for you but you could not be MORE wrong one this point

"...you quote the perfect verse- the Authority was given to Christ- not the RC church-- I know I know " your name is Peter and on this rock I will build my church"   in the original language that was literally "your name is Peter-( you are a little stone), but on this ROCK ( meaning Jesus himself) I will build my church...."

You see Jesus never talked Greek and therefore never used pertros and Petra . He called him Cephas. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
32 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

so tell me--- what is the use of a "church" that can not tell you in advance where you are going or how to be sure to get there???

I'm not dodging this. It's a huge subject to undertake in this thread. The topic of once saved always saved comes up here from time to time and I'm sure our paths will cross there. 

i have very much enjoyed our exchange. 

8 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You see Jesus never talked Greek and therefore never used pertros and Petra . He called him Cephas.

oh boy, here we go-- the trouble with that assertion is that Jesus , did not speak greek---- but the recorders of the early manuscripts did- and they understood the meaning of what was said- so they made the differentiation between pepple and rock---- these guys are the same people that the RC Church traces its lineage to-- so your earlier comment that protestant doctrine did not exist 1500 years ago becomes invalid- because traditionally from the start- the early teaches knew there was a difference-- the logical outcome is that this points to Church tradition showing Peter the first pope as being incorrect, unless of course a person holds to the belief that church tradition is not what to base doctrine on---- then you are back to solo scriptura and you have to look at the rest of traditional man inspired doctrine as doubtful teaching.