ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Setting back race relations by decades, now black groups are demanding to have segregated housing on college campuses. One campus caved in. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/6/cal-state-university-la-offers-segregated-housing-/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

ironic, last century they were fighting to get away from that, now they want it back....this is what happens when you give people a cause without goals....a mission with no end game....you get a battle with no victory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

8 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

ironic, last century they were fighting to get away from that, now they want it back....this is what happens when you give people a cause without goals....a mission with no end game....you get a battle with no victory.

Excellent point about the end game.

I wonder if the end game is just to create the chaos, and see where it leads?

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Excellent point about the end game.

I wonder if the end game is just to create the chaos, and see where it leads?

Blessings,

-Ed

It seems like the battle is an end unto itself.  That's how it is with people like Sharpton and Jackson.  They fight but they never do enough to win.  They give the appearance of fighting for civil rights, but if they ever got exactly what they claim they want, they'd be out of a job.  So, they burn the candle at both ends.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It seems like the battle is an end unto itself.  That's how it is with people like Sharpton and Jackson.  They fight but they never do enough to win.  They give the appearance of fighting for civil rights, but if they ever got exactly what they claim they want, they'd be out of a job.  So, they burn the candle at both ends.

We moved from Pennsylvania to North Carolina when I was a kid (pre-1964 civil rights act), so I remember seeing the "whites only" drinking fountains and attending a segregated public elementary school.  I only bring that up to say that we as a nation had made tremendous strides toward racial equality - even during my lifetime.  

Will we ever achieve perfection in this area?  No - of course not, since racial bigotry and hatred is a sin and a result of the fall.  Perfection will only come after The Lord returns and establishes His Kingdom.  But - our nation WAS making progress.

Notice I stated "was".

After Obama's election in 2008, I had hoped that the election of a black man would FINALLY heal the remaining racial divide.  After all, if the elevation of such a man to the highest office in the land didn't prove "color blindness", then what could?  MLK's dream may finally become a reality.

Well, it hasn't worked out that way.  In conversations I've had, more than one has said to me they believe race relations are actually worse now than they were eight years ago.  Sad.

An opportunity missed - perhaps never to be realized.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

A while back I saw something on the life cycle of a special interest which basically showed how a special interest starts out with a core important cause and as it attains success is forced to pursue increasingly marginal new issues in order to justify it's existence to the point of where it's demands become unreasonable and instead eventually marking the end of the special interest.

While I don't view the basic civil rights cause to be a "special interest" is the term has grown to include negative connotations but I do believe this shows signs of that life cycle.  I recently hear an African American person speak to this very issue on college campuses and say that when you are part of the minority culture, sometimes you just need a break.  While as a Christian I am sorry about that, I do think when it gets to that point the movement has to define what is the end we are trying to acheive as someone else has mentioned.

Edited by shoes_untied
Clearer wording