• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Tyler47 said:

Is there anyone out there who has struggled with gluttony and weight loss but eventually overcame it?  I could really use some one on one encouragement/advice.  Years of failure is taking its toll on my faith on this issue and its starting to show in my life.  Thanks in advance.

No, I never have, but I can suggest a remedy. Ask your wife (if you are married) to place a reasonable serving of each item on your plate, and to stop you from going back for seconds. In other words, you are BARRED from helping yourself!;)

If you are not married but eat with others, chose one of them to do the same thing.  And there can be no snacking in between -- just breakfast, lunch, and supper.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Active sex??? :24: You crack me up. A male can lose 100 calories per the sex act. Women 69 calories.So if you want to lose 500 calories :huh:

It's not the calories, but the huge hormone dumps that makes the difference....     and besides that it makes for some very happy dieters.

8 hours ago, Tyler47 said:

I am at that point.  I am so angry with myself for my struggles.  I have lost up to 50 pounds multiple times over the past few years.  I have had success and I know exactly what to do and how to do it.  I almost feel like Peter walking on water when I lose that much weight, but then I take my eyes off of Jesus.  And I do it EVERY time.  Its not the physical part of the challenge that I fail at..  Its the mental/spiritual part, and that is why I beat myself up so bad about it.

it's not that difficult to loose weight if you just set your mind to it......   but if you are going to keep it off, you have to change your lifestyle.    I am a stress eater and that is what I have to watch....   it's really easy for me to loose weight short term, so I have to catch myself saying "Oh, it's ok to eat that, you can just do without next week.    That is what was hard for me.....     maybe after some things happening between now and middle December I may take on loosing another 70 pounds....    I'm 6'3'' and really need to get a bit below 200 if I'm going to live to 100....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

No, I never have, but I can suggest a remedy. Ask your wife (if you are married) to place a reasonable serving of each item on your plate, and to stop you from going back for seconds. In other words, you are BARRED from helping yourself!;)

If you are not married but eat with others, chose one of them to do the same thing.  And there can be no snacking in between -- just breakfast, lunch, and supper.

Two life style changes that I have made that takes weight off is no soda pop with sugar and not snacking at night.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

20 hours ago, other one said:

Much of my eating was healthy frozen dinners for they have a wide selection of food types and no preservatives......   and you can count calories easily.   I could eat three of them a day and not get hungry and stay at about 1000 calories a day.

Do you happen to remember some of the brands of those dinners? I haven't looked beyond the frozen veggies section in years and have no idea which ones would be good/better choices. I'm working some long days currently and don't have time to cook the way I'd like. I could really use some suggestions because I'm getting burned out on sandwiches and am trying to stay away from the fast food stuff.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

I would like to thank everyone for your friendly advice.  I have prayed about this and God is restoring my confidence.  I have a meal plan set up and will be tracking my exercise/calorie intake.  But most importantly, I'll be praying.  

Thanks Everyone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Tyler  , don't be hard on yourself , you can achieve this , God's on your side , he wants you healthy .

Praying

15 hours ago, walla299 said:

Do you happen to remember some of the brands of those dinners? I haven't looked beyond the frozen veggies section in years and have no idea which ones would be good/better choices. I'm working some long days currently and don't have time to cook the way I'd like. I could really use some suggestions because I'm getting burned out on sandwiches and am trying to stay away from the fast food stuff.

Lean Cuisine Healthy Choice  Smart ones and Amy's come to mind.  There are a couple of others.

Stouffer's taste better, but are higher in calories, not exactly diet stuff but good for maintaining.  What helps for me is they keep me from over eating....  keeping your stomach smaller and eating less is critical.

Don't' pass up the occasion of using carry out boxes from those really good restaurants.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

9 hours ago, other one said:

Lean Cuisine Healthy Choice  Smart ones and Amy's come to mind.  There are a couple of others.

Stouffer's taste better, but are higher in calories, not exactly diet stuff but good for maintaining.  What helps for me is they keep me from over eating....  keeping your stomach smaller and eating less is critical.

Don't' pass up the occasion of using carry out boxes from those really good restaurants.

Thanks. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I haven't personally struggled with it, but have known people close to me who have struggled with this, and what helped them sustain the weight loss, wasn't just diet and exercise, but they had to give to God, what it was that caused them to cling to food for comfort. To look to food as more than what it's designed for. To make that shift to viewing food as fuel, and once they got to the heart of that, they started making better eating decisions. I will be praying for you! ((hug))