what do i do when nothings working with the relationship

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm only 15 years old, and Im overwhelmed with the idea that I can go to hell now that I feel responsible for my actions. I've tryed everything I can to connect with god, and that good, holy feeling stays for a while but quickly fades. I read my bible, pray and try to do good deeds, but I'm still being pushed back. I don't know what I'm missing, but i have a feeling that its me not doing something correct. I'm not sure what it is, but now I'm uncertain if god is even there wanting me to stay with him and if jesus was 100% true. Im learning in school that christianity is just another one out of thousands of religions. I just dont know what to do. Somebody please help I dont have anyone else to communicate with. If anybody has any testimony stories or personal accomplishments through him Id love to hear it:)

Edited by Brees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/12/2016 at 8:57 PM, Brees said:

I'm only 15 years old, and Im overwhelmed with the idea that I can go to hell now that I feel responsible for my actions. I've tryed everything I can to connect with god, and that good, holy feeling stays for a while but quickly fades. I read my bible, pray and try to do good deeds, but I'm still being pushed back. I don't know what I'm missing, but i have a feeling that its me not doing something correct. I'm not sure what it is, but now I'm uncertain if god is even there wanting me to stay with him and if jesus was 100% true. Im learning in school that christianity is just another one out of thousands of religions. I just dont know what to do. Somebody please help I dont have anyone else to communicate with. If anybody has any testimony stories or personal accomplishments through him Id love to hear it:)

Hi Breese,

First off what your learning in school is wrong.  Christianity is a relationship with God.  religion is mans attempt to reach God by doing good deeds.  That is never going to work.  Christianity is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  

It is not what you do it is what Jesus did on the Cross.  It is His finished work that gives us that standing with God.  

Jesus desires to be the Lord and Savior of your life.  Have you made that commitment to Him?  Have you asked Him to be your personal Lord and Savior?  Do you believe that He is the one and only Son of God?  Do you believe He died on a cross and then rose again three days later to pay for your sins, that the judgement that you deserve was put on Him?

There are not enough good deeds that you can do to get you to Heaven.  Only by the shed blood of Christ will you ever get to Heaven.  When you turn your life over to Him and ask Him to forgive you of your sins will Heaven be your eternal home.

You said your reading your Bible.  Great... I would start in the book of John.  Get into a good solid Bible believing Church.  Get into a good Bible Study and most of all pray.  

I"m glad your here.  Come by often. Ask questions and we will be glad to answer them.  We also have a chat room where you can visit and speak to us one on one.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL