artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Here are some videos concerning the problems at Standing Rock.  God has laid this on my heart and put love in my heart for these poor, downtrodden people.  I hope you will find  in your heart to understand their plight and pray for the indigenous people in North America.

http://linknotallowed.com   

Edited by Omegaman 3.0 

If you want to comment with information you learn from other sites, feel free. Do not assume that you can just post links to other sites. Be cautious however, in quoting copyrighted material.Best if you just state facts and your opinion or point. This is a forum, discussion it encouraged, but it is not really designed to be a link sharing site.

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
unapproved link to outside site with questionable advertising and promotions.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

This could be interesting thread, not as if there is any bias in the reporting in the video or anything, lol. By the way artsylady, you might want to look into the "Famous last words" in your signature, to see if there is any good historical documentation from reliable sources as to their veracity.

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

This could be interesting thread, not as if there is any bias in the reporting in the video or anything, lol. By the way artsylady, you might want to look into the "Famous last words" in your signature, to see if there is any good historical documentation from reliable sources as to their veracity.

Actually when I talked with atheists here years ago, my list of quotes was larger.  I pared it down way back then due to being unable to prove some of the quotes. 

Yes, this could be an interesting thread!   Even a few weeks back I was hard pressed to find anything about this in the mainstream media at all.  Most of how I am learning is because i joined a few facebook pages to stand up with Standing Rock.  Its quite obvious that, sadly, native rights don't even matter enough to get into the news, even though this is the largest group of natives gathered together in more than 100 years as an act of solidarity.  

Anyway, I guess people, if they care, can look up the protestors (they call themselves protectors, actually which is more accurate)

I find the whole thing heartbreaking that no one cares if the aboriginals rights are being stripped away again, as we speak!  ....even though they've already suffered so much.   They're asking for our help and support and they are not getting it.  I find myself in tears about the whole thing at times watching some of the videos I can't post here but it also almost seems a lot of Christians don't care....   judging by responses here.   If that's true, that's even a sadder fact.  :(   And they'll know we are Christians by our love.  :(   Where is it? 

Kind of a coincidence ('God's way of being anonymous'?) but I just saw this posted on a Christian friend's facebook.  I hope it's allowed.  Pretty interesting.  When I was here in the spring, while Trump was being considered as a republican candidate, I was saying that it was obviously the media wanted him chosen as one.

Edit: Video removed, off topic, please keep your threads on topic, that fact that the media concentrates on Trump (because Hillary is avoiding the media) is interesting, but has nothing to do with Standing Rock.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

53 minutes ago, artsylady said:

Kind of a coincidence ('God's way of being anonymous'?) but I just saw this posted on a Christian friend's facebook.  I hope it's allowed.  Pretty interesting.  When I was here in the spring, while Trump was being considered as a republican candidate, I was saying that it was obviously the media that wanted him chosen as one.

I thought this thread was to be about the Native pipeline protests and them being attacked by security dogs? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Problem with this is that it's the democrats that is making this happen......      They are the ones responsible for Trump being on the news all the time.....    Hillary doesn't have anything that she has done that is really good so they (the Democrats) just want to put trump down for that's really all the stragety that they have.....   making Trump look now qualified to be president.....

As for Bernie, the hacked emails made it clear that it was the Democratic party that set the tone for Bernie.....  even when Bernie got the votes, he didn't get the electors to the convention.   That wasn't the fault of the News Media, and no matter how much coverage Bernie got he still could not have won the primary for they had the election stacked against him from the start.

I do agree that the News Media has a lot to do with who gets the coverage, but look now and even though Trump gets all the coverage he's still very close to winning in the polls.......   and that's because Hillary has no positive thing to say in the news......   she avoids meeting with reporters for a multitude of reasons....  Trump is on the News so much for the Democrats give the media things to talk about concerning him, and while defending himself he gets in his positive points and turns it against them.

If/when Donald gets elected, it will be the Democratic parties actions that will have made the difference for all the news media I have watched except Fox News has been negative against Trump, but they have let him express his rebuttal to the Democratic put downs...  I think hoping to hav him say something that makes him look bad in some way.'

And Trump is smart enough to use their way of reporting to his advantage.......   occasionally saying something that keeps him in the news that he can later explain what he was saying in a different way to make more clear his stand on the subject.

And it's working.

But the thing with Bernie was set within the Democratic parties rules where no one but Hillary could win.   That had nothing to do with the News Media.  She would have won no matter how much time Bernie had received.   But should something happen to Hillary now, Bernie might get his chance anyway.     And the last time I checked the Merlin Project was still showing Bernie winning the election and they have been really accurate in the past.

Whatever the case, this has been one of the most interesting elections this 70 year old guy has seen.

1 hour ago, nebula said:

I thought this thread was to be about the Native pipeline protests and them being attacked by security dogs? 

It was but I wasn't allowed to post videos and then I think (or thought) Omegaman was maybe changing the topic to the media coverage.  I don't know.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, other one said:

Problem with this is that it's the democrats that is making this happen......      They are the ones responsible for Trump being on the news all the time.....    Hillary doesn't have anything that she has done that is really good so they (the Democrats) just want to put trump down for that's really all the stragety that they have.....   making Trump look now qualified to be president.....

As for Bernie, the hacked emails made it clear that it was the Democratic party that set the tone for Bernie.....  even when Bernie got the votes, he didn't get the electors to the convention.   That wasn't the fault of the News Media, and no matter how much coverage Bernie got he still could not have won the primary for they had the election stacked against him from the start.

I do agree that the News Media has a lot to do with who gets the coverage, but look now and even though Trump gets all the coverage he's still very close to winning in the polls.......   and that's because Hillary has no positive thing to say in the news......   she avoids meeting with reporters for a multitude of reasons....  Trump is on the News so much for the Democrats give the media things to talk about concerning him, and while defending himself he gets in his positive points and turns it against them.

If/when Donald gets elected, it will be the Democratic parties actions that will have made the difference for all the news media I have watched except Fox News has been negative against Trump, but they have let him express his rebuttal to the Democratic put downs...  I think hoping to hav him say something that makes him look bad in some way.'

And Trump is smart enough to use their way of reporting to his advantage.......   occasionally saying something that keeps him in the news that he can later explain what he was saying in a different way to make more clear his stand on the subject.

And it's working.

But the thing with Bernie was set within the Democratic parties rules where no one but Hillary could win.   That had nothing to do with the News Media.  She would have won no matter how much time Bernie had received.   But should something happen to Hillary now, Bernie might get his chance anyway.     And the last time I checked the Merlin Project was still showing Bernie winning the election and they have been really accurate in the past.

Whatever the case, this has been one of the most interesting elections this 70 year old guy has seen.

Wish I had more time.  I will have to try to read later.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Some guidelines, when you post a video, post A video, not a series of videos. Have comments relate directly to the video itself. The video is NOT about Trump, not about Democrats, not about the media etc. 

By all means if you want to discuss the plight of native Americans, start a thread on that topic. Want a thread about police tactics during protests, start a thread about that, etc. 

Posting a series of videos is a large burden on the staff here, we have to watch them all, and approve them, when we are already shorthanded just trying to monitor the text postings.

This is a discussion forum, not really a video hosting site. A way to get people to watch videos IF they are actually interested, just say in a post "to watch a video on this topic you can go to xyz.site, and search for videoname", but let the people go to the site on their own, as links in your post to other site, becomes another thing we have to supervise. This way it does not burden the worthy server with media files, nor busy our small staff with time consuming tasks. Also, consider that these sites (other sites) often have links and advertisments, and content that are outside of the guidelines for substance on this site. We do not want to promote material on other sites, that we would not allow on the site here.

Also, if you are concerned with causes like the mistreatment of others, consider making that a prayer request in the prayer area of this forum.