• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/18/2016 at 11:39 AM, eileenhat said:

You come to Jesus....
through Church structure.....
You are immature of the spirit at that juncture.... 

:thumbsup:

The LORD Jesus Calls And Calls And Calls And Calls

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 (New Living Translation)

“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Revelation 22:12-14 (New American Standard Bible)

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” Revelation 22:15-16 (New American Standard Bible)

The Holy Spirit Of The Living God Calls

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17 (New American Standard Bible)

The Bible, The Word Of God Calls

The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:63 (English Standard Version)

All God's Children Call

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 9 (New International Version)

Come Sinner

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18 (King James Bible)

Come

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3 (King James Bible)

~

And As For The Church

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. Ephesians 4:11-16 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Yowm said:

Does this include the anathemas at the Council of Trent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Trent

"Four hundred years later, when Pope John XXIII initiated preparations for the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), he affirmed the decrees it had issued: "What was, still is."[3]"

The use of the word anathema has evolved during the history of the Church, and today it means the same thing as excommunication. (The word anathema is no longer officially used.) Because a person must be a Catholic to be anathema (excommunicated) the term does not apply to Protestants.

It is also obvious you've never read Trent or Vatican II, for Vatican II did not use the term anathema in any of its documents.

Peace

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Yowm said:

Except they add works to the Gospel which says we are saved apart from works.

Lets see what Jesus Christ says about it: "What will it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith, but does not have works? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:14,26).

Now lets see what the Father of your Reformation Martin Luther had to say about it: "He that says the Gospel requires works for salvation, I say, flat and plain, is a liar" ("able Talk, Weimer Edition, II, p.137).

So you choosing Luther over Jesus Christ?

Peace

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Yowm said:

Maybe it's a little more obvious  you didn't read TRENT...Your spin on the word 'anathema' only strengthens my case.

I think not. Copy and pasteing canon law from the Council of Trent does not strengthen your case at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasen't the case you were trying to present is that the Catholic Church has changed it's Doctrines? F.Y.I. The Church cannot change its doctrines no matter how badly you may want it to or how loudly you claim it can or has. The doctrines of the Catholic Church are the deposit of faith revealed by Jesus Christ, taught by the apostles, and handed down in their entirety by the apostles to their successors. Since revealed truth cannot change, and since the deposit of faith is comprised of revealed truth, expressed in Scripture and Sacred Tradition, the deposit of faith cannot change.

Peace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone....

I have no idea what this Thread has spiraled off into but why don't we get back to the Topic instead of focusing on ONE DENOMINATION......The Council of Trent,interesting as it may be can be totally irrelevant depending on whether or not  the current pope adheres to these things from over 500 years ago & it is COMPLETELY OFF Topic,,,,,so lets get back on track!!!!

was curious to know what faith denomination those you here are.  I just thought it would be interesting to see all the different backgrounds y’all come from.  Please do not misunderstand; I’m by no means trying to be judgmental about your personal beliefs.  I have been reading a lot of posts from different people and it just got me to wondering what your doctrinal backgrounds are to help me get a better grasp on the lens thru which you view scripture.  A lot of times, people interpret scriptures based upon a particular denomination’s teachings. 

Personally,I am not of any denomination,I am United by Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is to the other members of His Body,the Church,His Family......I have a personal intimate RElationship with God in Christ,,,,,,,

AS far as what kind of weekly service I attend,,,,,,Well,I attend Calvary Chapel which is a non-denominational church AND I also attend a Pentacostal church named BibleWay Temple....I love both,Calvary provides good teaching & is pretty quiet in comparison to the Full Gospel "preaching",Hand Raisen church.......I have good fellowship through both of these churches & here on Worthy with my Brothers & Sisters in Christ,They can be anywhere & everywhere!!!!!!Glory to God

With love-ion Christ,Kwik

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Yowm said:

While  through the centuries of it's existence it has been the worst of the Church bodies when it comes to persecuting the Jews...

People that live in Glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Lets see what the Father of your Reformation has to say about the Jewish people.

From the web-site "Jewish Virtual Library":

"Luther used violent and vulgar language throughout his career. While we do not expect religious figures to use this sort of language in the modern world, but it was not uncommon in the early 16th century.

The following are excerpts from Luther's work entitled "The Jews & their Lies"

"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task,not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen."

"He did not call them Abraham's children, but a "brood of vipers" [Matt. 3:7]. Oh, that was too insulting for the noble blood and race of Israel, and they declared, "He has a demon' [Matt11:18]. Our Lord also calls them a "brood of vipers"; furthermore in John 8 [:39,44] he states: "If you were Abraham's children ye would do what Abraham did....You are of your father the devil. It was intolerable to them to hear that they were not Abraham's but the devil's children, nor can they bear to hear this today.

"Therefore the blind Jews are truly stupid fools... Now just behold these miserable, blind, and senseless people ... their blindness and arrogance are as solid as an iron mountain."

"Learn from this, dear Christian, what you are doing if you permit the blind Jews to mislead you. Then the saying will truly apply, "When a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit" [cf. Luke 6:39]. You cannot learn anything from them except how to misunderstand the divine commandments..

"Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them."

Just to quote a few.

And how about the Protestant antisemitism here in our own backyard. Ever hear of the Ku Klux Klan? The quiteria was for joining the Klan is..... one has to be 100% White, born in the U.S. and Protestant. The number one source of knowledge for the Ku Klux Klan is the Holy Bible. Members of the Klan believe in the literal truth of the Bible. One KKK member once wrote, "the Klansmen pins his faith to the Bible as the revealed will of GOD." In fact many active Klansmen were ordained Protestant ministers. In addition, the majority of the members belong to some Protestant church.

In the early 1980s, new religious fundamentalists used very similar rhetoric about Christian supremacy. The Reverend Bailey Smith, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention announces in 1980, "God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew." He continued by adding the fact that God can't possibly hear the prayer of someone who does not believe Jesus Christ is the true Messiah." Sounds familiar? (Martin Luther) The Klan was not only anti-Jew, but also took a stand against Catholics, Blacks, foreigners and organized labor.

So I suggest Yowm, before you start throwing stones, take a good hard look in your own backyard.

oh yes, that's because they see themselves as the New Israel replacing those they called 'Christ killers'.

The Catholic Church recognizes the great legacy and the ongoing importance of the Jewish people. In his address during his historic visit to the Great Synagogue of Rome April 13, 1986, Pope John Paul II said:

"…the Church of Christ discovers her ‘bond’ with Judaism by ‘searching into her own mystery.’ The Jewish religion is not ‘extrinsic’ to us, but in a certain way is ‘intrinsic’ to our own religion. With Judaism, therefore, we have a relationship which we do not have with any other religion. You are our dearly beloved brothers and, in a certain way, it could be said that you are our elder brothers." (Spiritual Pilgrimage, page 63).

Hmmmm.... Not seeing the part about "Christ Killers"

Peace

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Exactly. That is why we who hold to justification by faith alone are still anathema according to Trent...as well as a number of other reasons.

Not unless you are Catholic.   Are you?  :)

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

The first Church I attended as a first grader was Christian Missionary Alliance, then by mid primary school it was Baptist. Ive been to a few different denominations, however I don't have a home Church right now as my Baptist home church at the time changed leadership and it went into a new direction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Sis....

Was Christian Missionary Alliance non-denominational?I've not heard of that one,,,,,

I do understand about leadership changes,it can really be a biggie,,,,,,happened to my Pentacostal church,our Pastor & his wife were killed in a car accident & many of us went different ways,I've gone back though but as I said,I also go to Calvary now.......                         Love,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hey Sis....

Was Christian Missionary Alliance non-denominational?I've not heard of that one,,,,,

I do understand about leadership changes,it can really be a biggie,,,,,,happened to my Pentacostal church,our Pastor & his wife were killed in a car accident & many of us went different ways,I've gone back though but as I said,I also go to Calvary now.......                         Love,Kwik

Kwik, I don't know too much about CMA to be honest, I used to tag a long with my older sister. 

Oh that's terrible about your pastor and wife!! How sad.

That's a huge blow to a Church.

Edited by HisFirst