GoodFruit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know if I will ever do this but I've wantex to experience a mid night mass. Just once in my life - not to start an argument ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings to Everyone....

I have no idea what this Thread has spiraled off into but why don't we get back to the Topic instead of focusing on ONE DENOMINATION......The Council of Trent,interesting as it may be can be totally irrelevant depending on whether or not  the current pope adheres to these things from over 500 years ago & it is COMPLETELY OFF Topic,,,,,so lets get back on track!!!!

Personally,I am not of any denomination,I am United by Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is to the other members of His Body,the Church,His Family......I have a personal intimate RElationship with God in Christ,,,,,,,

AS far as what kind of weekly service I attend,,,,,,Well,I attend Calvary Chapel which is a non-denominational church AND I also attend a Pentacostal church named BibleWay Temple....I love both,Calvary provides good teaching & is pretty quiet in comparison to the Full Gospel "preaching",Hand Raisen church.......I have good fellowship through both of these churches & here on Worthy with my Brothers & Sisters in Christ,They can be anywhere & everywhere!!!!!!Glory to God

With love-ion Christ,Kwik

Amen

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Luther is not my father.

He is the Father of your Reformation, so in a scence, yes he is.

I don't follow Luther

You don't?  Don't you believe in the unbiblical doctrine of "Sola Scriptura"?  Or are you just one of those "Cafeteria Protestants"? Pick and choose what doctrines suites you.

Peace

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Yowm said:

Funny, I grew up in a R.C. neighborhood and not once did  someone share the Gospel with me.

Funny.... I grew up in a mostly Protestant/non-Catholic neighborhood and not once did someone share the Gospel with me.

My wife grew up in a R.C. Church and never heard the Gospel plainly taught.

Then she wasen't listening, plain and simple.

Maybe their idea of preaching the Gospel is by making 'converts' through infant baptism?

If this is your attempt at being funny.... keep your day job, for a Bob Hope you are not!

Peace

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:08 PM, missmuffet said:

I have worked with many, many Catholics. There is only one person that I can say I respected the fruit that they displayed in their life.

So what of the tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions Catholics that give of thier time and talents preforming acts of charity throughout the world? Guess where you work, it must be very isolated.

Peace

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Personally,I am not of any denomination,I am United by Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is to the other members of His Body,the Church,His Family......I have a personal intimate RElationship with God in Christ,,,,,,,

AS far as what kind of weekly service I attend,,,,,,Well,I attend Calvary Chapel which is a non-denominational church AND I also attend a Pentacostal church named BibleWay Temple....I love both,Calvary provides good teaching & is pretty quiet in comparison to the Full Gospel "preaching",Hand Raisen church.......I have good fellowship through both of these churches & here on Worthy with my Brothers & Sisters in Christ,They can be anywhere & everywhere!!!!!!Glory to God

With love-ion Christ,Kwik

I find this quite interesting. Of the differnt weekly services you attend, (Calvary Chapel, Bible Way Temple,ect.) with each teaching their own variation of the Truth, all supposedly guided by the Holy Spirit, how do you know which one is teaching the truth and which is not without some kind of authority?

Peace

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Only in the sense of being part of the One Body of Christ worldwide made up of born again believers whose faith and hope is in Christ alone.

You mean some sort of invisable church?

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Woman_At_The_Well said:

King James Bible Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Good works will certainly do nothing for us.

Then please explain these passages.

James 2:14-26:

14What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

15If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,

16and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

17So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18Indeed someone may say, “You have faith and I have works.” Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.

19You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.

20Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

22You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works.

23Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called “the friend of God.”l

24See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25And in the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route?m

26For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

So what of the tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions Catholics that give of thier time and talents preforming acts of charity throughout the world? Guess where you work, it must be very isolated.

Peace

But works alone will not get you to heaven.

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM, missmuffet said:

That is true. They have several beliefs that are not Biblical.

Care to give some examples?

While I'm waithing, I'll give you some unbiblical Protestants beliefs and practices.

1.The whole of the modern non-Catholic/Protestant Christian belief systems, that condone and embrace multiple faiths or gospels/salvation messages within their communities.

2.Modern Christian pastors standard practice of REmarrying divorced Christians previously joined by God in a Christian ceremony

3."The Sinners Prayer."

4.The Church of England's unscriptural addition to the Lord's Prayer from the KJV. "For is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory for now and forever and ever. Amen"

5.Some modern Christian church's objections to dancing and alcohol.

6."The Altar Call."Unbiblical. Nowhere in the Holy Scriptures does it describe or speak of an "Altar Call." (Does your church even have an altar?)

7.The common practice among most every modern Christian service to serve shots of "grape juice" for communion rather than wine as the Bible speaks of. again...unbiblical.

8.The unbiblical idea that "The Church is not needed" or the Church is "invisible" or "the Church is not an institution it's the "Body of Believers", (which is an unbiblical phrase all by itself).

9."Scripture interprets Scripture."

10. and the biggy: The "Bible Only" idea. AKA Sola Scriptura

Just to name a few

Does that put them in the category of a cult? I don't know

With all respect, you are right, you don't know. The Catholic Church is not a cult. A cult is defined as a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. The Catholic Church is a collective of approximately 1.2 billion people worldwide from variant cultures, while led by the Pope of Rome, remain with a conscience clause that allows from individual decision. Degrees of participation vary. A cult also involves a nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease or personal problem, yet no such exclusive claim is made, and the Catholic Church, historically, has provided financial support to scientists, and formed what is now the modern university or academic institution. A cult includes an obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing, yet the Catholic Church requires not such obsession. In a cult, the group of persons is exclusive, as opposed to inclusive, as with the Catholic Church, and while the cult shares an single specific esoteric interest, the Catholic Church embodies a variety of global interests.

Peace