• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

God knows whom He has regenerated...you don't. He brings us together around God's Word not man's traditions.

With all due respect Yowm, These ideas of yours are but a few hundred years old and are impossible for the Apostles to have taught. Jesus Himself said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other organizations. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

It is the Church the Holy Bible calls: "The church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth" 1 Tim 3:15. And the Church Our Lord promised to be with "until the end of the world" Matt 28:20.

Of the all the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Christ. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began with Martin Luther in 1517. (Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots, or offshoots of offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. (Search any encyclopedia under Pope and see this unbroken succession back to St Peter. This is unequaled by any institution in history.)

Peace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hoddie.....

I'm sorry some get Off Topic & focus only on battling anyone from the rcc...my sincere apologies,I can assure you that most of us will just get to know you ,listen a lot & see what fruits you bear,,,,as I do hope y ou will do the same,,,,you are most welcome here Sister,please know that

Back on Topic,about the "many" different denominations,,,,,may we do well not to have this Thread locked

how do you know which one is teaching the truth and which is not without some kind of authority?

Both teachings(preachings) are from the Holy Scriptures(KJV)& they do not contradict one another.....we have another THread going on about GRACE & TRUTH,different yet inseparable ad woorki0ng in tandom(by Ezra).....I think this is quite true & exactly what I see,,,,,,Calvary seems to focus on Grace & Bibleway on TRuth but they never oppose Scripture.....it is the Same Holy Spirit ,the Same Body of Christ,the SAme ONE TRUE LIVING WORD of God!!!

Peace,Joy & Love to you Hoddie,in Christ,Kwik

Blessings HisFirst

I understand you wanted to attend a "midnite mass",I've attended many in the past,I'm assuming you are talking about a rcc,as in Christmas Eve??? I've always enjoyed them,,,,take the best out of it & leave the rest if there is indeed anything that needs to be left-lol    There is nothing wrong w4ith visiting,I visit many churches & denominations with friends &/or Brothers & Sisters in Christ of various denominations    I can only tell you what I live by' It is not so much "what" you GET but WHO you bring with you and what you have to offer".....Be a Shining Light & always bring the LOve of Christ wherever y ou go,He does the rest!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hey Kwik,

Yes it was a thought to go to a midnight Christmas Eve mass. My father was Roman Catholic although not practising once an adult and he never "forced" any religious belief or atheism onto his kids - he allowed us to follow what we wished.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently Hoddie, you are taking turns to knit pick some of the threads that is not to your liking. Or perhaps, what your itchy ears truly wants to hear. You make it seem as if you are untouchable. Not one person is perfect. However, you seem to exalt yourself and for what???  Maybe there is something that is lacking from your own spiritual growth, so you are trying to justify every thread by scriptures only to back yourself up. Take the plank out of your own eye first before you start telling others about their relationship with the Lord. There is nothing wrong with charity giving. However, again it is not by good works period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If so, I would of continued being a Roman Catholic with a lot of religion and no RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE END.........

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Funny.... I grew up in a mostly Protestant/non-Catholic neighborhood and not once did someone share the Gospel with me.

Then she wasen't listening, plain and simple.

If this is your attempt at being funny.... keep your day job, for a Bob Hope you are not!

Peace

12 hours ago, Hoddie said:

So what of the tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions Catholics that give of thier time and talents preforming acts of charity throughout the world? Guess where you work, it must be very isolated.

Peace

12 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I find this quite interesting. Of the differnt weekly services you attend, (Calvary Chapel, Bible Way Temple,ect.) with each teaching their own variation of the Truth, all supposedly guided by the Holy Spirit, how do you know which one is teaching the truth and which is not without some kind of authority?

Peace

I find you to be quite sarcastic and disrespectful. If you want a friendly debate as you quoted in another thread, there is the controversial issue section. I guess you never read my thread about me converting from Roman Catholicism to Christianity. Moreover, you can pretty much debate alone.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The experience I have had in the past is that Catholics are very defensive about their religion and their beliefs.

I can respect that, but you must relize the reason we get defensive is because of all the untruths and the negativity of Catholicism thats being posted. For example when you posted on page ten of this thread:

I have worked with many, many Catholics. There is only one person that I can say I respected the fruit that they displayed in their life.

And on page eleven:

That is true. They have several beliefs that are not Biblical. Does that put them in the category of a cult? I don't know

Thats just on this thread.

I post something and then they post back with a defensive reply.

And we Catholics can appreciate non-Catholics wishing to discuss our faith. What we don't appreciate is posting untruths of our faith, and then calling 'foul' when we correct them on it either Scripturally or Doctrinally.

I do not want to go there. I have been in many "Catholic" debates on Worthy.

Neither do I, but I feel God is calling me to correct all the untruths being spread about His Church.

I am burned out. Sorry

Sorry to hear that. I will continue to pray for you.

Peace

What is going on here is what gets THreads shut down & members banned from participating in the Thread,,,,,this is a FRIENDLY reminder that this is unacce ptable,if anyone fee ls compelled to "re-act" then it is always best to P RAY & not reply .....Please,AGAIN.....back on Topic,this is the last time I will ask before I address this w4ith the other members of the MInistry Team......

We respond in LOVE,not tit for tat and we do not promote religion here & we do not debate one another,we discuss the issues at hand!!!!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing.

Had the Catholic Church been faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ and His apostles, we all would be Catholic. The sad fact is that the RCC incorporated a host of false doctrines and practices into itself, and therefore John Wycliffe and all the Reformers had to bring out the truth.

At the same time we need to distinguish between the VICTIMS of Catholicism (the rank and file) and the PERPETRATORS (the clergy and the hierarchy). Roman Catholics (by and large) are upstanding, moral people desiring to do what is right. But the teachings they have received are corrupt. Not only that -- their souls are in jeopardy because of those teachings.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I can respect that, but you must relize the reason we get defensive is because of all the untruths and the negativity of Catholicism thats being posted. For example when you posted on page ten of this thread:

And on page eleven:

Thats just on this thread.

And we Catholics can appreciate non-Catholics wishing to discuss our faith. What we don't appreciate is posting untruths of our faith, and then calling 'foul' when we correct them on it either Scripturally or Doctrinally.

Neither do I, but I feel God is calling me to correct all the untruths being spread about His Church.

Sorry to hear that. I will continue to pray for you.

Peace

So we have the battle of the Protestants and the Catholics? Is that necessary on a Christian message board? We will have to agree to disagree.

t