• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Curious idea said:

if I was raised in another religion, and not know about Christianity ? would I still be damned to hell for not knowing and being around Christian people, is this how it works,

People are bound for Hell for not knowing about Christianity. Hell was what they receive as a result of their sins. All people sin and so all are heading for Hell, unless they are rescued from the outcome of their own unrighteousness. When a person comes to Christ, that signifies that they have bnen rescued - that God has done a work in them and for them.

As you probably know, in the United States, the president has the authority to pardon those who are convicted of crimes. He does not have to give a reason for doing that, he answers to no one, he may pardon those he chooses to for his own reasons. Not every criminal gets such a pardon, in fact, few do. This is not unfair, as those who go to or remain in prison, are there because that is what their crimes deserve.

Those who do receive pardons, are spared the fate they deserve, and instead receive mercy that they do not deserve.

So it is with sinful mankind, and a sovereign God. He grants pardons to some, as He sees fit, while others get what they deserve. In the real world, people are raised in homes, where faith is not taught. Some are raised in cultures, where they will most likely, not enounter a Bible or a missionary etc. God is capable, of sending them a Bible, or a messenger, or even open their eyes, one on one, without them hearing the gospel as we think of it. Reports are that this happens. God does not have to answer to me, why some have the priviledge of hearing the gospel, or being born in a country or society where that is likely to happen. These choices belong to Him alone.

Read Romans chapter one, to see how God has revealed Himself to all, but many reject the knowledge they are given so He lets them go their own way, and choose not to worship Him, but worship other things instead, and so they continue in the sin that results in their eternal separation from Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Immediate judgement follows for each and every individual. This is where all eyes will see him and all mouths will give an answer for the works done in the body. 

This means that when a person dies they are presented before the judgement seat of Christ and are judged according to their faithfulness to the Son of God. Ignorance is not a valid plead in this heavenly courtroom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I posted this before 

The "judgement" seat of Christ is very different from the judgement at the Great White Throne Judgement.....if anyone find themselves standing before the Throne,well-I'm glad we who are in Christ will not have to stand there....................our judgement will also be for the good....it;s not a condemnation judgement

Dont be confused,everyone-not in Christ" will stand before the Throne of God,this is will not be a courtroom scenario where you get to plead your case or say "Gee,I didn't know,I'm sorry",,,,,,,if you find yourself in front of God Almighty come Judgement day,you are already made your own decision & know where you are going,,,,,,,THe Judgement seat of Christ is quite a different story,it is a very good day to stand on that line.......

I'm pretty sure Omegaman typed that wrong.....People are not bound for hell for not knowing about Christianity,they are going to hell because that is the result of their sin,,,,,,,it's not a matter of people NOT KNOWING,they know all too well & have chosen otherwise,,,,,,,Gods Word says that none will have an excuse.....

King James Bible
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

GodHead is Father,Son & Holy Spirit..........they will all be given opportunity to accept or reject Him                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The judgment seat of Christ or the Bema Seat judgment is very different than the Great white throne judgment. In the judgment seat of Christ believers will be judged on what they have done while in their body while on earth. They have been saved by the Blood of Christ. They will be going to heaven. There will be awards according to what they have done. Some will get many while some may not get any at all. One of the rewards will be a crown. The Bible tells us that the crowns will not be the only reward we will receive. Those going through the Great White Throne judgment will all go to hell. NO EXCEPTIONS. Although I do believe that the book of Revelation tells us that their will be different punishments in hell. But it is all bad...very,very bad.

Question: "What is the Judgment Seat of Christ / Bema Seat of Christ?"

Answer:
Romans 14:10–12 says, “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. . . . So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (ESV). Second Corinthians 5:10 tells us, “We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In context, it is clear that both passages refer to Christians, not unbelievers. The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ.

The judgment seat of Christ does not determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.

At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10. James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ: “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

https://gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Christ.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Php 1:21 WEB For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  Php 1:22  But if I live on in the flesh, this will bring fruit from my work; yet I don’t know what I will choose.  Php 1:23  But I am in a dilemma between the two, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.

There is no gain in our souls awaiting the resurrection in our stinking rotten putrid bodies in a cold box.  Paul is clearly speaking of his soul immediately being in Christ's presence upon death.  That is far better.  

The Old Testament saints who were looking for the Messiah went directly to Abraham's bosom in the place of the dead, hades.  He led a host of captives on high when He was resurrected and then ascended into heaven.  But since that time we who have the Holy Spirit in our hearts crying "Abba" Daddy, are assured that we have life in us now that will continue into the next life in the presence of God.