• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Actually here is another view .

Malachi 3:16-17
16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
17  And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Nobody can live forever without Jesus coming first to give life to the soul.

The OT saints all died in faith according to Hebrews 11. When they died they are in God's book of remembrance.

Then when the day come, he has and will raise them from the dead. Matthew 27:50-53

When Jesus came he gave life to those who serve him right and they go to heaven. They receive a new heavenly body 2Cor.5:1-8

Its about life and death. 

Your soul cannot live forever without Jesus because he gives life eternal.

Another verse to consider what Jesus said.

John 6:58
 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

They in the OT died, now Jesus said Thru him we can have life and not die like  the others did. Just consider the difference between the two groups.

Life and death

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 Peter 4:17
 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Judgment starts in the church, when we here the gospel and understand it, it will be used to measure us by our response to it. Living it or not.

Life or death

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

The "judgement" seat of Christ is very different from the judgement at the Great White Throne Judgement.....if anyone find themselves standing before the Throne,well-I'm glad we who are in Christ will not have to stand there....................our judgement will also be for the good....it;s not a condemnation judgement

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

On 9/16/2016 at 3:06 PM, wildflowerdreams said:

What happened when we die? Does our soul goes directly to heaven and hell (depending on how we are judged)? Or we are asleep until the final judgement come?

The latter. Have you ever been to a funeral where the pastor says the person is in heaven even though everyone knew that person didn't live for God or even believe in him?  Either they aren't being truthful (everyone goes to heaven no matter how you live) or they don't understand that you just return to dust and wait for the 2nd coming to receive your reward  (heaven/eternal life  or eternal damnation.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

The latter. Have you ever been to a funeral where the pastor says the person is in heaven even though everyone knew that person didn't live for God or even believe in him?  Either they aren't being truthful (everyone goes to heaven no matter how you live) or they don't understand that you just return to dust and wait for the 2nd coming to receive your reward  (heaven/eternal life  or eternal damnation.)

I think that is the elephant in the room. An honest Pastor will skirt the issue. I ask myself.. How do you know that person is in heaven?

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I think that is the elephant in the room. An honest Pastor will skirt the issue. I ask myself.. How do you know that person is in heaven?

Should the pastor skirt the issue if a grieving family member asks out of curiosity? 

Just now, Remnantrob said:

Should the pastor skirt the issue if a grieving family member asks out of curiosity? 

I think there are ways around it such as " Only God knows the heart" which is true. I do not think it is ok to lie and tell the family that the person is in heaven. Maybe they are :noidea: But then again maybe they are not. It would be cruel for a Pastor to tell the family " You know I think your loved one went straight to hell". It can be a sensitive subject :huh:

Have you ever heard of stories of people who lost loved ones and then they start seeing these deceased loved ones showing up in their homes with messages? How do we reconcile those stories with what we find in the scriptures? 

Job 7:9,10

As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more. 

Or how about Ecclesiastes 9:5,6?

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. 

1 hour ago, Curious idea said:

Where do you go when you die ?

that's a good question, and everyone, asks themselves this, but how do we know ?

that the bible has the correct answer ?,

when it is a book, but is there proof, real proof that what the bible says is exactly how it is going to be,

for what happens to the other nations ,that do not read the bible, and or , follow different Gods, would the God of creation, not save them ? for they are people too, with souls and spirits, could I go to hell,

if I was raised in another religion, and not know about Christianity ? would I still be damned to hell for not knowing and being around Christian people, is this how it works,

how do we know if our spirit ,does not journey else where, there is millions of people that will not, and are not able to read , or follow  the bible, is the bible, needed for salvation, of each and every soul on planet earth ?

what happens when others that don't know die, are they doomed ? what makes us different , from them, that do not have our culture and way of religion?

With that answer you must not be a believer.