IGNORED

Are you still sinning like one of the sons of disobedience?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps this is the best description of “the sons of disobedience” …

“And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 

in which you once walked according to the course of this world,

according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now

works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once

conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires

of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath,

just as the others.” (Ephesians 2:1-3)

Paul states above that Satan works in the sons of disobedience.

These people conduct themselves in the lusts of the flesh

… so they can fulfil the desires of their flesh and mind.

Consequently, they are by nature “children of wrath”.

In this letter, Paul is writing “to the saints who are in Ephesus,

and faithful in Christ Jesus” (Ephesus 1:1).

He says they once were among the sons of disobedience,

but no more because now they are “faithful” saints of God.

Now for his letter “to the saints and faithful brethren in Christ 

who are in Colosse” (Colossians 1:2).

He says below they once were among the sons of disobedience,

but no more because now they are “faithful” saints of God.

“Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth:

fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness,

which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is

coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves

once walked when you lived in them.” (Colossians 3:5-7)

The footnote for Colossians 3:6 in the NLT says:

“Some manuscripts read is coming on all who disobey him         

In his usual incredibly-tactful style, Paul is WARNING the members of

both churches that anyone who participates in a sinning lifestyle is being

disobedient to God, and is therefore a member of that group called

the sons of disobedience upon which the wrath of God is coming!

Here is one of the clues that Paul has actually found them guilty:

“Set your mind on things above, NOT on things on the earth. …

But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice,

blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.” (Colossians 3:1, 8)

Notice he does NOT praise them for having done these things,

but he is instructing them to do these things!

Next, he says WHY they are actually ABLE to do these things

(but doing them is another matter altogether):

“Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with

his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge

according to the image of Him who created him …” (Colossians 3:9-10)

Yes, believe me, Paul’s incredibly-tactful style is evident in all of his writings!

He WARNS while teaching, instructing, praising, encouraging, edifying, etc.

Are you living a sinful lifestyle, which proves you are one of …

the sons of disobedience upon which the wrath of God is coming?

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

ZaccharyB

The definition of one claiming to be a Christian but displaying disobedience to Christ, is called a hypocrite.   

Isaiah 33:14   The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Yes who among us?

Hypocrites will not be accepted into the kingdom of God, simple.  Which is why we need to examine ourselves everyday, and encourage one another that this spiritual war which is going on is real, and Satan likes to divide us and give us false security, which in my opinion is his greatest weapon. Christ on the other hand is blunt, harsh at times.  If we can't be trusted to obey his commands now, how can we be trusted in his kingdom when he returns?  We have to go over our actions and words very carefully at all times and make sure we are meeting Christ's requirements in order to inherit eternal life. This is why "love" covers a multitude of sins, and the mouth will prove what type of spirit is in there.

Matthew 12:37   For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 15:11   Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Good post. I agree.

You certainly agree with Jesus that the road to heaven is a narrow one!

Can you believe that many years ago I thought this verse was referring to

the MANY non-believers in Christ who had other WAYS to get to heaven.

Never dreamed it also was referring to born-again believers!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 9/21/2016 at 8:34 AM, eileenhat said:

Sin is often objectified.  A black and white idea.  Like crime is a sin.

But sin is a black and white. There is no middle ground. Sin is sin. What we as believers do however is label a particular sin as a category. For example, from a scale of one to ten we consider murder and adultery to be like a 10 but we look at lying to be at a 1. The problem is that we are comparing sin to our own measurement of what sin is and looks like. 

However, God has a different view of sin. To him sin is sin and there is no middle ground. Now we do have some gray areas(like do we drink or smoke, etc) but the Bible does talk about how we are to take care of our bodies because we are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit(1 Cor 6:19) and versus that say if we know what we are supposed to do and we don't do it it is sin(James 4:7).

So sin is black and white and even in the gray areas it is black and white if we know the right thing to do and don't do it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings BroZach

When I began reading your OP ,you spoke of the "sons of disobedience",these people were made ALIVE,they were once DEAD in their trespasses & sin..... I immediately thought of something I heard & posted in another Thread......I would like to share that once again,if I may

I happened to be watching a 1984 PTL telecast with Brother Ward as a guest & the conversation was about Evidence of LIFE.....which was fantastic & I thinkyou might like it

He compared the evidence of physical life to that of spiritual life & said there are 4 Evidences in each......

1-Assimilate......A living being needs to eat,they must eat & drink to sustain life     Dead people are not hungry or thirsty,corpses do not eat!!

And the same goes for the Born Again Believer who is made ALIVE spiritually,they hunger & thirst first for the milk they need & then the meat ....they thirst after Righteousness   It is a mark of LIFE

2- Eliminate.......A living person body must eliminate,their bowels must remain open,bladder etc,,,, & throw off the old,the waste

And the same for the spiritual .....they put off the old,those things of the lifestyle,malice for example uis put off & they put on the new....humbleness

The cussing,swearing ,smoking ,drinking etc,,,, are eliminated

3-Growth..........If you are alive you grow,from a baby you grow up & get taller.....older you may grow wider(he was quite comedic) The physical body does grow...there are outward signs of decadence

And when the Trumphet blows those that are ALIVE & remain ............Yes,if you are ALIVE spiritually there must be growth,you must mature ,gain Wisdom,Understanding

4-Reproduce......There is a physical urge to reproduce to BEGET  

Jesus started with 2 & then 12 & then 500,3000 and the world was turned upside down as they multiplied & multiplied

He said if you put a corpse in an ice chest,or a beautiful coffin  inside of the most beautiful church with beautiful pews & a beautiful organs with chandeliers & flowers it cannot bring anyone in to see it because there is nothing inside,it is a dead corpse                  

Praise Jesus,that is what I heard this morning & I thought I would share it                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hope you liked it,I think it is very relevant to what you are saying here,,,,

Dearest Sister Kwikster,

Yes, that info sure does fit nicely with the OP ... Thanks!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings BroZach

I am so glad you liked it,I really enjoyed it myself                           These Scriptures are so so so important & often just ignored because like you were once ignorant (me too) many are blinded & do not see that the message is for the BELIEVER                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest BacKaran

Hypocrite means one who is pretending to be something he is not... hypocrites were actors which is still applicable to todays actors.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The sin of the sons of disobedience is unbelief... the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... the sin unto death.

No, I don't sin like one of them. Nor does any believer. 

Do we sin?

Yup.

But...

1 John 1:5–2:17 (AV)
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.**
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

John 6:27–29 (AV)
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

What about...

Matthew 5:48 (AV)
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

??

Unattainable goal in the fallen human body right? This is what the Law was intended to prove to man so man would look to God's grace rather than his own righteousness (Galatians 3:24-25). Incidentally, though the address of the Sermon on the Mount is New Testament in our Bibles, it was Jesus' own divine commentary on the Old Testament Law during the time it was still in effect. (Hebrews 9:16-17 / Luke 22:20 / 1 Corinthians 11:25) Jesus was putting the teeth back into the Law that the religious leaders removed from their traditions, biases, and misinterpretations.

DON'T bring the Law into Grace!!!

This is a huge mistake most make.

Yes God hates sin.

No God doesn't wink at sin even for Christians.

The emphasis is on belief in Christ Jesus.

The emphasis of life is not on keeping score for ourselves or others but in believing in Jesus Christ the Savior God Man.

Grace is not a means to sin. Grace is a means to get others saved DESPITE our sins.

Christ's imputed righteousness (activated by our faith in him) saves us. It wipes the sin slate absolutely clean. What we do to serve and honor Christ determines our rewards in heaven (the afterlife). The Bible says he will wipe away every tear... in heaven... what will the tears be for? Joy, certainly. But sadness IMHO for the sacrifice of Christ himself when we see the scars... AND for the fact that we did not take serving him more seriously than we did in this life.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:40 AM, kwikphilly said:

... many are blinded & do not see that the message is for the BELIEVER  

Dearest sister Kwikster,

Yes, most believers today have been so brainwashed by their churches

about grace-only, etc. that they do not recognize that the warnings written

to them about sinning, falling away, etc. were actually written to them!

Edited by ZacharyB