storybook

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

From what I understand God can not be present around evil and sin. If this is so, what happens if I am living with a non-believer who does follow Jesus and is seeking in other areas that is not of God. Can God be with me in our home and protect me from what someone else brings into the home (books on Buddhism)?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If God couldn't be present around evil and sin, he could never be present even around Christians, who are never completely sinless.

I'm confused, you said a "non-believer who does follow Jesus," was that a typo? Because if someone truly follows Jesus' teachings, then they will have accepted him as their savior and be living for him, making them a believer.

Are you a believer? Do you love, obey, and trust God above all else? If you are truly a believer and follow God, then he will not leave you. Other people's sin and evil can never keep God from being around you; God is infinitely powerful and nothing can keep him from those who follow Him.

Furthermore, you don't need "protecting" from books on Buddhism. The Bible is the only holy book that encourages critical thinking and investigation of it's claims. It's a good thing to read other books and know what other people think; if you do so honestly and with a strong Christian foundation, you'll only be strengthened in the knowledge that the Bible is real truth, and you'll be better equipped to counter the claims of Buddhists, Muslims, etc. when you engage with them about your faith if you've read their books and know what they really say and why they are incorrect. A follower of Christ need not have any fear of the man-made falsehoods of other religions, and God certainly does not and other people in your home reading those books will not keep Him from you in any way, shape or form, ever! God bless!

GOD is within you by the Holy Spirit from the moment you are saved. Books cannot hurt you. The only thing that I would watch out for is if your roommate begins to worship their idols in your home, or places these idols throughout your home. My rule of thumb is if it makes you feel uncomfortable, than it is probably the Holy Spirit moving within you and you should take action to remove them from your environment.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 2016-09-18 at 8:02 AM, BK1110 said:

I'm confused, you said a "non-believer who does follow Jesus," was that a typo?

Oops, yes that was a typo - he does not follow Jesus.

I am believer. Many thx for your post BK1110, it helped clarify things for me.

On 2016-09-18 at 11:50 AM, Rick_Parker said:

GOD is within you by the Holy Spirit from the moment you are saved. Books cannot hurt you. The only thing that I would watch out for is if your roommate begins to worship their idols in your home, or places these idols throughout your home. My rule of thumb is if it makes you feel uncomfortable, than it is probably the Holy Spirit moving within you and you should take action to remove them from your environment.

Thank you for your post as well, Rick_Parker - I feel comforted by your first sentence.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

~

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4