• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Im sure this will be downplayed. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-people-injured-during-stabbing-attack-minnesota-mall-074620661.html

Anderson also said the suspect made at least one reference to Allah during the attack and asked at least one person whether they were Muslim.

But Anderson declined to call the attacks an act of terrorism, saying the motive for the attacks isn't known yet.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Im sure this will be downplayed. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-people-injured-during-stabbing-attack-minnesota-mall-074620661.html

Anderson also said the suspect made at least one reference to Allah during the attack and asked at least one person whether they were Muslim.

But Anderson declined to call the attacks an act of terrorism, saying the motive for the attacks isn't known yet.

Is any crime that is done by a Muslim always going to be categorized as "terrorism"?  Seems that word gets way overused these days and is losing the meaning it once had. 

Does this attack promote terror in anyone that was not directly involved? Does this attack seek to change our policies, actions or anything else?  

By labeling this guy a terrorist instead of just a wack job that he is, are we not actually helping to achieve the very purpose of terrorism? 

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Is any crime that is done by a Muslim always going to be categorized as "terrorism"?  Seems that word gets way overused these days and is losing the meaning it once had. 

Does this attack promote terror in anyone that was not directly involved? Does this attack seek to change our policies, actions or anything else?  

By labeling this guy a terrorist instead of just a wack job that he is, are we not actually helping to achieve the very purpose of terrorism? 

There was a call to conduct multiple lone wolf attacks. He shouts allah something before attacking random strangers in a mall. As other lone wolf attackers have done. The point is to terrorize folks in the us with these lone wolf attacks. done in the name of islam. By not labeling it terrorism, it provides a false sense of security among the us. 

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There was a call to conduct multiple lone wolf attacks. He shouts allah something before attacking random strangers in a mall. As other lone wolf attackers have done. The point is to terrorize folks in the us with these lone wolf attacks. done in the name of islam. By not labeling it terrorism, it provides a false sense of security among the us. 

Does this type of attack, and the labeling it as terrorism make you fearful of going to the mall?  If it was just some wack job that stabbed people without yelling anything, would you be less fearful? 

12 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Does this type of attack, and the labeling it as terrorism make you fearful of going to the mall?  If it was just some wack job that stabbed people without yelling anything, would you be less fearful? 

Labeling something terrorism doesnt make me fearful. If it was just some wack job that got into the mall doesnt change my fear level. The day after my sis in law was kidnapped, assaulted, shot twice in the head and left for dead by a serial killer, I went to the strip mall she was kidnapped from all by myself. If anything should have made me terrified of going out, that would have been it. I am cautious by nature but not afraid of going out.

But one cant combat terrorism if one pretends it doesnt exist either. 

30 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Labeling something terrorism doesnt make me fearful. If it was just some wack job that got into the mall doesnt change my fear level. The day after my sis in law was kidnapped, assaulted, shot twice in the head and left for dead by a serial killer, I went to the strip mall she was kidnapped from all by myself. If anything should have made me terrified of going out, that would have been it. I am cautious by nature but not afraid of going out.

But one cant combat terrorism if one pretends it doesnt exist either. 

I am not saying we pretend it does not exist, I am saying this is not it.  I am saying this is just some wack job that wants his 15 minutes of fame and by labeling him a terrorist you give it to him, thus encouraging other to copy him.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am not saying we pretend it does not exist, I am saying this is not it.  I am saying this is just some wack job that wants his 15 minutes of fame and by labeling him a terrorist you give it to him, thus encouraging other to copy him.

Of course it was terrorism.   It may not be Islamic terrorism, but it is an act of terror.  We need to call it what it is.   In fact, it was likely a test run to test our reaction time.

2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I disagree. The feds are far too reluctant to call something terrorism. Case in point, the fort hood shooter. 

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Of course it was terrorism.   It may not be Islamic terrorism, but it is an act of terror.  We need to call it what it is.   In fact, it was likely a test run to test our reaction time.

Is every crime an act of terror?  What draws the line between just a normal wack job attacking people and it being an act of terror? Was the Dear shooting up the planned parenthood clinic an act of terror? 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Is every crime an act of terror?  What draws the line between just a normal wack job attacking people and it being an act of terror? Was the Dear shooting up the planned parenthood clinic an act of terror? 

No one said every crime is an act of terror.  But setting up bombs with timers/remote detonators is a terrorist M. O.   So was yelling allahu akbar in St. Cloud MN and then stabbing 8 people.