Sight

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Folks, almost Eight years living with Jesus in my heart, trying to achieve success in my own life. I've gotten to the point where I've lost all patience with typical Christian fellowship, and I am at a point where I need to start seeing results, or I will question the bible's validity as a source of good living itself.

Edited by Hippie333
removed condescending remarks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Sight.

Welcome to Worthy.  

I"m wondering what your definition of Christian fellowship is?  

You said you are trying to achieve success.  Maybe you need to stop trying on your own, give your dreams and hopes to Christ and then step back and see where He leads you.  His ways are not our ways so it may be your heading in the wrong direction.  It almost sounds like a child that is having a tantrum because he doesn't get what he wants. Blaming God will get you nowhere. I think a lot of us have gone through this, but have learned to trust God.  We then realize He really does know best.

To me fellowship means sharing my faith and love of Jesus with other believers.   There should be not selfishness in true fellowship.  

If you would like we also have a chat room so you can speak to us one on one. 

I hope you find your answer here, we are more then happy to help you and discuss what you would like.

Blessings, RustyAngeL.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Success.  Was Jesus successful?  Born amongst the stink of animals, hunted, poor, homeless, tortured, humiliated and then murdered in public.. only then was his work complete on this earth and his kingdom mission successful... now he is risen to life, to rule and to reign.  Blind eyes were opened, paralytics healed, the dead were raised and words spoken that would deliver millions but all at cost of worldly 'success'  From the absolute light, power and glory of heaven he came.. as a helpless babe and was born into the stink of men and animals.

Beware of success in the eyes of the world.  Many want to rule and reign like kings in our worldly kingdom but our homeland is elsewhere and we are really but strangers passing through; seek first the kingdom of God and all those things that pagans run after will be added to you  i.e.. Jesus, though without a home to rest his head while ministering was provided for by his Father.  :-)

I John 2

Do Not Love the World

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life[c]—is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It's hard to tell exactly what the issue is without more details. But I will say that our measure of "success" is often not God's measure of success. We are here not to accumulate temporary wealth but to store up treasure in heaven by ministering to the lost and being witnesses for Christ's sake. If you're expecting God to grant wishes like a genie, you've missed the point.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Paying~!

~

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We an do all things through Christ....if we try to do them on our own or through the world ..be it church or Christians...we fail. It must be through Jesus and in His good and perfect time and will not our own. Be patient and wait on the Lord. Hard words to hear and harder yet sometimes to follow but Jesus wants us to trust Him in all things. Wait.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight

Welcome to Worthy.....you have asked God for Christian fellowship & He has lead you here to He is Family,Praise & Glory to God Most High!

Folks, almost Eight years living with Jesus in my heart, trying to achieve success in my own life. I've gotten to the point where I've lost all patience with typical Christian fellowship, and I am at a point where I need to start seeing results, or I will question the bible's validity as a source of good living itself.

What,may I ask,is a successful life in your eyes,what do you hope for? What is "typical" Christian fellowship ?If you are looking to people to see some kind of 'results" then sadly you will be greatly disappointed because people will continue to fall short of y our expectations,we cannot expect anything from anyone ,not anything more than they are capable of.......now when we look t7o Jesus we can have GREAT EXPECTATIONS because our HOPE is always in Christ,He is the Way ,the Truth & the LIFE

Jesus promised us a Life More Abundant,He is Faithful & True to His Word,the only thing that hinders us from having a life more Abundant is ourSELF......in Christ we have Hope,Joy,Peace,Comfort.Forgiveness,Love and most of all,the Grace of God    My favorite words of advice are simple,it is not about what you get from church(fellowship,service,praise & worship)but what you bring with you     Focusing on giving more & you will be surprised at how much you will Receive,be a Blessing in someones life and so you shall be Blessed  

My Friend,God does not have to prove anything to anyone,the validity of His Word can be confirmed by His Word,prophecy fulfilled,outside sources corroborate Biblical accounts & eyewitness reports etc,,,,,in our own personal life Gods Word can only prove to be True if we live BY His Word.......His Truth is Revealed by Holy Spirit to the earnest heart that seeks Him                                                       Praise Jesus                                       With love-in CHrist,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1973

How do I know if I'm doing it on my own strength or Jesus this morning I woke up not allowing anxiety  to take over because I'm more than a conqueror did I do wrong

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

47 minutes ago, Mona trevino said:

How do I know if I'm doing it on my own strength or Jesus....

this morning I woke up not allowing anxiety  to take over....
because I'm more than a conqueror....
did I do wrong....

:emot-heartbeat:

The LORD is my Shepherd; I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:1-3 (New Heart English Bible)

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 (New International Version)

To Whom Will You Give The Glory

Now Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,

because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives

and the regaining of sight to the blind,

to set free those who are oppressed,

to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Luke 4:`6-19 (NET Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, Mona trevino said:

How do I know if I'm doing it on my own strength or Jesus this morning I woke up not allowing anxiety  to take over because I'm more than a conqueror did I do wrong

No you did just fine.  We can speak negative things over ourselves all the time or allow the enemy to slip in and cause us all kinds of problems.  You stood your ground.  Good job!