Sign in to follow this  
Woman_At_The_Well

Vegan Amaretto Cheesecake - DELICIOUS

I substitute the Amaretto liqueur with pure Almond extract. It tastes delicious. I made this vegan cheesecake a couple of years ago. My co-workers were shocked when I told them they were eating tofu. Within a half an hour, it was gone. I can eat the entire cheesecake without feeling guilty.

1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs (9' sheet)
2 tablespoons melted margarine
1-2 1/2 tablespoons of almond extract until desired taste
12 oz extra firm lite silken tofu
8 oz Tofutti cream cheese
4-6 oz Tofutti sour cream
2/3 cup dry sweetener, Stevia

Set your oven at 350 Fahrenheit.

Combine your melted margarine and almond extract. Mix this with the graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of a spring form pan, or along the bottom and sides of a pie pan, and bake for 7-10 minutes.
Because there's so much moisture in this recipe, a dry sweetener is important.
Briefly press and blot the excess water from your block of silken tofu. Puree it with the cream cheese and sour cream until well combined and smooth. Add in your sweetener and blend again. Now stir in the almond extract, until the taste suits your liking.
Pour the filling into the crust and smooth the top out. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
When the edges are firm and the very top is completely baked, remove the cheesecake and give your pan a little shake; it's alright if much of the center still seems to be wobbly beneath the top layer, as long as your edges are firm.
Set it on a countertop to cool. You can put it in the fridge for 3-6 hours.
The surface of the cheesecake will probably have a lot of small shallow cracks. When it's thickened, you can add fruit if you wish.
Some notes:
The texture and taste of this cheesecake were unbelievable. The results are very creamy and taste out of this world.

Preparation Time: 
1 hour

Sign in to follow this