• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.19
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Just something to think about.......    does an ass need God's help to talk, or do we need help to listen...

The reason I ask was when the apostles spoke on the day of Pentecost the people all heard them in thier own language....   I'm still working on wether or not the miracle was in the speaking or the hearing...

Just something to think about, let us not hijack the thread here.

My dogs talk to me all the time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You have me confused now.  I understand Kwik's decision to bow out of this discussion and fully support her decision.

we talk behind the scenes on many subjects.......  I just need to know is she'd interested.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My dogs talk to me all the time.

our last two cats did with us also......    and I really miss them both....   but alas cats just don't live as long as humans....

Getting back to Genesis 6:1-4 and the article by John Tors in Truth In My Days, it seems he is reinterpreting quite a bit of accepted Biblical text to make his interpretation work.  If we believe the vast majority of translators have been guided by the Holy Spirit and not by personal beliefs, then the Bible says what it says and it's God's word.  I may be a bit too critical now, but it seems John Tors had the answer in his mind, and then reinterpreted the text to make it work out.  None of us should be doing that.  We should let the Bible say what it says, and trust a good scholarly translation.  Hopefully we are not too late to learn with the Holy Spirit's guidance.

As an aside, it should be noted that giant, nearly intact skeletons have been found in various places around the world.  Very little information is available that's reliable.  Pliny the Elder wrote in his famous “Naturalis Historica,” completed in 77 A.D., that giant skeletons had been found. He cited ancient sources, as did the 1st century Roman historian Titus Flavius Josephus, who mentioned multiple times the existence of giants in an earlier age.  Admittedly this doesn't prove anything, but it is interesting support for a literal translation of Holy Scripture.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Saved One

I don't believe any of that & I don't agree but I'm not sure I really want to get into all this-lol?WE don't know much of the nephilim except to speculate . (Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.)We do know they were mighty,probably the giants like Goliath .......The could have been a possessed people but they were "people"....people have DNA & people pro-create,not spirits.....spirits do not have bodies but they can & do possess bodies(this is known throughout Scripture & they can be cast out)

Fallen angels are the demons,lucifer fell & became satan...a fallen angel     I believe the Sons of God were those of the line of Seth & the daughters of men were those of the line of Cain.....What about after the flood many will ask,,,,,the principalities(demons) stay attached to whoever they can& they seem tr o stay attached9possess or oppress) lineages(cursed line)   Eh,I don't feel up to this really,in any event all spirits are disembodied unless they INHABIT a body,still it is not their DNA that gets passed on because they don't have any(as far as my finite mind can tell-lol)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

The expressions, "Sons of God," and "Daughters of men," prove that one is the product of God and the other is the product of men. Seth's sons were as ungodly as were those of Cain; so they could not be called sons of God in the Godly sense any more than could the sons of Cain. Only two of Seth's sons were Godly

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

In reading John Tors four-part article, he introduced a new term to me I've not heard of before, Theophany, a visible manifestation of God. 

I'm surprised to hear that this term is new to you. However Theophany (and Christophany) have nothing to do with this subject.  The pre-incarnate Word (Christ) appeared to men from time to time as "The Angel of the LORD" and communicated with them.  The context always makes it clear that this is indeed God in angelic form.

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

I'm surprised to hear that this term is new to you. However Theophany (and Christophany) have nothing to do with this subject.  The pre-incarnate Word (Christ) appeared to men from time to time as "The Angel of the LORD" and communicated with them.  The context always makes it clear that this is indeed God in angelic form.

John Tors used the word Theophany in his argument and it was the first time I ran upon that word in my personal studies.  Your post here is the first time I've read the term Christophany.  The Theophany concept in the Old Testament I admit I've been exposed to.  It seems like a concept to explain text that doesn't need explaining outside the Bible.  Sometimes I believe we may overanalyze instead of accepting what's plainly written. 

Hey, don't be surprised at what I don't know.  I am here to learn as well as to share/fellowship.  I hope I never get to an age where I can't be taught.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hey, don't be surprised at what I don't know.  I am here to learn as well as to share/fellowship.  I hope I never get to an age where I can't be taught.

SOBG

LOL,Good for you & God Bless you.....That is always my prayer for myself & my own attitude...to remain teachable & Receptive,always knowing "I don't always know"     I'm am here,just listening                   Love ya Brother,Kwik

Just a thought on the term "sons of God".  Can anyone from Old or New Testament times be truly called sons of God without the cleansing blood of Jesus to make us so?  Enoch and Elijah being possible exceptions although they were never referred to as sons of God.  Just something to think about.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Can anyone from Old or New Testament times be truly called sons of God without the cleansing blood of Jesus to make us so?

Certainly. "Son of God" or "Sons of God" can be applied in different ways.

1. In the OT, the saints are never called "sons of God" but rather "the just" (justified ones) or "the saints".

2. "Sons of God" means direct creations of God, hence applicable to angels as well as Adam (in the NT).

3. "The Son of God" or "one like unto the Son of God" applies to Christ.

4. It is only in the NT that those who are born of God are called "sons of God" through the New Birth.  And consequently, angels are simply called angels.