IGNORED

What do I do if my husband claims to be a believer but action shows something else

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Prior to marriage my husband claimed he is a believer of Christ and was baptized. Over the years of marriage I am quesitoning his faith. He has left me and son 6 times for various reasons. Sometimes he left cause he stated he could not take care of us, etc. Now he recently is saying he may leave again cause God has not given us a child and he cant wait on me. He is very cold hearted in the house. He speaks negative, he does not want to help pay some of the bills and he refuses not to go to the same church me and my son attend."son is from first marriage; divorce on grounds of adultery of different women" My husband is now saying he will go back to his first church which the people only speak Creole and sermon is only done in Creole  however me or son does not speak Creole. Besides, I know from God that he brought me and my son to the Church. My son who is 17 years old just got baptized on August 29, 2016 and we both have joined the Evangelism team at the church. What should I do . I know the word of God says by our conduct we can change an unbeliever. However this is different my husband is claiming to be a Christian. Should I just keep praying for him and dont say a word in the house? cause if I say Hi he ignores me and want involve himself in bible study or even talk to my son? everything said is negative or arguement.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings loveChrist

Welcome to Worthy,I am very glad you are here with us(Praise Jesus!) & very happy to hear your son has accepted Christ as his Lord & Savior,that is fANTASTIC!!! I am also very sorry that you are going through such an ordeal,I w4ent through something very similar & finally I resolved myself to the fact that my husband(ex) was NOT a Believer,we know them by their fruits & his fruits were rotten & decayed......as your husbands seems to be?

I never feel good about telling anyone to leave a marriage,I can only share my experience,tell you to trust God and ask His Direction & Guidance.....I have seen Him soften many a heart & change the worst people into New Creatures in Christ Jesus & I have also seen hardened hearts,only God knows a mans heart

I was praying & praying & praying for my (then) husband to return to Jesus,to soften his heart and eventually I dropped to my knees & told God that I would follow Him anywhere ,with or without my husband & asked thatHe show me clearly what to do....I specifically asked Him for a sign as bright as neon,the next morning I got that sign,I won't go into that story here but it was not what I expected but it was louder & clearer than I could ever have imagined & it was time to leave and begin my life fully devoted to God as my FIRST & TOP PRIORITY.....all I can say is that so much has been added to my life since then & I am happily married now to a true man of God who is passionate for Jesus & loves me as Christ loves His Church      We must Trust God for these decisions

That man I married was not Gods Will,he came into my life like an angel of light and I saw what I wanted to see,blind that he was either possessed or heavily oppressed by the enemy    The desire of my heart was not in the right place & after a good self examination I & asking the Lord to show me my heart,I could SEE......all I can say is that sometimes we are praying for the wrong thing,we wonder why we are not getting an answer & what we need to do is ask God what we should be praying for    Maybe you can ask God to show you your own heart & to ask if the desires of your heart are what He would have it to be?You should be celebrating the Joy of your boy's Salvation & not have your Joy,Peace,Comfort stolen by the thief that comes to steal,kill & destroy    In any event,it is God Will you must seek

I do hope this encourages you to stand on YOUR Postition of Victory,Y ou & y our house serve the Lord,anoint the house with oil & the Blood of Christ that nothing that is not of God can stand it & of course ,pray for your husband but not for what you want,for Gods Will to be done

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Personally I would not want to be with a man that does not want to be with me through thick & thin,a husband is supposed to give you security,the one you can rely on & not feel the threat of his wanting to leave every time a strong wind comes by..................

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Blessings loveChrist,

This man sounds very clueless as to what a husband should be.  I have to say I see no trace of being a believer in him with his threats of leaving all the time and not being a husband and a father in support both financially and spiritually. 

I like my sister in Christ Kwik, hate to see any marriage go on the rocks but I don't think staying with this man is what you need to do, for both your sons and your sake.

I'm so thrilled your son is a believer in Jesus.  Praise God for this young mans faith. That is another reason I would not want this man around.  He could be a terrible influence on your son and ruin both of your lives.  I"m not sure that the word of God says by our conduct we can change an unbeliever.  Only God can change a heart.  Your job is not to change your husband, that is the Holy Spirits job.

Keep going to the church you and your son like.  To be forced to go to a church where you cannot even understand the language is ludicrous and totally unfair.

Pray for your husband but really I would put some distance between you, your son and this man who has no idea how to behave.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL