Can god heal anxiety

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to introduce you to an excellent book I'm reading, called Overcoming Fear, Worry, & Anxiety by Elyse Fitzpatrick.  It is Bible-based and full of Scripture references to look up, study, and memorize.  Each chapter contains relevant Bible passages, and ends with questions to ask yourself.  I'm reading it slowly and casually, but I intend to use it as an independent Bible study when I am finished.

Through daily Bible reading, praying, Scripture memory, and learning to abide in Christ, I am learning that He really is there for me in every circumstance, that He cares deeply about me and upholds me, and I do not need to be anxious about anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

last night i was in a lot of anxiety and dread and i had to keep God constantly in my thoughts. the word God was my focus (keep it simple otherwise i trigger rapid thinking) and i was able to find refuge. i did keep waking up through the night but amazingly i kept on with thinking of God it was an unbroken focus in a way.

in my rati0nal mind i think g0sh the st0rms are still raging n0thing has changed and yet...fixing my eyes on the LORD takes my mind off my emotions/feelings. its rather like an old lamp where i can only see or barely at that the next step

• Thumbs Up 1

On 27/09/2016 at 6:34 PM, missmuffet said:

I also deal with anxiety. I was born with it. I have taken myself off of all caffeine. That would be coffee, chocolate, soft drinks and anything else with caffeine in it. Caffeine makes anxiety a lot worse. I do consume a couple of cups of white tea a day but it has very little caffeine in it. I pray to God and give him everything in my life. I trust that God will take care of me. Anxiety is fear. Before I trusted God 100% I was more consumed with anxiety.

yes its a tough thing anxiety like you i stopped drinking coffee many years ago, cant quite give up the choc though! its a long road this trusting of God as i have been let down so many times in life. in fact i thought it was normal to have next to no input as a daily experience whilst i was growing up and i frequently default to this mode as a "normal" coping mech

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

On 2016-09-19 at 10:04 PM, Mona trevino said:

m a believer I truly believe that Jesus is my Christ lord and savior yes I have a daily relationship with god on a daily basis and that's what's so frustrating. How can someone have anxiety if I seek god kingdoms and all it's righteousness then why am I in so much bondage what a I m

Do you have any resentments?

Part of  Christian Healing is dropping resentments and judgement over people,places and things, -people- including yourself.

Thoughts are what cause anxieties. Thoughts of the past , present , future. these can be filed with all kinds of fears, pre-judgements, resentments. These we need to let go of on the spot. We need to place them in Gods hands to handle.

Trust in God and lean not on your own understanding Prov 3:5,6

Proverbs 3:5,6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

Over five years ago, I had a terrible panic attack. It was so great, I was grasping for air and thought I was having a heart attack. My repairman/mechanic had just mentioned to me how that he shot his dog dead because he felt his dog was just a nuisance. I loved that dog and when I came over, I played with it and I even had mentioned to him if ever he did not want his dog to tell me and that I would  look for a home for him. so when he told me what he did, i just had no words and told hi i just couod not speak and had to leave. form the moment I left and went back home in my car, I was sobing inconsolably with thought s of shooting myself that mechanic for what he did. My heart was filled with sorrow for the dog and rage for what the man had done. I was distraught for several days thinking about it.

That same night that I heard what had happened with the dog, I called a prayer lie and we prayed. That evening I also listened to the radio and found a radio show hosted by Roy Master. He was talking about why people get sick emotionally, spiritually and physically. The root he said is always spiritual and many times has to do with keeping resentments, judgements .  For sure, I was very resentful at the mechanic.  But after hearing this christian radio host explain that we need to practice forgivenes and drop out judgement over people and give these concerns over to God.

It is through doing this, giving up my judgement over this mechanic man, and practicing forgiveness in this situation, was I able to stop these panic attacks.

This christian Radio host gave a simple technique to get passed the panic. Its basically is similar to what Mable said. To keep your present focus on God. To be still and know HE is GOD 

Psalm 46:10

God is Our Refuge and Strength
9He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire.

10"Be still =- cease striving- and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 11The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.…

The christian radio host said that when we feel these anxieties we need to step back and keep our thought on God. He mentions to close your eyes and focus on the pixels/sparkles you see when your eyes are closed, and to concentrate on them and also at the same time to be aware of your right hand and and look to be aware of the tingling in each finger and than to focus back on the pixels/little sparkles you see  with your eyes while they are closed closed. As you get busy doing that your mind does not have the time to think on worries as it is defocusing on your thoughts and focusing on the present moment with your eyelids closed viewing the pixels/sparkles you see with the eyes closed and to also focus on each finger of your right hand, beginning with the first finger, then the second then the third, fourth , fifth and then returning to the first, all the while focusing on the pixels you see while your eyes are closed.

When you can focus on this refocusing exercise, it gives your mind, reprieve, a rest and a chance to heal.

And as a christian, also letting go of your resentments , angers and fears , judgement and giving them to God and practicing forgiveness in all that you do.

These will heal us from anxieties, depression and other. sicknesses as most sicknesses have as a basic root, a spiritual component to them.

Be patient with yourself and place your worries in Gods hands.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/16/2016 at 4:18 PM, Mea kakau said:

And this last summer I discovered some of my anxiety was due to food allergies. Never knew food allergies could cause anxiety.

hahahaha ....... sorry!   I just had to laugh because it is sooooooo truuuueeeeeeeeee  that allergies can cause anxiety (and a whole host of other ailments and disease in the mind and in the body.  -- and so few people ever find out !!!! (due to deception of the world, JUST LIKE the government and religious deceptions in other threads)

You posted this:

"Mea kakau replied to traveller's topic in Tech Lounge

I'm an avid researcher."

Do due diligence, as you did for the space bar or whatever......  but this time for your own healing !  :)

You will be COMPETELY JOYOUS finding out the TRUTH,  and TOTALLY anxiety free, by God's Grace , by God's Word, and by what you find out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Some very good advice here. If you can do it all you will not have time for anxiety.. and that is what I tend to do. Sometimes for me feeling that way was like my mind spinning in circles. Like you are stuck on the kiddie's round-about in the park. So for me, doing something to get my mind in another groove and not suck on that one helped. Spiritual, medical, physiological.. all can upset the system. Just stay away from the shrinks if at all possible. If your doc suggests something that might help, by all means try that and whatever diet helps you as well. If you get worried about how dumb you are - there is always somebody dumber than you are.. and so it is with most phobias and comparisons. One of the things that I grew up with was built-in inferiority which is a real downer if you are a type A personality. Although I do no hold much store in profiling personality traits, you can always ask yourself the questions and find out your HOT buttons and your COLD buttons. What do you really like to do and feel comfortable with, and what gives you the cold-sweats. Write down your fears and then do a web search for scriptures that directly speak to those things.
I was so anxious when going for my Citizenship final interview that all I could do on the way up was to sing, "I will sing unto the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously, the horse and rider thrown into the sea". Must have sung it at least 150 times. But it let my mind be active in praise and less prone to wander aimlessly in the deep dark canyons of concern.

God can and does heal all kinds of mind issues and phobias.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

gosh what a time ago this thread was. but yeah still pressing into God and studying God's word  and that is what got me through a very tough grueling family situation. however the anxiety is almost off the scale just lately. im having to believe for healing LORD  please help my unbelief. is it chemical is it spiritual is it learnt who really knows for sure. i know i dont

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

gosh what a time ago this thread was. but yeah still pressing into God and studying God's word  and that is what got me through a very tough grueling family situation. however the anxiety is almost off the scale just lately. im having to believe for healing LORD  please help my unbelief. is it chemical is it spiritual is it learnt who really knows for sure. i know i dont

I was removed, kinda semi-forcefully by an ultimatum from a very sad and distressing situation. Mostly caused by psycho-heresy and a wrong application of scriptures in a very difficult time. During that time PTSD was kinda thought of by my doc and others, but actually being out of the situation eventually got rid of an anxiety that had dogged me for years. Sometimes, where we actually are and what we have to put up with is the main problem. We cannot see that sometimes because we are 'attached' often to a tether that is like being dragged down by the drowning person you are trying to save. Cutting that tether can cause tremendous pain; but in the end, that hurtful umbilical has to be severed in order to live again. Coming back to life in a different world will have its fears and drawbacks, but often is the only real way to get free and see situations for what they really are. Sometimes we are just too close to realize this.

The Lord God is never surprised and unable to help us. He is a Constant that we must cling to. He always knows the answer, but He never promises us a complete lack of pain. He promises to be a 'Very present help in time of need'. So He does promise need.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

49 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

It is well known in some doctor's circles,  but not accepted by other doctor's circles.

The proper remedies (i.e. in line with God's Plan and All Scripture) are always safe, even for little children and puppies and kittens, as well as people over 100 years old - no side effects.

Whenever Jesus healed everyone,  they were healed totally, completely,  inside out (spirit, soul, mind and body).  This is not seen a lot on earth, but is always seen whenever Jesus heals someone.  (most of the world, most cities, most churches, unbelief stops him from doing much if anything).

As far as doctors familiar with it, the testing needed is not available everywhere, and is not referred to by the system except for very rich people who don't have to be subject to the system.   The testing methods that they are familiar with is not a blood test,  and does not promote nor use toxic chemicals nor anything dangerous.

On the forum ,  it is not permitted to give ANY MEDICAL ADVICE ...... (even in most churches do not approve healing spiritually nor naturally) ....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

is it chemical is it spiritual is it learnt who really knows for sure. i know i dont

Hi Existential mabel,I think it could be a little of both, but everyone who think they may have some "anxiety issues" may react differently but for me, i think it could be a little bit of both.

also the spring light  summer  warmth  and autumn harvest and mild breeze is over and winter cold and darkness is at the door.

***In every season there is a time of adjustment.***

we also have our lives to contend with, the decision makings in everyday concerns: general health, family, friends, financial,car/ house /living concerns/ Weather concerns/world news concerns.

When a lot of responsibilities and deadlines are in the forefront, it can play on the mind and bring nervousness and feelings of being overwhelmed.

Yes as MissMuffet mentioned, anxiety is a form of "fear/worry". And we are told in the bible to give everything always to God  in prayer and trust Him, to see us through.

And yes this does help when we apply  these spiritual tools to our concerns and learn to *** trust in God*** to help us deal with them.

But there are cycles to life and bio rhythms in our body that  have their natural ups and down cycles. For some it may be more intense than for others, all depending also on many factors including personality, genetics, personal history of trauma.

I don't think its just one thing that can make a person feel anxious. I think its a combination of things.

but at the same time, I believe we can find Godly tools, better nutrition, better exercise, to better cope and overcome these feelings.

Lets also remember its November...everything is getting colder, darker sooner. Over the years I have come to see that I seem to be affected by SAD-seasonal effective disorder.  It comes in around mid to late October and stays until the end of march. Also the cold does not help. So I try to take more vitamins in the winter ( just started again yesterday): vitamin C, B complex, vitamin D3, magnesium, zinc, CQ10,   This week was particularly trying and today I woke up today feeling really blah.  By mid afternoon, my pep came back. Funny in one day I can feel so hopelessly down and then the very same day, hours later, I can feel great again like i can handle everything no problem.  This past week as been a bit of a struggle just to get my things together. Over the years there has been a lot of healing and I have gathered around some helpful tools to overcome when feeling like I am spiraling into a decline and I try to apply them ( focusing on prayer and holy scripture and coping tools of being objective to a concern rather than internalizing it helps a lot.), but part of me has a side that-cyclically- just wants to stubbornly close myself off-shut down- from everything and give up for a while (if not altogether-tee-he-).   But my responsibilities, especially my furry and featherly ones keep me moving,(and that's part of why I have them too) but sometimes even so, I can feel overwhelmed, when feeling I am in a declining cycle. When this happens  I also take things a little more easy if I am permitted to ie, obligations not calling me into absolute action. When feeling this way, I do put off what I feel is too much for my psyche to handle and do the basics, eventually I come around again .

So yea, about anxiety, with the SAD for me I can feel  " more "nervous" at a particular time of the day. This is when i want to go into the chocolates and comfort foods. Right now I am trying to avoid carbs and sugar, to see if that makes a difference, also I am forcing myself to do a little bit of exerciser everyday to also see if that helps to make a difference.

The thing  I think is paramount to coping and healing is to not give up looking to find solutions and sharing them with others. As they say a problem shared is a problems half-ed. The load seem a little lessened...

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1