• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

https://www.rt.com/usa/359959-american-gun-ownership-study/

Cannot say I am really surprised, those I know that have guns all have multiple guns.   I know I do my part to be one of the 3%ers!   I was thinking about when I read this, and I do not think I know anyone that owns just one gun.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1965

Not sure I believe that statistic. When I lived in the States, I lived for about three years in the Trinity Alps in Northern California. Being a forest fire fighter and an EMT, I visited just about every town in Trinity county and literally every adult there in those towns owned a firearm. Last year, when I flew back to the States to visit my brother in Idaho, every friend of his that I met owned a firearm. I could name about a dozen people I know from a pastor to a veterinarian who all own firearms.

43 minutes ago, Dr3ams said:

Not sure I believe that statistic. When I lived in the States, I lived for about three years in the Trinity Alps in Northern California. Being a forest fire fighter and an EMT, I visited just about every town in Trinity county and literally every adult there in those towns owned a firearm. Last year, when I flew back to the States to visit my brother in Idaho, every friend of his that I met owned a firearm. I could name about a dozen people I know from a pastor to a veterinarian who all own firearms.

Gun ownership in rural areas is much higher urban areas.  So, it would not be odd that everyone had one in Idaho, but keep in mind the population of NY City is almost 8 times of the entire state of Idaho.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would think this is completely bogus. In fact, I recall several different studies done by the NRA and other similar organizations suggest more then 50% of the population owned firearms.  This statistic is most likely either fabricated completely or twisted by the liberal left to make people think that gun owners are in the minority. The mere fact the NRA exists, kinda shows just how skewed this statistic is.

33 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I would think this is completely bogus. In fact, I recall several different studies done by the NRA and other similar organizations suggest more then 50% of the population owned firearms.  This statistic is most likely either fabricated completely or twisted by the liberal left to make people think that gun owners are in the minority. The mere fact the NRA exists, kinda shows just how skewed this statistic is.

The only stat I could find on the NRA site was that 30% of individuals in the US own guns, which is not that much above what this study reported.   Though feel free to show me what I might have missed.

The total membership of the NRA is 0.00142% of the population of the US, that is hardly proof that the majority of people in the US own guns.  

Let me ask you this, in your own personal experiences, do you know many people that only own one gun?   I do not know anyone that owns just one gun, I would say out of the people I know that own guns, the average number they own if between 4 and 5, and that is being very conservative. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It would vary greatly across the nation from state to state.....   and we should remember that in all the states that I am aware of, anyone who has been convicted of a felony can not legally have a gun in the house he lives in or car that he drives.   I have two friends who tell me that they can't even ride in the car with me when I am armed.

So this statistic really doesn't mean much of anything.     In 1968 a Congress research group said there was 300 million guns in the US and today there is at least twice that many.....     There are 300 million or so of us now, but people in New York and several of the other states make it very difficult to even own guns.....

So if 3% own half the guns that leaves about 300 million guns shared by the rest of the 300 million of us.

Meaningless Statistics in the OP.

46 minutes ago, other one said:

It would vary greatly across the nation from state to state.....   and we should remember that in all the states that I am aware of, anyone who has been convicted of a felony can not legally have a gun in the house he lives in or car that he drives.   I have two friends who tell me that they can't even ride in the car with me when I am armed.

So this statistic really doesn't mean much of anything.     In 1968 a Congress research group said there was 300 million guns in the US and today there is at least twice that many.....     There are 300 million or so of us now, but people in New York and several of the other states make it very difficult to even own guns.....

So if 3% own half the guns that leaves about 300 million guns shared by the rest of the 300 million of us.

Meaningless Statistics in the OP.

Sorry you find information useless, I found it interesting and it also supports what I already see based on my personal experiences. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The people I have asked if they have weapons mostly tell me that they do..    few carry but they do have them at home and we've been all over the country for the past 5 years...    here at home, I can't think of a single acquaintance that does not have weapons of some sort at home.

The only place I didn't find any people with weapons was in Hawaii.   None of the people I asked there had any guns at all.....   But several had cross bows.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I don't know anyone that doesn't own several guns.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Ironically, I remember last year all kinds of statistics showing a higher then 30% ownership of guns, many in the 40-50% now, i cant find anything. perhaps, the internet really is being overly censored. Oh well, like other said-even if true, its a useless statistic, the kind that only those who are trying to minimize gun owners, would care about. 

Another thing about this statistic, is they are only using guns they know about. To answer your question, yes, I own multiple firearms-most of my friends do as well, Im not going to list how many, I will say this though, not a single one of my firearms is registered. neither are most of my friends, its not required by wyoming law. In fact, in wyoming, very few firearm owners do register any of their weapons. Im sure, its the same across the country. Sure, there are gun nuts like myself that horde weapons-but there are some people that only have one or two. In the end, even if true its a trivial statement, that the liberal left uses to trivialize the gun owners. I mean, nevermind the fact theres 300 million guns out there, and a population of only 318 million. even if true, that just means 10 million people have 6 guns. big whoop. If it wernt for the gun grabbers, this wouldnt even be news. I mean, theres no articles stating what percentage of the population owns what percentage of the automobiles, and they kill more people then guns do.