is God punishing me

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I suffer from really bad, debilitating anxiety and depression it's been years of medication and therapy and most days i can manage but lately it's been getting worse. I keep praying and reading and singing crying out for God to help but i don't really feel his presence. It feels like God has forgotten me and i'm wondering if i'm being punished for being gay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God is not punishing you.

The Bible is clear about the gay lifestyle being an abomination.  However God loves you and want's you set free from what I believe to be a lie from the enemy.  

I have a friend who is gay, and he is miserable, claiming he is under a curse.  

God only wants freedom for you, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on a cross for you and your sins just as died for my sins.  

I would encourage you to get into the Word, and start with the book of John. 

I would like to know if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  He can bring you out of the darkness into His Light and set you free.  All you have to do is ask God to forgive you of your sins, the Bible tells us we are all sinners. Confess your sins to God.  Ask for His forgiveness, then ask Jesus to to be your Savior.  Ask Him to come into your heart and life to save you.  Then start confessing Him as your Savior.  Step out into His Light and know that this is not the life He wants you to live.  Are you willing to take such a leap into His care?

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings d.ressa

Welcome to Worthy,I am not sure if you understand that in the Outer Court Q & A you cannot respond to our posts,perhaps you may want to interact with us by posting in the Outer Court "Need Advice" Forum ,if you are not a Christian ......if you are a Christian then you need to post in the Inner Court after you aquire the minimum # of posts to access that Section,I'll send you a PM with some info......

From your OP it is hard to know whether or not you are a Believer,asking God for help to solve your problems is not as effective as asking for help to REceive His Word,in His Word we can draw near Him and Holy Spirit gives us Wisdom & Understanding of His Word,,,,He has given us(Born Again Believers) every Power & Authority we could ever need to stand on the Position of Victory over any weapon formed to come against us,,,,,,      With love-in Christ,Kwik