• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Just a repost on a speculation of the identity of the restrainer of 2nd Thessalonians. The old post is damaged, and I do not seem to be able to repair it.

Part 2:

Part 3:

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The links were dead, YouTube keeps doing that, not sure, why, not saying it is intentional, but it happens. I also notice that the number of view gets up to the 100 to 200 range, then resets to zero, I find that annoying.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,923
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The links were dead, YouTube keeps doing that, not sure, why, not saying it is intentional, but it happens. I also notice that the number of view gets up to the 100 to 200 range, then resets to zero, I find that annoying.

The Restrainer at work possibly . . .

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The restrainer was the old Roman Empire (or the Caesar, as the representative head).

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The Holy Spirit is the restrainer. He will never be taken out of this world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, David1701 said:

The restrainer was the old Roman Empire (or the Caesar, as the representative head).

I suppose the huge number of assasinations, executions, and murders of Roman leaders, generals, and emperors could be considered some form of constraint that prevented the anomos or lawless one from being revealed, but currently the revelation of the anomos is awaiting the withdrawal of that which restrains him.   

2Th 2:7-8  For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.  (8)  And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Perhaps the Romans were restraining the Popes that took up the vacuum when they were all gone. Sometime in the 3rd and 4th century. The Vatican proved itself over the years to be a very formidable foe of freedom.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I suppose the huge number of assasinations, executions, and murders of Roman leaders, generals, and emperors could be considered some form of constraint that prevented the anomos or lawless one from being revealed, but currently the revelation of the anomos is awaiting the withdrawal of that which restrains him.   

2Th 2:7-8  For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.  (8)  And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

The presence of the latter pagan Caesars, as Pontifex Maximus, prevented the Popes from having that title and authority; but, that title and pagan spiritual authority was passed to the Popes, by the emperor Justinian (he was from the Eastern split of the Roman empire, but he re-took Italy), if I recall correctly.

The office of Pope (Father - a blasphemous title) was revealed as the Lawless One, when the highest pagan spiritual authority was passed to it, like passing the baton, in a relay race.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

I have read the Apocrypha 

and I know many do not accept the books because they were removed by Martin Luther from the cannon 66

But those that believe some of these books do line up with the cannon would be interested that not only do we get a description but also a name of the angel in the apocalypse of Abraham 

to him. I am Iaoel and I was called so by him who causes those with me on the seventh expanse, on the firmament, to shake, a power through the medium of his ineffable name in 
9. me. I am the one who has been charged according to his commandment, to restrain the threats of the living creatures of the cherubim against one another, and I teach those who carry the song through the medium of man’s night of the seventh hour. 
10. I am appointed to hold the Leviathans, because through me is subjugated the   
11. attack and menace of every reptile. I am ordered to loosen Hades and to destroy 
12. those who wondered at the dead. I am the one who ordered you father’s house 

13. to be burned with him, for he honored the dead. I am sent to you now to bless you and the land which he whom you have called the Eternal One has prepared

—I don’t poke anyone’s beliefs about the Apocrypha, I don’t put credit in the books that don’t follow the dueteronomy 13 and 18 test and some books are questionable, but this book lines up with 

Revelation 9

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.

Anyway like I say it’s not a poke in anyway to anyone’s belief on the apocrypha brothers and sisters 

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, MrBear said:

I have read the Apocrypha 

and I know many do not accept the books because they were removed by Martin Luther from the cannon 66

But those that believe some of these books do line up with the cannon would be interested that not only do we get a description but also a name of the angel in the apocalypse of Abraham 

to him. I am Iaoel and I was called so by him who causes those with me on the seventh expanse, on the firmament, to shake, a power through the medium of his ineffable name in 
9. me. I am the one who has been charged according to his commandment, to restrain the threats of the living creatures of the cherubim against one another, and I teach those who carry the song through the medium of man’s night of the seventh hour. 
10. I am appointed to hold the Leviathans, because through me is subjugated the   
11. attack and menace of every reptile. I am ordered to loosen Hades and to destroy 
12. those who wondered at the dead. I am the one who ordered you father’s house 

13. to be burned with him, for he honored the dead. I am sent to you now to bless you and the land which he whom you have called the Eternal One has prepared

—I don’t poke anyone’s beliefs about the Apocrypha, I don’t put credit in the books that don’t follow the dueteronomy 13 and 18 test and some books are questionable, but this book lines up with 

Revelation 9

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss.

Anyway like I say it’s not a poke in anyway to anyone’s belief on the apocrypha brothers and sisters 

SHALOM❤️

Interesting material, MrBear, and well caveated.

My concern is that it is the revelation of the man of sin, the son of perdition that is the subject of the restraining in 2 Thess 2, and this your passage does not mention . . . food for thought.

2Th 2:3-8  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  (4)  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.  (5)  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  (6)  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  (7)  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.  (8)  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

• Thumbs Up 1