• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

I do apologize for that Ayin Jade; folks have had issues opening the documents when i post, so I have taken to the archaic "copy/paste" method. Thus the formatting is not always transferred properly. Plus I use laptop...for those using smaller devices I can see how it may be more difficult. I am grateful that you point this out though; as on my screen there is none of the merging you speak of; but now that I know it may be an issue I will try to adjust to make things easier to read. Thanks

Trust me, copy/paste (aka Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) is not archaic. Coping by hand would be archaic. :laugh:

I use copy/paste at work daily. When you just want the text without the formatting (that usually messes up the doc you're working on anyway) use the right click menu (in Word for example) and select "Paste Special" which will give the option to paste as plain text. It works really well for things like that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/05/1981

Thank you folks for the advice. I apprecite the guidance as I learn the site and what works best for people. I will try to keep this in mind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On September 21, 2016 at 2:05 PM, SHINY4UJESUS said:

To the LGBT community I would say: 

A) On behalf of a loving and forgiving God in heaven; on behalf of the Body of believers in Christ everywhere...I apologize that we have hurt you so deeply. I apologize that we have allowed bitterness, hatred and condemnation to be so casually thrust at each and every one of you. I apologize that in our zeal, we have sinned a far greater sin against you all than the sin we so carelessly attack. I apologize that we have abandoned you, deceived you, and contributed to your incredible burden in life. We have no right, no call, no authority to have done these things to you. While we have no excuse at all...NONE..I'd ask that you endeavor to realize that as human beings we are just as prone to sin and error. 

B) Scripture does state clearly that anything outside of heterosexual, marital sex IS sin; whether one wishes to accept it or not. HOWEVER, this is no different than any sin a married heterosexual man or woman has. All sin is equally sin. True, you may be living in sin; but so is any believer casting hate, condemnation, or any other ungodly fruit. We are all equally prone to sin and error; and we are all equally offered the gift of grace and salvation. Your sin is no worse, and DOES NOT disqualify you from what is so readily given of God without prejudice. Any who would tell you otherwise, well let's simply take consolation in knowing that one day they will need to stand before God and explain why they murdered His children in their hearts. 

C). This is the really tough part; but I implore you to make an honest effort to look past the sacrifice it will take, that you may truly and finally find perfect love and grace in Christ. This is a process, not an instantaneous act; and if needed I personally will walk side by side with you through the valley, rather than simply walk by you.

Shiny4uJesus, this is an excellent post overall! :thumbsup:  

A, B, and C are so true. Yet A I think is really what we should focus on here at Worthy more. I think far too many times people dismiss those who have tendencies towards homosexuality or are openly homosexuals. Most of the time what people receive is judgement and demands to change now based on a Bible verse. It's so true that it's not an instantaneous act too from point C. 

Have you thought about starting a new thread about each part? Not too many people will read this entire post or engage on such a long original post (or OP for short). 

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On September 21, 2016 at 2:05 PM, SHINY4UJESUS said:

This is what I would say to the body of believers:

A). Try to look at others through the lens of the Holy Spirit, rather than the jaded eyes of the flesh. So long as we focus on the shell, the sin; we will always be blinded to the more important value of the soul. We will not see a precious and hurting child of God; lost and under attack...we will only see a sinner and will be more prone to condemnation than mercy and grace.

B). Keep in perspective the truth that all of us equally are in sin without the blood of Jesus; and all of us equally are offered salvation through grace, not through righteous behavior. We must remember that we are not above anyone else, but rather are told to "esteem others above ourselves." We must be conscious of the fact we were given a tremendous gift we definitely did not deserve, so we can remain humble and gentle in our witness.

C). Let us be aware of situations and the task at hand; being careful to use the right tool for the task at hand. There are times for stern rebuke, there are times for gentle correction; there are times to swing that sword for the fences, there are times we need to be delicate and precise. Let us be sensitive to the direction of the Spirit, and aware of when we must use the Word of God, and cognizant of the times we must simply shine the light of love and patience into the lives of others.

D). When in doubt..let God hash it out. We cannot afford to continue pushing God's children away from the message of hope, life and love in Christ. WE must ALWAYS let mercy and love win out over judgement and condemnation; over legality and tradition. It is not our place to personally eradicate sin in the lives of others, that is in Christ alone. Let us not simply profess to be the Body of Christ, but let us step boldly into a season of grace, always reflecting the true nature and character of Jesus.

In the end: gay, straight, black, white, male, female, old, or young..we are all God's children..so let us work toward truth and unity. May our Father in heaven continue to lead us, teach us and mold us into an ever perfected image of Jesus; for its in His holy, precious name we pray. AMEN!!

I agree with you here as well for the most part. The only thing is that only those who believe in Jesus are God's children. Those who don't believe are God's creation. Subtle but significant difference. But it's just a matter of calling on the name of the Lord Jesus and believing to be adopted into His family! :) 

Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:9
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

God bless,
GE

Thanks for your feedbck n support Golden. 1) Yes, I now know that partitioning these excerpts from my book will make them more "digestable," but I see little benefit to editing into multiple sections at this point..I will just put that idea into practice moving forward. I think most who are mature enough to fully grasp this lesson will grudgingly deal with the length of it as they so far have..lol. (btw thx all for your patience) 2) I do agree with your assessment regarding God's children being used as a term in general, however not so much in the larger scope, and here is why brother. While WE are not His children in the "legal," sense until salvation, mankind was created originally as His children; we have simply strayed due to the nature of sin. Thus, while we may not be "children," for the moment in the spiritual/legal sense we still are in the functional sense; whether we accept it or not. Sure we are "lost," children until we are "found," in Christ, but in God's eyes we are still His children. The scriptural basis I have for this concept is the entire chapter 15 in LUKE; specifically the parable of the prodigal son. This parable illustrates how we were all children of God; but that we wandered away, and basically disowned our heirship, thus being self/sin-imposed to alienation. Yet when the son, having fallen away; was still a long way off, the father ran out to meet him. He immediately wrapped him in embrace, put his robe and best ring on the son, and began to prepare a celebration," for this SON who was lost was now returned to him." This quite literally makes it clear that the Father thinks of us no less as His children; though for justice and righteousness He must approach it this way until we do turn back to Him. Keep in mind, the father in this parable did not wait for an apology, nor admission of fault, but ran out to whom he saw as his son. This is also a key example of the benefit of deep prayerful and meditative study of scriptures; for there is a wealth of revelation tucked in between the lines; and you really have to dig deep to see this concept with clarity. That all being said I appreciate your redirection and corection; it does sharpen my iron when I must revisit things and ensure the biblical accuracy and context. Thanks n God Bless!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The danger of saying the lost are His children is that they tend to think, no father would torture his children so God wont send me to hell. I hear that quite a bit. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/23/2016 at 5:13 PM, ayin jade said:

Is the font difficult for anyone else? The words merge top and bottom, side to side. I cant even read it without terrible eye strain.

No trouble with the font for me.

Well Jesus said "they are sons of the devil," and "you are not sons of God but of satan," and folks I think are referring to this concept. However, we must take into account who he was speaking to, why he was saying what he was saying, and what was meant. He was implying that their actions reflected that they were "sons of the devil," not saying they literally were. Although I must clarify here:

2 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

While WE are not His children in the "legal," sense until salvation, mankind was created originally as His children; we have simply strayed due to the nature of sin. Thus, while we may not be "children," for the moment in the spiritual/legal sense

Due to God's righteous and just nature, there is truth to the idea that the lost are not children of God. But this is in the "legal," sense..nt literal sense. For example, if I have a child and give that child for adoption; I am no longer legally its father, but that will not change the ultimate truth that I am still the child's true father regardless what legality says. The lost are like God's children "put up for adoption," (though he would not do that himself of course.) While lost and in sin, legally we are not His children; but it does not take away from the fact He is our creator and Father at its most literal sense

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The danger of saying the lost are His children is that they tend to think, no father would torture his children so God wont send me to hell. I hear that quite a bit. 

Right jade.  Not all are his children. Those who accept His Grace and Forgiveness and come to salvation in Him are his. I have a friend who is gay, plus he is very heavy into the spirit world.  He is convinced no matter what you show him in the Bible he is going to Heaven.  Yet he also refuses to read the Bible.  I think that is the way most of them feel.  They know the truth is in the word and they are not going to listen to it. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

14 minutes ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

Well Jesus said "they are sons of the devil," and "you are not sons of God but of satan," and folks I think are referring to this concept. However, we must take into account who he was speaking to, why he was saying what he was saying, and what was meant. He was implying that their actions reflected that they were "sons of the devil," not saying they literally were. Although I must clarify here:

Due to God's righteous and just nature, there is truth to the idea that the lost are not children of God. But this is in the "legal," sense..nt literal sense. For example, if I have a child and give that child for adoption; I am no longer legally its father, but that will not change the ultimate truth that I am still the child's true father regardless what legality says. The lost are like God's children "put up for adoption," (though he would not do that himself of course.) While lost and in sin, legally we are not His children; but it does not take away from the fact He is our creator and Father at its most literal sense

Actually I was referring to John 1, where the bible says only those who believe are His Sons.