• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Willa said:

You chose to hate your dad.  Now you can choose to love him.  It is a choice.  You won't feel any different till you choose to act.  Ask your dad to forgive you for being hateful toward him.  It won't be easy, but it is what you need to do.  When you make the effort, God will start giving you better feelings toward him.  Corrie tenBoom speaks of doing this.  She hated the prison guard who beat here sister when they were in Auschwitz prison camp in Germany.  So when the guy got saved and asked her to forgive him, all the hatred came back to her.  But she chose to forgive him and take his hand, and when she did God also gave her love for him.  

I backslid, and when I came back to the Lord God convicted me of hating my father in law, who was himself a hate filled person.  I knew that I was lost because I couldn't love the guy.  Someone told me to thank God for my father in law, and to ask God to love him through me.  I did pray that, but I continued to struggle with my attitude till he died.  He did not know Christ and he hated me for being a Christian.  

Your dad sounds to me like he is depressed.  It is normal to get a little that way because he left his home and friends to go to a strange place as a missionary, and things might not have worked out the way he expected.   A christian psychologist once told me that depression is anger turned inward.  It sounds like you are also depressed.  The same guy told me that we become like what we focus on.  So if you focus on the person you hate, you become like himl.  If you focus on God and His love for both you and your dad, you become like Jesus.  Perhaps God will even give you compassion on your dad because you might now know how he feels.

Rom 4:5 NKJV  But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,  Rom 4:6  just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:  Rom 4:7  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED;  Rom 4:8  BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD SHALL NOT IMPUTE SIN."

Sometimes God allows us to go through things like this to remove our self righteousness and judgmental attitudes.   He chastens those He loves.  And He is eager to welcome home His prodigals that are tired of eating pig slop.  :emot-heartbeat:

Blessings,

Willa 

I personally didn't hate my dad, but I didn't like him lol Good post. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

19 hours ago, Willa said:

You chose to hate your dad.  Now you can choose to love him.  It is a choice.  You won't feel any different till you choose to act.  Ask your dad to forgive you for being hateful toward him.  It won't be easy, but it is what you need to do.  When you make the effort, God will start giving you better feelings toward him.  Corrie tenBoom speaks of doing this.  She hated the prison guard who beat here sister when they were in Auschwitz prison camp in Germany.  So when the guy got saved and asked her to forgive him, all the hatred came back to her.  But she chose to forgive him and take his hand, and when she did God also gave her love for him.  

I backslid, and when I came back to the Lord God convicted me of hating my father in law, who was himself a hate filled person.  I knew that I was lost because I couldn't love the guy.  Someone told me to thank God for my father in law, and to ask God to love him through me.  I did pray that, but I continued to struggle with my attitude till he died.  He did not know Christ and he hated me for being a Christian.  

Your dad sounds to me like he is depressed.  It is normal to get a little that way because he left his home and friends to go to a strange place as a missionary, and things might not have worked out the way he expected.   A christian psychologist once told me that depression is anger turned inward.  It sounds like you are also depressed.  The same guy told me that we become like what we focus on.  So if you focus on the person you hate, you become like himl.  If you focus on God and His love for both you and your dad, you become like Jesus.  Perhaps God will even give you compassion on your dad because you might now know how he feels.

Rom 4:5 NKJV  But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,  Rom 4:6  just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:  Rom 4:7  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED;  Rom 4:8  BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD SHALL NOT IMPUTE SIN."

Sometimes God allows us to go through things like this to remove our self righteousness and judgmental attitudes.   He chastens those He loves.  And He is eager to welcome home His prodigals that are tired of eating pig slop.  :emot-heartbeat:

Blessings,

Willa 

Thank u Willa for your post… I think this might help, but there's still the issue of my relationship with God… I don't really believe IN Him, and I don't really know why or how to…

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

22 hours ago, Sum1 said:

Thank u Willa for your post… I think this might help, but there's still the issue of my relationship with God… I don't really believe IN Him, and I don't really know why or how to…

I remember it as LOT; Love, Obey, Trust.

A true follower of Christ Loves God above all else. There is nothing, there is no one that they love more. When you love something to that degree, you're willing to give up any and everything for it. As you see Him, who He is and what He has done, he becomes your greatest love, passion, and desire. The greatest affection and admiration of your heart is given to him. The love of worldly things cannot then coexist with love for Him, one will drive the other out.

A true follower of Christ Obeys God above all else. The believer's own will and desires are of a distant secondary importance. Only God's will truly matters, only His command and His plans truly matter. Following Him to this degree will be difficult, because it won't always be what's best for us in the short term. We may lose the love or respect of others who reject our beliefs. We may put ourselves out there for God and be spurned by a sinful world for it. But those things don't matter because our focus is on eternity, not the few decades we're in this fallen world.

A true follower of Christ Trusts God above all else. Salvation comes through Him and Him alone. We trust in Him fully, for eternity, and for this life. He will provide. We trust Him enough Love and Obey Him as described previously in this post; I.E. we trust His love, power, and will for our lives so much that obedience to Him and love for Him are the only two logical responses.

When we Love, Obey, and Trust Him, it results in us becoming like Jesus. This influences us thoroughly; all we do, the way we act, the things we say. When we see someone in need, we act as Jesus would. When you see people far from him, you feel as Jesus does for them. We respond to the world not by huddling in with each other, but with reaching out.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Sum1, there are probably a couple of reasons you don't know if you believe.  1.  You are trusting in feelings instead of trusting in God.  You already said you had asked Him to help you because you feel so lousy.  If you don't believe He is and that He hears you. you wouldn't have bothered to pray.  

True faith stands on God's Word and acts in obedience to what you know the Holy Spirit wants you to do.  To believe is to cling to, trust in and rely upon God.  Then comes the obedience part.  Are you angry at God for not immediately answering your prayer?  Are you even rebelling against Him?   These things can open you up for satanic oppressions--making you feel beat down, held down, and even attacked by the enemy.  Maybe you even think God is like your dad and is acting like He doesn't care about you.  That thought is planted by satan himself.  Reject such thoughts immediately.  He wouldn't have sent Jesus to die in you place if it were true.  Satan is the father of lies as well as of pride and rebellion.  When you reject God as your King you are by default in satan's kingdom.  Jesus came to rescue you from his kingdom.  Satan came to steal, kill and destroy, and he has stolen your joy.  Jesus came that you might have life and have it more abundantly and fulfilling.  John 10:10  Like I keep saying, the choice is yours.  It is all about choosing and believing God's word.  He is a good and merciful God Who is closer to you than you probably want Him to be.  

One of my best friends is angry at God for not saving here dad.  So she decided she doesn't believe the Bible and she is making up her own religion.  But she had put herself outside of God's Kingdom in doing so.  She has horrible demonic nightmares every night and is terrified of going to sleep.  She can't even confess Jesus as her Lord, she is in such bondage.  I pray for her every night.  

I hope this has helped.  

Willa

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Willa said:

Satan came to steal, kill and destroy, and he has stolen your joy.  Jesus came that you might have life and have it more abundantly and fulfilling.  John 10:10  Like I keep saying, the choice is yours.  It is all about choosing and believing God's word.

You're right Willa, life is full of choices, and I don't wanna continue making bad ones. I'm sick of being the way I am, and I wanna change, I don't wanna be like my dad, I wanna be like Jesus. I've decided yesterday, not that I'm gonna try, but that I am going to live for Him.

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM, enoob57 said:

If satan can keep you in a false place then you will continue in error.... first when you came to Jesus (?) you were all alone and when you die and stand before Him you be all alone... therefore all exterior things that we let effect us in relationship to Him 'we do allow' and are solely responsible for! All of us have sin as a daily battle within and we are to eject it from ourselves as we draw nearer to Him.

And you're right Steven, I can't let external things be an excuse, it's a choice.

So I'm sick of being the way I am, and I wanna change, I don't wanna be like my dad, I wanna be like Jesus. I've decided yesterday, that I'm going to follow Him. I wanna have the mindset that I will follow Him, but right now my mindset is stuck on 'I'll try to'… and my desire to know Him isn't that big, its not passionate, actually I've never been passionate about anything really, but I want to have that passionate desire to know Him more… I hope someone will be praying for me, but I won't be disappointed if no one does

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Remember the verse "Not by might, nor by power, but by Thy Spirit"?.    We can't live the Christian life by our determination.  While it is a choice, we can only love and forgive by the Spirit of Jesus living in us.  He is the One Who hung on a cross saying "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do" while He was being tortured to death!  We can't do that in ourselves, but Christ in us can.  He is able to love the unlovable and forgive the unforgivable.  Any goodness or righteousness comes from His life in us.  So start by praying that God forgive people who hurt you and thank God for loving them and dying for them.  If God can love and forgive them, you will come to realize that He can also love and forgive you.  So ask God to live His life through you.  Ask Him to speak through you, and use your hands and feet.  Ask Him to make you a blessing to others.  "Christ in you, the hope of glory".  

Willa

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Sum1 said:

And you're right Steven, I can't let external things be an excuse, it's a choice.

So I'm sick of being the way I am, and I wanna change, I don't wanna be like my dad, I wanna be like Jesus. I've decided yesterday, that I'm going to follow Him. I wanna have the mindset that I will follow Him, but right now my mindset is stuck on 'I'll try to'… and my desire to know Him isn't that big, its not passionate, actually I've never been passionate about anything really, but I want to have that passionate desire to know Him more… I hope someone will be praying for me, but I won't be disappointed if no one does

It is as Willa has said ... even Paul ( Rom 7 ) but it will never be settled within us as we know by The Holy Spirit within it can't be! You will certainly be the petition from  my heart to God!  Love, Steven

Thank you Steven, Willa and BK1110

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sum1

No disrespect intended but you9 say you have to sneak around to use dad's phone,you must do an awful lot of sneaking around because your use of  'text talk" is very evident of familiarity......"prolly"  You despise him so much but not enough to stay clear of his possessions,may I ask why you are not working at 19 yrs of age & using your own phone since you are still living at home,under his roof?

Believe me,I do not say these things to sound harsh but because I care about you & to speak to you by patting you on the head to say''poor sad boy" would not help in any way ,shape or form....you are a man now,it is time to act like one & perhaps then you will be treated like one

Before you can love anyone you must first know what LOVE IS.....God FIRST loved YOU,He is your First Love & unless you Understand & come to Receive HIM,your heart & mind are not eve5n capable of truly loving,we truly love with the Heart & Mind of Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when we do accept Him as Lord & Savior HE abides in us,,,,,I don't know your heart my friend but by your own lips you said you hate yourself,self loathing & contempt is merely a stronghold of the spirit of "pride",,,,,if you stop focusing on you ,your dad,your life & start focusing on Jesus & how much HE LOVES you EXACTLY as you ARE then you can get t o know HIM,not just ABOUT HIM.....

I can suggest you open your Bible & read the book of John,you needn't academics for God to Reveal Himself to you,to be LOVED by Him......begin by reading this lOVE LETTER addressed to Sum1,from GOD     It is a start,if you are seeking Him with an earnest heart you will see a change take place after you SINCERELY open the door as He knocks to come in..........His Sheep know His Voice,He is Calling                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik (You ARE LOVED)

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 11:08 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Sum1

No disrespect intended but you9 say you have to sneak around to use dad's phone,you must do an awful lot of sneaking around because your use of  'text talk" is very evident of familiarity......"prolly"  You despise him so much but not enough to stay clear of his possessions,may I ask why you are not working at 19 yrs of age & using your own phone since you are still living at home,under his roof?

Believe me,I do not say these things to sound harsh but because I care about you & to speak to you by patting you on the head to say''poor sad boy" would not help in any way ,shape or form....you are a man now,it is time to act like one & perhaps then you will be treated like one

Before you can love anyone you must first know what LOVE IS.....God FIRST loved YOU,He is your First Love & unless you Understand & come to Receive HIM,your heart & mind are not eve5n capable of truly loving,we truly love with the Heart & Mind of Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when we do accept Him as Lord & Savior HE abides in us,,,,,I don't know your heart my friend but by your own lips you said you hate yourself,self loathing & contempt is merely a stronghold of the spirit of "pride",,,,,if you stop focusing on you ,your dad,your life & start focusing on Jesus & how much HE LOVES you EXACTLY as you ARE then you can get t o know HIM,not just ABOUT HIM.....

I can suggest you open your Bible & read the book of John,you needn't academics for God to Reveal Himself to you,to be LOVED by Him......begin by reading this lOVE LETTER addressed to Sum1,from GOD     It is a start,if you are seeking Him with an earnest heart you will see a change take place after you SINCERELY open the door as He knocks to come in..........His Sheep know His Voice,He is Calling                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik (You ARE LOVED)

Hi Kwik,

I didn't actually say it was my dad's phone, actually, I got my first phone in January (explains my familiarity) but then something happened in July and dad took my phone, that's the phone I was talking about…

And please, be as blunt and harsh as u need to be, don't worry about offending me, I won't take offense coz I know ur just tryna help, and I'm very appreciative and thankful for that :)

As I said b4, I don't hate my dad so much anymore, in fact, generally speaking, I've been hating or feeling hate less, which is a good thing.

Here's a good example: 66 and a half days ago, I got attacked by some crazy guy (seemed like he was a little drunk too) and he hit me over the head with a steel rod, and for the next almost 2 weeks, every moment that I wasn't intentionally thinking about something, my mind would just automatically go to thinking about that guy, how I shoulda beat him up, trashed his motorcycle, or what I'd do next time I saw him, thinkin all these things in a very hateful way. (This event was part of the reason why dad took my phone)

Anyway, just last night, I finally saw him again, and he looked right at me at least twice, and it seemed like he didn't recognize me ( I guess he was REALLY drunk that night). And when I saw him, I didn't feel any hate towards him at all, I didn't feel anything towards him at all… I'm not really sure why…

Anyway, I'm tryna focus on Him, to fix my eyes on Him, coz I wanna know His voice, I wanna, like u said, not only just know ABOUT Him, I wanna KNOW Him, and know Him intimately.

Again thank u so much for your efforts in trying to help me, I don't deserve it