IGNORED

If at first you dont succeed..try 6 more times!

SHINY4UJESUS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1981

Nehemiah was given a monumental task; as with most who are called of God. However, it can be easy for us to miss a simple nugget of truth regarding what he did when he retook Jerusalem. It is written that he and his army circled the walls of Jerusalem seven times before it crumbled. Often when we face obstacles in life we study, we meditate, we pray, and we take to action. However, when our response is not apparent immediately; we tend to give up. We can fall into the habit of blaming God for not being there, not hearing us or not answering. We can fall prey to the deception that an absence of corresponding action means we are NOT in alignment with God's will...that we are not going to receive deliverance. However, I am reminded of Daniel in the book of Daniel, chapter either 9 or 10, (my apologies for forgetting,). Daniel sought God for clarity and confirmation on a certain matter, but he stayed in prayer for 21 days fasting and drinking only water. Most of us would faint lon before; giving in to the idea that we are not goin to get a response. I myself am lucky to remain in prayer for 21 minutes without wanting a doughnut or something! Yet Daniel did not give up, he remained in prayer; determined to wait upon the response; not allowing circumstances to dictate his faith in God's willingness and ability to answer. After 21 days an angel appeared to him saying basically,"Fear not Daniel. Since the very moment you turned your heart towards God I was sent with your answer. But the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia has been fighting with me for 21 days.." You see, Daniel's answer was immediately given, but it was not received immediately. Just like Nehemiah, we do well not to allow the appearance of our situations to determine our faith. If we don't "succeed," the first time; let us simply "take another lap," because it just may be that Father is testing our faith; it may just be that our responding action is on its way but being obstructed; and it may just be that some things in life take perseverance and dedication to accomplish. Don't give up my brothers and sisters, for the surest way to lose a battle is to give up before it is even over! God Bless!

Guest bonnieschamberger

God is so good He always knows what word I need to hear/see...I heard a sermon on this earlier today as well thank you for posting this.

Joshua was long before Jerusalem was even a place...lol. Remember, Joshua succeeded Moses and was the first judge in Israel after they first entered "The Promised Land," if there was a jerusalem, it would not have had walls during his time.  However, in hindsight; Nehemiah was tasked with rebuilding Jerusalem, I must revisit Chronicles I believe to verify that it was indeed Nehemiah who marched around the walls of Jerusalem until they crumbled. I am fairly certain it is so; but for posterity sake; after this morning's Men of Valor group I will delve into the old testament and post specific scriptural passages to clarify. 

BONNIE..praise the Lord Almighty! That is truly amazing, doesn't God just work miracles in the most unsuspecting ways?? No need to thank me though; it is God who gave me a desire to study, God who gave me the desire to be salt and light; and God who opened the doors. I am merely a servant who walks through those doors eh? Anyhow, if you ever need encouragement or counsel I login often, and the profile also has my email and the site of our new ministry: Return to Grace; specifically for those who struggle with backsliding and self condemnation. That said we never turn any heart away when it is in need. Stay blessed folks!

PS I would hope the last quote from CS was not a pointed jab of accusation and judgment that I am merely a clown entertaining goats...It is no matter to me, but such a spirit of presumptive judgment is not conducive to edifying,nor to scriptural correction. Furthermore...keep in mind what Jesus said about attributing to the enemy what is truly driven of the Spirit; we balance precariously on a fine line with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when we do such things. In any event, were it intended as such; it is forgiven. There is only grace in the blood that dripped off the cross, no room for bitterness eh? No harm no foul. God Bless!

**NOTE** YOWM you are in fact correct, it was Joshua; but it was the walls of Jericho, not Jerusalem. I apologize folks for having confused two seperate passages and some details. That being said, the moral of the original post remains the same; let us not lose hope or courage when we don't see fulfillment immediately, but continue on in faith! God Bless!

Edited by SHINY4UJESUS
clarification & correction

LOL...then I put CS...classic. Prime example of the imperfection of humanity, haha. CH quote was what I referred to.