• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:58 AM, Sight said:

Most of where I come from is pure indifference. Scripture has become "blah" to me. I'm at serve right now, typing this, and rolling my eyes at the pastor.

There had better be a good ending. 84 months of drought makes a believer just not care.

I am not being the way I am for the sake of it. This took time, and the time it took for me to be snide and bitter SHOULD HAVE BEEN TIME FOR THE LORD TO DEVELOP AND PROMOTE ME TO A BETTER LIFE. Will I contradict scripture without pretext? No.

Shall I mock the message? Never. Must I expose wrongdoing in what is right? No.

Here's the thing...why has God blessed everyone else, and starve me to a point of barrenness 

Last time I checked, Satan was the evil one. Why then, does the LORD allow Satan to attack me while the same LORD lines the pockets of my contemporaries? Wh is he the father of Abaham, Issac, and Jacob, but doesn't give a hoot about Chris, Dean, Mike, and all the other 'children of God' he neglects?

Hi Sight,

I think you have been listening to speakers who say - God will do this & this & that, dream your dream, God will bless, etc etc.

Have a think - How would your attitude be if God granted all those things you want?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight

How've you been,thinking about you and hoping you are doing well...........I do hope you come by soon to give us an update,praying for you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 9/26/2016 at 3:42 PM, Brittany said:

Don't go to the Lord to find wealth or an easy life. Go to the Lord to find love. God knows the most embarrassing thing you've ever done, the worst thought you've ever had, the most hateful act you've ever committed. God knows every single thing about you - and yet He still loves you more than anyone else in this world could. God doesn't promise us a good life on this earth, but He does promise us love and eternal life in paradise after this world passes away.

If you come to know God, since He is love (1 John 4:8), you will come to know love. God will give you what you NEED, not always what you want. Sometimes the two are very different from each other. I guarantee that if you let God work in your life and surrender to God - which isn't an easy thing to do, but you CAN DO IT - you will see a big difference in your own attitude, for the better. If you've got all the money in the world yet you don't have love, you have nothing. If you have no money whatsoever but you have love, you have everything.

I used to be a very hateful person. I used to give people dirty looks all the time, I disobeyed my parents, I cussed people out often, etc.  but ever since I've turned to God, my life has taken a U-turn from the wrong direction to the right direction.

If you turn to God, He will give you what you need - love. And you can make reparations from there. You can repair those broken relationships. You might even be able to get a good job if people see that you have a good attitude. And most of all, God will bless you. Just remember, blessings from God often turn out to look different than what we've expected.

I'll definitely be praying for you! God bless ya.

Amen!  Think about what Jesus had:  One robe, no place to lay his head--homeless, and He was often weary.  Paul had been often beaten with a cat-o-nine tail whip, imprisoned, left for dead gone hungry.  

2Co 11:24  From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. 2Co 11:25  Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; --2Co 11:27  in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—

The people who promise an easy life, wealth and prosperity are not looking at the whole picture.  Jesus only promised that He would be with us. He said to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.  He said to set your mind on spiritual blessings that thieves cannot steal and months can't corrupt.  You are doing the opposite.  You are setting your mind on physical blessings and upon yourself.  Try being a blessing to someone else, instead.  Paul had learned the secret of being content in all situations, in plenty and in poverty.  

Heb 13:5 AMP Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Jos 1:5]

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/1/2016 at 8:21 AM, Sight said:

I am not loyal to those who do not provide for me. That includes God

This makes it pretty clear that you haven't matured spiritually, and that is why you're having such a rough time. 

What really is the issue? You don't have the "stuff" others have? That is called envy. Is it that you feel distance between you and the Lord? That distance is yours to make up, and it happens at your pace. 

What you are going through is called "pruning" and it happens to all of us. Your attitude will determine how long it lasts. So my advice, as someone who has been through all that and more for many years, is to humble yourself. That means any place where your ego can be made smaller, is a place to start. Then move on to places where your desires are causing dissatisfaction and learn to be grateful for what you have. For example: I'd give anything to have both my parents alive today. You're lucky. 

You will have these same issues all of your life. They get worse the older you get, so make a plan NOW and stick to it. 5 years comes and goes much faster than when you were younger. 

Embracing the cross means dying to your will, and coming alive to His will. It's going to hurt for a while....let it. That will create character and growth that will propel you to heights you can not imagine right now. 

Or you can continue down pity road and never know what you missed by turning away from what God has been doing in you. Don't take that as a slam. We all do it....until we stop.

I pray you make good decisions from now on. Commit yourself to being faithful only for the things right in front of you and start taking baby steps, without even looking up until you are in a new place.

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I am sure this has been posted here already but I have 2 cents to throw in.

Our time here on earth is but a speck. Think of traveling in one direction for a million years.  At the end of that time you are no closer to the end than where you started.  Compare our eternity to the short maybe 100 years if you are lucky here on earth.  Rejoice in that.  We have the opportunity to spend eternity with our Creator.

Becoming a Christian never provided anyone an easy life.  Look at Jesus's closest followers.  They were all murdered.  Yeah there are people out there that have easier lives.  But we can't expect that just because we are Christians that everything is going to be rainbows and unicorns.

When we focus on ourselves and what's in it for me.  I think that takes the focus of our relationship off of what it was meant to be.  We need to be thinking about how can we help expand the kingdom of God.  How can we become more Christlike.  I am not the best at it myself.  This is the problem with much of our culture today.  Everything is me me me.  What about God God God.  

Thats enough rambling from me for  now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 10/2/2016 at 10:11 PM, Sight said:

Ok. So I kill my flesh, so to speak, and be a good little boy scout for God.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Sight--- truth is- at this point you will get NOTHING--- you are not miserable enough to come to the Lord-- go back into the world and get beat up some more-- and when you cant stand you anymore--- then try the lord----

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I do hope Sight is reading........he hasn't been here to give us an update in nearly 3 months........................