Sight

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Ok. So I kill my flesh, so to speak, and be a good little boy scout for God.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

I'm not trying to be rude. I've been here before. I've tried many biblical solutions. Those caps were the product of a silent LORD never replyng....

Edited by Sight

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

47 minutes ago, Sight said:

Ok....
So I kill my flesh, so to speak....
and be a good little boy scout for God....

:sherlock:

Therefore, through Him let us continually offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that confess His name. Hebrews 13:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

As Impressed As Some Folk Seem To Be With Their Own Thoughts

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Version)

I Rather Doubt The Mighty LORD Jesus

For the Scriptures say, “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.’”

Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall. Romans 14:11-13 (New Living Translation)

Is Overwhelmed

So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’” Luke 17:10 (English Standard Version)

~

Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God is beseeching through us. We implore on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God. He made the One not having known sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 (Berean Literal Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

2 hours ago, Sight said:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

I'm not trying to be rude. I've been here before. I've tried many biblical solutions. Those caps were the product of a silent LORD never replyng....

You're still asking the wrong questions. At this point, you would get nothing, because you're treating God as some wish-granting genie. Being saved is about a changed heart. Good works are just the out-flowing of that changed heart. So you just being "a good little boy scout" in hopes of God giving you your sinful heart's desires as some kind of reward will lead to nothing but hell.

Here are some better questions:

WHY SHOULD THE INFINITE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE CARE ABOUT A SPECK LIKE ME?

WHY DOES HE LOVE SUCH A WRETCHED SINNER SO MUCH THAT HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR ME?

HOW CAN I POSSIBLY KEEP LIVING IN SIN WHEN I KNOW THE TRUTH?

HOW CAN I STILL CARE ABOUT MY PETTY WORLDLY DESIRES WHEN I KNOW I SHOULD BE CARING ABOUT THE ETERNAL SALVATION OF OTHERS?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Sight said:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Oh hun, you’re not being rude at all :)  Don’t be ashamed of questions you have or the pain you feel, God understands all these things.

As far as benefits to following God I’ll list a few.

Bellow is a list of just a few of the benefits of following God that are in the Bible

• 1.  Freedom from the hold, shame, and guilt of sin(Galatians 5, Ephesians 3:12, Romans 6:22)

• 2.       Protection from the Evil One (2 Thess. 3:3)

• 3.       Provision of your daily needs(Luke 12:24;  Psalm 34:10; Matth. 6:31:32)

• 4.       Mercy and favor from God(Romans 9:16)

• 5.       Comfort in times when you’re broken and distraught(Psalm 34:18)

• 6.       Being avenged and having your wrongs righted in whatever way God decides to right a wrong if you were sinned against by demons or humans(Romans 12:19)

• 7.       Whatever we sow into ourselves and others we will reap(aka experience the fruit, whether good or bad, of what we sown)(Galatians 6:7)

• 8.       Wisdom and guidance on how to handle life’s situations and what to do when we do not understand or know what to do(James 1:5)

• 9.       Peace and joy—being able to enjoy life and find peace even when our outer circumstances are chaotic.(Galatians 5:22-23)

• 10.   Entering into heaven where there will be no more worries or sorrow

• 11.   Prayers answered(James 5:16; Psalm 34:15; Psalm 33:18-19)

Have you ever heard of the scripture that says “All day long we are slaughtered like sheep being sent to the slaughter house”. Jesus said that, but He was quoting king David from a Psalm where David felt he  and all of Israel were going through unjust treatment despite following God. I implore you to read it and recite it to God. It’s Psalm 44. Don’t be afraid to ask Him and say these complaints to Him, just don’t be surprised if He corrects you about any sin in your life. Jeremiah was also someone who suffered greatly while following God, aside from Job. I suggest you read his prayers to God and God’s response it gives a great insight on how God works. The thing David, Job, and Jeremiah all had in common is that they were rewarded for their obedience to God, despite the sufferings they faced while on Earth. God can return to you everything the devil or even humans messed up in your life or bless you with even more. This is a biblical promise, so don’t be afraid to speak that by faith in your life. When you learn more about God, you’ll learn that there are certain things He will definitely respond to because He is just—He has to rule fairly if you bring a case to Him.

“22 But for your sake we are killed every day;

we are being slaughtered like sheep.

23Wake up, O Lord! Why do you sleep?

Get up! Do not reject us forever.

24Why do you look the other way?

Why do you ignore our suffering and oppression?

25We collapse in the dust,

lying face down in the dirt.

26Rise up! Help us!

Ransom us because of your unfailing love.”

From Psalm 44(New living translation version)

I encourage you to look up “God’s promises” in a google search and start reading more in depth about them because there are WAY more than what I’ve listed. Speak these things to God because God is willing to bless you. God loves you and would never forget you or ignore you. He sees your pain and distress, which is why He has sent you here to meet with other believers who have went through pain and distress and overcame it.

Yet Jerusalemc says, “The LORD has deserted us;

the Lord has forgotten us.”

15“Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child?

Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?

But even if that were possible,

I would not forget you!

16See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.

Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem’s walls in ruins.”

Isaiah 49:14-16(NLT)

We are granted the same promises of Abraham’s seed so this scripture, which God spoke, applies to us too.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/2/2016 at 10:11 PM, Sight said:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

There is a huge spirit of pride in you.  

God most likely responded many times, but you were not listening nor did you want the answer He had.

We are not in the world as Christians to profit,or to get anything out of it.  We care because

we are supposed to. We are here to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  To bring the promise of God's love to a lost and dying world.

Stop whining and crying about all you think you don't have and start thanking God for what He has given you.  Then...Yes, start thanking God for what you don't have.  A deadly disease, not having to use a wheel chair. Not having to live in a homeless shelter, not standing in line for  I think you will find that you are rich beyond belief.  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight....

Haven't heard from you in a little bit,you okay?                                            Praise Jesus!                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

First I don't believe in coincidence Isaiah said I have purposed it and so it will pass. It's NOT by chance I'm viewing this post. I'm going through a trial of Job like you a wilderness experience. I can relate with just about everything you said. First advice most people don't like hearing but tough is MAKE SURE YOUR SAVED. Examine yourselves prove your selves. Put your salvation to the test DONT PLAY WITH HELLFIRE by playing around with your salvation!. Did you repent? has your life changed since being saved or do you just have a head knowledge of Christ with no conviction. I see a lot of brutal honesty on your posts good sign of the holy ghost. Second step get the KJV GODS PERFECT PRESERVED WORD! Pray before you read it the holy ghost will do the rest!

Third step EFFECTUAL FERVENT PRAYER don't bother if not sincere . God will do the rest Paul said my STRENGTH is MADE perfect in your WEAKNESSES

You sincerely do theses steps I guarantee INSTANT RESULTS I'm not saying you will be out of the wilderness but at least you see a path now a way out.

The word is the light in my path the lamp (KJV) at my feet 

The TRIALS OF YOUR FAITH is to be TRIED WITH FIRE! IF YOUR FAITH DOESN'T SEEM TESTED ITS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE I KNOW IM SAVED BECAUSE IT'S BEING TESTED!

Edited by emanuelf323

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

I do like what I hear from Emanual I just don't want anyone to think that if they are reading a NKJV or an NIV etc,,,that God will not Reveal His Timeless Truth in other than the KJV & I see this continually,it is not so......my personal preference is the KJV but lets not turn this Thread into a Bible version THread,read what you prefer & seek God in it,let Holy Spirit direct you,guide you & point the WAY                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, Sight said:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?

WHAT DO I PROFIT?

WHY SHOULD I CARE?

Good question ... but directed in wrong direction! It all revolves around you in seeking.... that's where the problem lies. You see the me syndrome is a death upon death because there is no room for anything else in the me me me scenario... Life involves all who are living only the dead exclude others in the living! You must be born again for God says

Ecclesiastes 9:4 (KJV)

[4] For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Jeremiah 17:13 (KJV)

[13] O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Sight we live dual lives

One is physical

The other is spiritual

We have a real BIG problem when we try to satisfy our spiritual needs with something physical!

The mess of the world today is a blazing example of billions of people trying to do that.

God created us for one reason....to love us.

That's what God is all about...he is love and always thinking about others. 

How does that compare to the way you have been looking at things?

What is the opposite of other centerdness?

God created us and stuck in us a desire to be in relationship ...that's one of the aspects in how we are created in His image.

That desire is in our spirit where we feel love, acceptance and joy to name a few things.

We have all been suckered by the world whether in our culture or media or whatever, to think that if I had this, looked like that, could do it that way ....that I will be accepted. As a result of that programming we think that we find acceptance and therefor joy and satisfaction (in relationship) through the things that are physical.

If we are truthful, really truthful, almost everything we do, ultimately, has it's very basis in the desire to be in relationship.

You wanting the nice car and the nice bank account etc. is ultimately to achieve that......Sight, when you realize that, you will find it is sooo much easier to just walk up to someone and say hello........but you can't do it to spout your anger.....you got to do it ...........to love THEM not yourself

Take a look at Mathew 6:19-34 particularly vs 33

Its the only way its going to work man....... You are not going to find happiness in all those things you want God to give you, and because He loves you so much, right now at least He's not going to provide that...he may never. But if you follow what Jesus is saying in the passage....it won't be the big deal you think it is now.

Trying to find your happiness, that can only be felt in your spirit...through something physical, is like trying to mix oil and water...... ain't gonna happen.

How has it been working so far?

On another note; you are obviously going through an immense spiritual struggle and Satan does not want you to turn to God. Understand that the very fact that you are experiencing this is an indication that you are close to understanding and accepting something that is real. 

I also see that the fact that you are here opening up is an indication that you really want to know God. Someone else brought it up and I have to agree with them, you've looked into some areas where the Devil is strong. The devil is aggressive with you because you have turned to God but couldn't care any less about you he hates God and wants to get at  him any way he can. Right now he's using you, he's using you to get at God because he knows if he can keep you thinking about physical things you won't realize the true spiritual joy that only God offers.

Keep going forward spiritually and keep talking to God whether you're yelling at Him, crying, or noticing something positive He has made happen in your life. Work at shedding those physical desires...obviously the only thing they're doing is making you unhappy and angry so, let it go, let God deal with them on his time frame, .....Get into His word and fill your thoughts with good truthful spiritual things, get rid of all that other garbage you have been dabbling in. You are in a spiritual battle man, something bigger than I have yet to experience but have witnessed....grab the ammunition that Jesus talked about when he was tempted in the desert. 

.Jas 4:7  Therefore, submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you. 
Jas 4:8  Come close to God, and he will come close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 

Mike